One Piece Collab with Sea of Thieves

• I feel with the rise of One piece on the raise for being one the most popular pirate animes in the world i feel it would be appropriate to add a collaboration of items or cosmetics or skins to Sea of Thieves in support of the Last Ark of One Piece and with luffy on his final journey to claim the title as Pirate King.

I see the benefitting both bring more players to sea of thieves and also benefitting the support for Sea of thieves future success of the game.

could introduce

• Shoulder resting admiral capes / black captain capes
    • new ship skins
    • characters
    • weapon skins
    • emotes
    • clothing
    • Titles
      and much much more

lets hear your views

게시물
    조회 수
  • One piece? nah, thank you, the Pirate king stuff isn't well fitted in the sea of thieves world, where there's no a King.

however i'd love to See a collab with Zelda wind waker. we could have another amazing villain, the powerful Ganondorf, that have all the sizes to be a great bossfght, considering that he hold 2 swords in that game, and also we could have a cool story, we could set sails in the Great Sea, that contains something like 40 islands, with a lot of older structures like an abbandoned Hyrule castle in water, lot of sets like the king of red lions, the talking ship of Link (i would love to have that), the master sword as completing of all the tall tales, also the magical orchestra stick that let you control the wind . also we could have to explore this area and find, like in the original game, maps that bring us in the search of loot in the open sea

for not talking about Beedle, Tingle and the kokiri

and at the end i would love to play "Outset Island theme" or "Dragon roost island theme" with the hurdy gurdy

• @fedted998 I feel one piece is a lot more fitting than halo that was brought into the game. king ... Pirate (lord) same shiz different smell. I would say no to zelda as is has no feature that resembles a pirate life

• @mr-nismox in fact halo was just a cosmetic set, like gears and borderlands, you didn't defended Reach as a tall tale if i remember well...the pirate lord is not a king, he's a lord for the richness he got in the sot, he was the first captain to discover the seas. a king uses the imposition to do the things as it's will, thing that the GP o PL (whatever you want to call it) doesn't do, otherwise all reapers would disappear.

and how could you put it in sot, the story of one piece? can we have gears? considering that in Sot you cannot die, thing that in one piece happens, everything would be pointless

other that, zelda has a better fitting looking with the aesthetic of the game, and ok, it wouldnt be a pirate life update, but a fresh sailing incrementation, with a narrative that can expand the story of the opera that is in the collab.

• @fedted998 your saying an elf rescuing another elf in a fairy land would fit the "aesthetic" better than an actual pirate related collab 0.o I dont about you but thats just as confusing as saying " we should have rocket league cars in sea of thieves because the aesthetic is nice".

I dont think you read anything i wrote other than "One Piece" and " lets hear your views"

• @mr-nismox have you ever played this game? the structure is far more similar to SoT than the entire Anime

i admit that i have lost the part where you speak about cosmetic, and that's all the thing i'd accept to have, however:

one is a cartoon-style game, the other is an anime, how should you porting in a cartoon-style game like Sot an anime like One piece?

• From a cosmetics standpoint we've had ship sets based around less 'pirate-y' themed ideas and some of them even turned out kinda cool.

Not even counting the Emporium ship sets inspired by Rare heritage games (Battletoads, Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazooie, Perfect Dark, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Viva Piñata, Sabre Wulf and Kameo), we've gotten cool sets based around other video games like State of Decay, Borderlands, Gears of War, Bleeding Edge, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and not one, but TWO different Halo themed sets.

I'm much more prohibitive in my thinking regarding STORYLINE crossovers needing to be thematically compatible with the SoT setting.

But as far as simple COSMETICS go?

I say bring it on!! If it's cool, I'll buy it (or earn it if it's Twitch- or event-releated).

• @mr-nismox frankly no.

The Pirates Life was a flop.
    The Monkey Island was a flop.

Neither did anything to add to the game in a meaningful way. I'd rather they just focus on the flamheart story and stop trying to bring in outside influences. Once the tall tales are done and the reward is recieved they do nothing to further the gameplay loop.

Heck I'd rather they just focus on gameplay additions that make sense than add another tall tale.

• @captain-coel

Neither one were flops.
    Pirates life introduced the shrines and sirens.
    Monkey island has introduced and tested zip-lines, there are also a couple of things in the game that might come out of it in different forms.

The 'root-beer', is similar to and different from, the ashen winds skull, might lead to something down the road.
    The 'Ancient Art' could be the gateway to other types of interactions on SOT.
    If you hadn't noticed, there was also the proof of concept of a crafting system in the tall tale.

These tall tales have served as isolated test beds for new ideas. If they flop they stay within the tall tale, if they succeed there's a chance that the feature eventually makes its way into the open game.

• @tybald test beds sure. but the bulk of the assets for them are useless on a regular basis. All of that could easily be tested elsewhere. Long term there is no reason to ever go back to those tales.

They were soul less extensions of Sea of Thieves that barely felt like the game we play. They never made me feel like anything other than an accessory to a story.

I'd rather they shelve the tall tale model permanently than do any more cross overs with stories.

• @tybald said in One Piece Collab with Sea of Thieves:

If you hadn't noticed, there was also the proof of concept of a crafting system in the tall tale.

I think it's a bit of a stretch to call that a 'system'. It was just an interaction point that accepted items, which already exists in lots of different flavours in the current game.

If they want to add crafting to the game, it needs to be more/better than that.

• @d3adst1ck

It's proof of concept.

It was an object, that took a specific number of various different items, and after getting the correct amount of different items, produced an Item. The 3rd tall tale offered a slight evolution on the one in the 1st, in that in TT1 it was A + B + C. Where in TT3 it was transform Bananas (by cooking), then add to pot, add other ingredients (multiple amounts!), then use a last ingredient to contain it to get a new item out.

Is it a fully fledged crafting system? No. But is it absolutely a mechanical demonstration of the features needed for a crafting system. If we were to see a live system in high seas, it would need to cover those things, and I would suspect that the cooking pot would be some sort of "ancient altar" equivalent, and alot more set dressing. The real work on a crafting system is then in designing the actual inputs and outputs, along with the uses for said outputs. That isn't what was done in TT3, what was demonstrated was that they could produce a working mechanical system.

• @captain-coel tall tales are great and should remain. I'm currently going through them with a new player. Lots of fun.

• @tybald said in One Piece Collab with Sea of Thieves:

But is it absolutely a mechanical demonstration of the features needed for a crafting system.

These features have existed for a long time. Chests that require keys, particularly multiple keys, use this system. Several early tall tales where you collect items and hand them in are the exact same mechanics (e.g. Wild Rose and the music box / spice box, or the locket pieces). Anything in which you give items to a person or object and receive something at the end (or unlock progress) is exactly the same mechanics used by the "crafting" in the Monkey Island tale.

That's why I wouldn't call it a showcase of a crafting system, or any mechanics relating to one, because it's not doing anything new or specific to crafting at all.

• No it wouldn’t work. Besides I think we’ve hard enough crossover for now

• One straw hat is enough for a pirate game and we already have one.

• I just posted the same idea and then seen this was posted not long ago haha, honestly I think a one piece collab would be awesome, they could add both the going merry and thousand sunny figure heads as a tall tale reward or even ship set in the emporium and even binks’s brew as a shanty would go hard

• Don't take me wrong but Im here with @D3ADST1CK we had enough colabs for entire game.
    I kinda liked them on their own terms but they still feeled off.

Somehow from lore point identity of SoT world that they builded up to PoC get strongly diluted.

Comsetic (hopefully based more on Netflix adaptation than anime) sounds ok.

• @captain-coel said in One Piece Collab with Sea of Thieves:

@mr-nismox frankly no.

The Pirates Life was a flop.
    The Monkey Island was a flop.

Neither did anything to add to the game in a meaningful way. I'd rather they just focus on the flamheart story and stop trying to bring in outside influences. Once the tall tales are done and the reward is recieved they do nothing to further the gameplay loop.

Heck I'd rather they just focus on gameplay additions that make sense than add another tall tale.

Don't get me wrong but how are you considering these a flop? A Pirates life release actually helped sot sell copies and brought people back. Monkey Island i can possibly see being considered a miss due to it's a game most people don't know due to the age of it even though it's been released like 100 times. Both added new features to the game in a box like the zip lines etc. that is true. Honestly i had this talk with people here and mods in private about the tall tales and i agree with you. I like the ones i have played (i have not finished pirates life working on it.) I finished monkey island. These are great as a break from the main game but add nothing to the greater sea of thieves other then the testing grounds kinda thing people are stating. The shores of gold i loved as they built on the lore of the sea of thieves the only thing i hated here was the do every chapter 5 times for the completion reward( I am glad to see this go away). But yes your right and I have stated it before as well it does nothing for the gameplay loop.

no joke it kinda bugs me in a certain way that we can have some areas hand made that basically we will never have in the actual game. I would love to see more islands or a new region instead of giant one off maps that are a one and done. How nice would it be to have a city style island like port merick or melee island that is kinda a push pull game play between Athena and reaper of bones controlling it. Reworking the roar some or adding a new region etc.

• @metal-ravage who?

• @captain-wolf348 elaborate how it wouldn't work

• @fedted998 all im gonna say your argument isnt aligning at all

• @captain-coel Never said anything about adding a tall tale or story ? only cosmetics 0.0

• @captain-coel i never mentioned anything about adding stories ?

• @rastafied-420 I feel their is a lot of gate keeping in the forums my dude, usually there is 99 percent negativity and 1 percent positive. its great idea, but especially it being the new pirate attraction at the moment. I didnt mention anything in regards to tall tales or stories but if this did pass it would be cool but i was more focusing on the aesthetics of clothes and items

• @mr-nismox yeah mate for sure everyone’s just gotta hate on everything these days haha, yeah I was just thinking if they did a tall tale they could add the binks’s brew shanty as a reward haha, I don’t ever see them selling shanty’s in the emporium. But I 100% agree a one piece collab would be awesome, there’s so many great cosmetics they could add

• PLEASE MAKE THAT A FORUM RIGHT NOWWW, BINKS CREW NEEDS TO BE ON HERE!!!! i cant believe i didnt think of that!!!

• @mr-nismox said in One Piece Collab with Sea of Thieves:

@metal-ravage who?

You mean which one. The Seafarer's Sun Hat introduced during Season Seven by reaching Renown level 96.

That is a straw hat.

• I would ADORE this.

However, I think given the licensing rights for the anime, the more likely scenario is that we get a cosmetic crossover tied with the live-action Netflix series (which I'd be fine with too, honestly).

Xbox/Microsoft have already teamed up with Netflix One Piece to make the special edition One Piece Xbox, so it's not out of the realm of possibility that Microsoft collaborated with them further, and we'll get a future One Piece cosmetic crossover.

Even if it's just a Netflix Going Merry ship set, I'd be happy. But I would love it if we got: Going Merry and Red Force ship cosmetics, Straw Hat Crew clothing, Maybe Zoro's swords as cutlasses, Usopp's slingshot as a pistol, and a stand-alone Straw Hat cosmetic.

I do not think (nor do I want) a full, Tall-tale centric crossover. I think a purely cosmetic crossover is the most likely, and I'd be fine with it. Furthermore, I have asked/vouched for One Piece cosmetics pretty vocally on Twitter, and both Mike Chapman and Joe Neate have replied, playing coy with the idea (where they normally and politely shut down ideas that aren't coming to the game).

I think it will eventually happen.

• @fedted998 I mean truthfully, it wouldn't be much different than creating ship sets for Gears of War, Viva Pinata, Borderlands, Halo, etc. There's a distinct SoT art style, and it's just a matter of making whatever style, form to that.

That said, the live action One Piece would be easier to transition to SoT, I feel.

• @metal-ravage Respectfully disagree. That's a sun hat lol, not a straw hat.

• @valor-omega said in One Piece Collab with Sea of Thieves:

@metal-ravage Respectfully disagree. That's a sun hat lol, not a straw hat.

It is made of straw, that is a straw hat.

• @valor-omega ha detto in One Piece Collab with Sea of Thieves:

@metal-ravage Respectfully disagree. That's a sun hat lol, not a straw hat.

nerd emoji with finger up
    "well actually"

• @mr-nismox
    I've noticed typically you will hear people's opinions more often when they don't agree with you. If their views don't match yours, they will tell you why they feel a different way than you, and try to give you a different perspective.

If they do agree with you or think it is a good idea, they might not say anything since they might not have anything important to add. You might get an upvote and nothing else.

I'm fully aware you did not suggest a TT crossover like Pirate's Life or Monkey Island, so I can only assume you don't want something on that scale. I agree we shouldn't get more crossovers like that. I don't want to see our Sea of Thieve's world more diluted than it already is. The more we bring in other games and media to exist within the sea of thieves, the less it will feel like sea of thieves. I don't want the game I love to be watered down with Disney or anime themes.

If you strictly just want some cosmetics inspired by other media, I don't see anything wrong with that. Rare already opened pandora's box with crossover ship sets.

Frankly I can't stand anime. I know a bunch of you just jumped up from your chair and are about to tell me all about this show or that show and tell me I have to watch it and I'll love it.

No. I won't do it.

I find it excruciating just trying to watch a nickelodeon show with my son that is clearly heavily influenced by anime. I can't bring myself to play FF7 Remake because I'm afraid it will tarnish the memories I have of the original game by removing everything I had imagined as a kid.

My friend said he attempted to watch one piece, not the live action one, and despite him actually liking anime sometimes, he couldn't watch it. If an actual fan of anime couldn't stomach it, I imagine I would hate it. If it came to sea of thieves, I would see it as a big black spot in our game that couldn't be removed.

You want a hat, outfit, or ship set? Sounds ok to me.
    You want a one piece storyline with characters and plot and dialog?
    Please no.

• @metal-ravage Cool. It's not the Straw Hat people want though lol, that's the point. Just because we have a type of straw hat, doesn't negate people's hope/wants for a One Piece straw hat, just because others don't want it.

게시물
조회 수
39 중의 24