Game crashes reguarly every 10 -15 min. PC/Windiws-Version

• Since the latest update, my smooth running Windows-Version of the game started crashing. There is no error-code, it just closes. Does it every 10-15 min. playing. I hear other people have this problem too. Is there es hotfix coming, because playing the game makes no sense this way.

Please don't ask, for reinstalling the game... Just did that with 100gb. :D

게시물
    조회 수
  • I'm now also having the same problem. I can't even get the game to open for more than 5mins without it crashing my whole computer. Everything was running perfect before the update and I have never had a problem playing this game with it crashing.

• The PC people finally suffering what us Xbox people have been living with for over a month now. They better fix it soon cause I’m pretty tired of sailing and just randomly crashing at some pretty tense moments.

• Same. New issue. I was getting crashed on DirectX 12, had to move to 11. But when that happened, I'd get an AMD driver error. This is flat crash to desktop with no indication as to what happened. 5 times in 90 minutes for me yesterday.

• @krozzork Seconded, since the previous update (not the latest ant-cheat one, after that one I haven't been able to play at all), every session I played would crash at least once every 30 mins.

I did manage to notice a correlation and find a workaround though: it seemed to happen uncannily often during lightning flashes in storms, and when I was using a harpoon on treasure with another player walking near the treasure.

By avoiding storms and not using the harpoon, I was able to play for a couple of hours without a crash.

• I too am having the same issue. I'm on PC playing through Xbox Gamepass where I purchased the game. I have never had any problems before, and now I can only play for 15-30 minutes and the game crashes to desktop. I haven't found any rhyme or reason for the disconnecting. I've been in various activities including just standing there fishing. My son playing on his Xbox does not crash at all.

• @krozzork Reading that the people experiencing this are those using Microsoft Store and that those using Steam are not having the issue. If I find that to be true as I test it tonight, will let you know.

• I have the same issue. Don't understand how this wasn't found before launching this to the live version..

• I made a post about this problem too; I'll add here some details to help gather data.

My version is also the PC version from the Microsoft store.

The game crashed for me while on cannons during HG a couple times.
    For the crashes on the high seas I can't exactly remember what I was doing on the ship at the time; one time was right after a skeleton sloop sink, and I was possibly getting on harpoon to gather loot.

Sometimes the game seems to stutter and freeze, now. Occasionally it results in a crash, and sometimes it seems to recover. Again, this wasn't something that was happening a couple updates ago.

Something that happens occasionally for me, and is also new since the latest update: I was prompted to let some file run on my PC when I launched the game. I think it was in my system32 folder, and contained the words Sea of Thieves. Possibly a result of the new kernel level anti cheat. The game will run the same whether I click allow, or not. I choose "allow" everytime.

• @dyornos Windows Store or Steam?

• @x-sambora-x I switched to the Steam Version last night and will test it more today. I guess the Steam Version is not having the same troubles, as Twitch Streamers are using it to play, too. I will check out the game on XBox today later aswell.

• Haha, took 3 minutes until the Steam Version gave me a Hazelnutbeard error. :D

• @x-sambora-x Windows store. I'm thinking about getting it on steam just to avoid these problems (':

• I play sea for soo many years, and is the first time i have this issues
    Do not try to reinstal, waste of time

• @krozzork Yes, but you were getting crash to desktop before? Let me know how it goes.

• @gravesilence272 I had the same problem, switiching to directx 11 fixed it

• @x-sambora-x

With the Steam client, I only encounter the hourglass dive bug, where you disconnect (not crash the game to desktop). Else it seams to run stable. Haven't tried diving in PvE yet. Moving to console now :D

• I have the same problem.
    The game closes completely approximately every 30/45 minutes.

When I restart the game, I often get a "hazelnutbeard".

Neither a new installation or a reduction in the FPS/Graphics has been able to solve the problem for me.
    Unfortunately the game is not playable like this (in the HG)...
    All Microsoft players in our crew have this problem. Steam runs without problems.

Unfortunately, very sad.

• @krozzork You nailed it. Same experience. I was the only Steam player on our Gally and the only one not crashing. I actually believe it is more specifically the MS Store install of Easy Anti Cheat. I had that on my laptop, with Insiders through Steam. Insiders was crashing. Uninstalled the main game after doing app reset in Windows then uninstalled main game. Insiders through Steam would not load due to not detection Easy Anti Cheat. Reinstalled Insiders. Still no dice. Reinstalled main game through Steam. Still wouldn’t load Insiders. Launched main game through Steam. Exit. Then Insiders worked. More proof that the main game controls Easy Anti Cheat, and likely the MS Store load of it is bad.

• I have a temparoy fix, just go into task manager and end easy anti cheat background process

• @x-sambora-x Yes! There has to be a problem with MS Windows and Anti-Cheat. Let us hope for a hotfix.

Played on the Xbox last night. Worked well, but I need to improve those controller skills, before I can flex on my Playstation friends...

@a-maynze Really, that easy? Will test this!

• Same issue here on Windows 11 with Xbox app, crash to desktop every 20-30 minutes with no error message, often followed by an hazelnutbeard error upon reconnection tentative.
    After reading latest Steam reviews, some get the same crash to desktop.
    I tried reinstalling the Xbox App + game but didn't solve the issue.
    Happened both on DirectX 11 and 12 with an Nvidia RTX 4090.

• @clemadril said in Game crashes regularly every 10 -15 min. PC/Windows 10-Version:

Same issue here on Windows 10 with Xbox app, crash to desktop every 20-30 minutes with crash to desktop
    I tried reinstalling the Xbox App + game but didn't solve the issue .
    On Direct X 11 and NVIDIA RTX 3070.

• I've had both hard-crashes to desktop (no error code etc.), and also hazelnutbeard errors. I'll dive to a new server, ship name will be visible but captains log is empty, no guild emblem on mast, and can't sell at sovereign tent (you are not on a captained ship) No progression for guild or captaincy. Windows 10, Steam, i7 2080

• @kisunoh same here mate... disgraceful

• Same. Crashes to desktop at every 3 to 15 minutes. Xbox is doing the same thing, as i switched from Xbox due to not receiving gold from sales. PC I get my gold, but I get steady frequent crashes. Xbox crashed about once every hour.

• PC crashes so playing on xbox atm, even had a crash there...when I had Chest of Legends on board...I'm an old pirate, this is not pleasant for the old ticker...

• Same here, except it happens when I try joining a server.

I can start up the game, choose my ship and set sail but it immediately crashes during the loading screen and even slowed my PC immensely with the mouse cursor lagging.

• @foxywiththemoxy Are you still getting crashes AFTER the update to fix crashes? Yikes.

• @x-sambora-x

Oh I haven't played the game in a long while as life got in the way, I only just decided to replay again after seeing the Seaglass sword.

I was keeping an eye on news, insiders and what not to keep up to date but I wasn't aware of the crashes though.

• @foxywiththemoxy Oh, okay. It was updated today to fix.

게시물
조회 수
31 중의 30