The Two Best YouTubers for PvP guides

• So I've been looking at a bunch of guides for PvP tips because I want to become a PvP god with sword and pistol, and I'm good with sword, though I'm not the best with pistol so I'm trying to improve my skills with it, and I've been watching cannon guides. I've gotten these guides from 2 amazing YouTubers and Twitch streamer, Blurbs, who's the Sword Lord King, and PhuzzyBond, who are both amazing content creators with very helpful guides and amazing content, so if you're looking for some channels with great guides and great content, Blurbs and PhuzzyBond are the ones to watch.

게시물
    조회 수
  • P.S: No I'm not sponsored by them, I'm just helping the community with channels that have great PvP guides.

I've heard this before. :p Never true.

Anyways, Ive seen there videos and some are outdated or more focused on "How they play" not how others play. Or they try to talk you into playing a type instead of freely playing.
    Not guides but more "Follow what I say to be like me"

• @burnbacon said in The Two Best YouTubers for PvP guides:

P.S: No I'm not sponsored by them, I'm just helping the community with channels that have great PvP guides.

I've heard this before. :p Never true.

Anyways, Ive seen there videos and some are outdated or more focused on "How they play" not how others play. Or they try to talk you into playing a type instead of freely playing.
    Not guides but more "Follow what I say to be like me"

I wasn't gonna comment because I don't like endorsing content creators.

But, Phuzzy is a good naval instructor. You could probably find the same content 1000x over, but the delivery is good.

Some ppl are good.
    Some ppl can teach.
    Sometimes you find both.

• That Blurbs guy is really funny.

• For PvP, IMO.

Kaijoi and Massive Sponge.

• @mrestiercol said in The Two Best YouTubers for PvP guides:

For PvP, IMO.

Kaijoi and Massive Sponge.

Who?

• @pithyrumble

Kaijoi has a really good guides for ship roles. How to Helm, Cannon, Flex and Bilge.

Massive Sponge gives tips to play HG and improve as Solo/Duo Sloop.

But if the OP wants more specific tips, I would recommend Stirling or Peirei (One of the best helm players) or even Modjik, these players has more than 4.000 levels on HG, they are really good players and watching them you learn a lot.

• KaiJoi has good tutorials on each role on the Galleon.
    He never got to complete the bilge role since he left the game for whatever reason.
    I kinda do have a bilge tutorial, but it's not in depth as I would of liked it to be, Although I have done a bilge review of a streamer going more Micro indepth.

I gave up halfway doing a more indepth general tutorial one as I don't really care about the game as much anymore, let alone play it.
    Im just casually lurking SoT Content, before I fully leave the game & it's community for the foreseeable future.

Blurbs is actually cracked at Solo Sloop

Im sorry but Phuzzy just isn't that great of a PvP'er imho, his ''tutorials'' is his PvP Highlights is him explaining his thought process going up against Swabbies. Clips of him climbing up a fort tower.
    Or him doing Kegs plays, going up against any decent sloop, they see those plays from a mile away.

Very Rarely have I ever seen him go up against a ''namer'' who is known to be great at PvP and win against them, although it does happen, just not consistently is my bet.
    Althought I like Phuzzy he kinda gets meme'd on by the more serious PvP'ers out there as not being great.

If you want to see actual decent to high level PvP gameplay, YouTube channels like SnowyFPS, Mojdlik17, ItzMino are all regarded as higher tier PvP players compared to the average and theres a lot to pick up from just by watching and thinking critically from their gameplay.

SnowyFPS is great since he posts pretty much daily on all ship types with different crew members who are all decent at their roles.

• This isn't about anyone specifically this is just my view on combat in general.

Talent only goes so far. The mindset of anyone that fights or gets involved in combat is far more important overall than talent. There is always someone hungrier, there is always someone that will pass our best in performance.

This is not a fair environment, arrogance is never justified, insulting opponents as participants in an environment like this is not justified.

Combat is a part of what exists, that's all it is. It's alright to be skilled and it's alright to not be there yet. How someone conducts themselves will always say more than performance, skill, and talent will.

Skill is created with repetition. It allows for efficiency and accuracy but it doesn't prepare anyone for consistent and decent conduct.

My suggestion for people that want to learn from content is focus on principles and consistency of conduct. Our time at our personal peak is very very short, popularity is time limited and harsh, how we treat others and talk about others can last well beyond even the life of the game.

Humility and respect for the environment significantly increase the chances for manageable longevity in hostile/dangerous encounter scenarios.

• yeah i wouldnt count phuzzy as a good PVPer, hes a nice guy and has decent cannons but thats it.

there are tons of dudes uploading toptier gameplay to youtube...

-snowyFPS
    -ErinStirling
    -mojdlik17

for example

• @locke5474677 said in The Two Best YouTubers for PvP guides:

yeah i wouldnt count phuzzy as a good PVPer, hes a nice guy and has decent cannons but thats it.

there are tons of dudes uploading toptier gameplay to youtube...

-snowyFPS
    -ErinStirling
    -mojdlik17

for example

The majority of pvp in this game is defense pvp to get something else done or fairly non-competitive offense pvp where people are stealing/fighting fairly casually. The defense side are typically the underdogs of most of their combat encounters.

Most people aren't in this game for 8+ hour a day pvp.

I'm not big on guides in general because I think it stifles ingenuity and so much of combat in random adventure success is achieved by being unpredictable more than even skill or talent.

It really just depends on what people are trying to achieve with their pvp. Improvement is realistic for everyone but highly competitive fight footage isn't really how most people learn to improve.

• phuzzybond is probably the best for guides overall, the pvp guides is slightly non existent though, mainly they just show a long battle and some funny interactions. some just show you how to hide on someones ship. but he will show you how to use the area to your advantage and how to board a ship chasing you and keep people off f your ship aswell as core mechanics.

Kaijoi has good role tutorials i think happykrakenx had a good one on how to master sloop too and will help with fight interactions

• If you want good Flintlock practice go clear Sea Forts, awesome way to learn how to snap onto targets(Phantoms) with little repercussion to failure when starting out.

• @wolfmanbush said in The Two Best YouTubers for PvP guides:

so much of combat in random adventure success is achieved by being unpredictable more than even skill or talent.

I disagree. Success is achieved by being consistent in a skilful execution of your tasks. That's what sets the above average players apart from the average. Relying purely on unpredictability is essentially relying on the power of luck. It's a shallow and extremely flimsy foundation that crumbles the very moment you encounter a competent player.

Consistency, even at an average level, is more reliable and a better confidence booster. And confidence is the key to staying fluid during a fight, which is what allows you to improvise even when you're losing.

It really just depends on what people are trying to achieve with their pvp. Improvement is realistic for everyone but highly competitive fight footage isn't really how most people learn to improve.

This is a bit like saying that amateur boxers, or even hobbyists, don't learn anything from watching a Mike Tyson or Cassius Clay fight. Just watching the footage and never actually applying your own practical experiences then indeed you cannot expect to improve simply by osmosis. In tandem with actual practice/sparring on your own however, watching footage of highly competitive fights gives you insight on what to improve on and why.

• As this thread was months old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

게시물
조회 수
15 중의 14