Increase of Difficulty on Tall Tales bosses

• When my friend told me about the new update, and how big the game was about to get, I decided to get the XBOX Game pass and join him on his adventure to becoming a Pirate Legend. I familiarized myself with the game and, within around a week, the Anniversary Update was released, promising many hours of additional content.

Tonight, we attempted to complete the Tall Tales, expecting the boss fights to be as challenging as the storyline was trying to convince us they were. Instead, we were met with 20-30 second fights with these supposedly fearsome Skeleton Lords; something we felt to be completely underwhelming. My suggestion here, is to add the ability to increase the difficulty of these boss fights, or increase their difficulty automatically with each repetition. For instance, {SPOILER ALERT} in the fight with Greymarrow, we really enjoyed the concept of his moves, especially the teleporting and when he lifts the chests and smashes them, knocking us back; however when he died so quickly, we felt as if there should have at least been another few phases to the fight. Something to make it more interesting.

Other than the lackluster difficulty of these voyages, we are absolutely loving the new update. The riddles and puzzles were exciting, and we will definitely be playing through again.

Thanks for taking this suggestion into consideration,
    Reubimental

Visualizzazioni
  • @reubimental The fights scale with the ship you are on to make it easier for smaller crews. If you want a challenging fight hop over to say a galleon and fight the bosses as two people (even with four people it is pretty challenging). The bosses are fine where they are currently, and I think the scaling works extremely well for various crew sizes.

• @reubimental when two people, change to brig...should be hard enough then...

• @schwammlgott I may have to solo a Brig then. Solo I find them very easy.

• @entspeak you can try...but the difficulty increase from sloop to brig is very high...so it will be very difficult then...but try and tell me then...

• Ahh, I didn't know about the scaling; although it would make sense.

After defeating the final boss, however, I am thoroughly sated. It wasn't 'difficult' per se, but it was challenging and a very interesting fight. We loved it.

I do feel that the Sloop difficulty could be a bit harder, but I guess we'll have to try it on a Brig next time. Thanks for the suggestions!

• @Reubimental @entspeak difficulty scales based on crew size, NOT ship size. For example, two guys on a brig will be the same as two on a sloop. You'll need to find a third or even fourth player if you want a harder challenge.

• Scaling experience for reference:
    I've ran through "Cursed Rogue" several times now on multiple crew sizes.
    Solo - Defeated Briggsy in less than a Minute.

4 Man Galleon - We all died 5-6 times apiece from the multiple skellies spawning with guns and her AOE attack. We also sat there launching upwards of 50+ cannonballs at the same time before she finally dropped.

• @bkj-seven Disappointed!

• @iisrgntwolfii Can confirm they scale with crew sizes. Luckily the Gold Hoarder took only about 12-15 minutes. Still was fun though and honest my favorite fight.

Visualizzazioni
1 su 10