Lower the grind for this trinket

• The hourglass PVP trinket for sinking champions is very difficult to get, you need to lower the grind to do so.

the number of champion ships sunk to get this trinket is 30, it doesn't seem absurd, but I'm at levels 1103/1327 and I only got 8 for each pvp company.

The problems are the lack of champions, but mainly the lack of champions from the opposite company, unfortunately some things don't count if the opponent represents the same faction.

Decrease the grind required to obtain these frames to 10 or adjust the pvp to encourage players to maintain streaks and count champions from the same faction defeated.

Visualizzazioni
  • @lleorb the thing is, there is little to no incentive to be a champion.

There is multiple commendations requiring you to become champion, however once you get a 4 streak that ticks up, in order to keep progressing those commendations you have to start over again.

It would be alot better if those commendations tick up ever 4, so (4,8,12 etc) that would mean less incentive to vote down.

Also the loss after a high streak is REALLY punishing.

Lose in your first battle or in your 1000th streak, same loss rep.

Add to that that in the beginning people are working for the lvl 100 curses and then if they keep going need to do that same grind 9 more times for each faction to get the last reward, both having little to no reward in between will have more people using 2 and 4 streaks as bonus rep payouts

I would have them change it that selling at streak x would give 100% xp and cash and if losing at a certain streak maybe give them the same xp but no money, or have it be 50%.

Incentivise people to keep the streak going instead of incentivising them to drop and restart streaks, currently the only incentive to have the streak as high as possible is “ooh look big number”

• I think the biggest issue is not that champions are rare, so much as just the fact that it does not count when you face same faction champions in a match up, which is not in the players control when they face same faction or opposing. When it came to getting rep and turning in flags they allow same faction if you are matched with them, so it should reasonably count anything else.

• @callmebackdraft

I would have them change it that selling at streak x would give 100% xp and cash and if losing at a certain streak maybe give them the same xp but no money, or have it be 50%.

That would be a good solution, maybe giving a little more xp per battle after becoming a champion would also help with this.

Even so, I think at the moment it's easier to reduce the grind, I think it will take time to change anything in the hourglass.

• Why? All cosmetics are to be earned over time, not raced through to get quickly.

• This is a issue SoT has always had; some commendations are super simple to get while some requires 500+ hrs to achieve.

• Reduce the grind but increase something. Balance it so it still challenge but easy down the road

Grinds are a sure requirement in this game and need to stop being reduced because “too much work” even if the work is playing the game for another year

• @burnbacon It's a grind that depends more on luck than effort, so it needs to be reduced.

In the current state, if I really want this I'll only get it around level 5000 in each faction.

• My commendations say I've sunk at least 5 opposing faction champions grade 5 emissary or captain ship for both but my milestones for both is still at zero. Confused on how to progress mine. Do I have to be faction champion when sinking faction champions?

• @tesiccl said in Lower the grind for this trinket:

Why? All cosmetics are to be earned over time, not raced through to get quickly.

@itz-majman said in Lower the grind for this trinket:

This is a issue SoT has always had; some commendations are super simple to get while some requires 500+ hrs to achieve.

2000+ hours and I haven't seen a Shrouded Ghost. 🤣

But seriously, there are multiple layers to this problem.

• First is the low incentive to participate in hourglass at all. Most of us who wanted the curses got them in the first year, and now it only really sees participation during bonus weekends.
    • Second is just how difficult it is to get champion in the first place. If SBMM is working, the odds of you getting a four-win streak are 6.25%, and it's very demoralizing for your average pirate to lose their streak every other match.
    • Third is the lack of incentive to dive again with champion status; lower and re-raise to get your gold and allegiance.
    • Fourth is the requirement that it be the other faction. I've never met a champion in adventure or diving, what are the odds of me finding one of the other faction??

I mean, hourglass has so many problems and the fact that it received ZERO direct attention* in the preview video should be very telling that they created the mode to replace Arena, appease the Sea Dogs doing little more, and fully expect it to see less than 3% total play time just like arena. Fair winds to ye pirates who still play in hourglass, don't expect many enhancements in the future.

(I understand that the PvP META shake-up will effect hourglass, but that's a side-effect of adding new stuff to adventure mode now that on-demand PvP is in adventure mode.)

• Champion status has to be the worst thought out thing in the game. Today was the first time I sunk a Champion and it was so underwhelming because I'm almost 100% sure he got it through dice rolls (he asked me to roll first before he panic boarded and lost). I'm trying to go for the Verdant bones cosmetic, and I think I'll get it but honestly there is no reason to get a champion status and continue when you risk losing the additional money and rep. The only crews who will be going above a streak of 4 are the very exceptional ones that are going for gold.

• @tesiccl
    trolling?

• @lleorb oof do you only do one ship type? You've been super unlucky there.

I'm like 800 and 280 and have 8 and 4

It's a fair point the specific requirement for opposing faction despite having no control over who you face has made a lot of the comms much harder than their original design and frustratingly luck based.

• @cannytwocrows these commendations are misworded, they don't actually need to be champions. There's only a commendation for one sink of champion I believe, the rest is about your own champion streaks

• @hiradc commendations fiery reputation 5/5 and Gof come at me 5/5 also exemplary captain 9/10. These aren't hard to understand or poorly worded yet still 0 in milestones for Gof and soft.

Visualizzazioni
14 su 15