Remove or extend time for afk disconnect aka Lazybeard

• Entered into a battle que, 2-4 minute est wait time. At the 5 minute mark I get kicked for LazyBeard, really? There goes 30 minutes and 60k on supplies wasted.
    You're seriously going to have people stuck in a que for extended periods of time with nothing to do but sit there, then kick them for sitting there?

Extend afk kick time to 15 minutes.
    Fix the que times or the estimated time to be realistic.
    Enough with the*Beard junk, I shouldn't have to know or go search some cryptic "beard" message to figure out what error just ruined my gameplay.

P.S. this season has been out for over a week, can we please get some bug/exploit fixes? Getting tired of getting launched into space or shot twice in less than a second by exploiters.

Visualizzazioni
  • Entered into a battle que, 2-4 minute est wait time. At the 5 minute mark I get kicked for LazyBeard, really?

Were you just standing still? Ive been in 15min wait periods (under water) and no kick. Mainly Im moving around my ship..

There goes 30 minutes and 60k on supplies wasted.

Why did it take you 30min to gather supplies?

You're seriously going to have people stuck in a que for extended periods of time with nothing to do but sit there

Sit, stand, walk, sleep. Check supplies. Dont stand still/Sit still.

this season has been out for over a week, can we please get some bug/exploit fixes?

Week isn't enough data time, besides it near Holidays. They may throw out one quick fix that may not work before Break.

Getting tired of getting launched into space or shot twice in less than a second by exploiters.

No fix will ever remove this.

• @burnbacon

After wait times of 45 minutes, and bouncing around, having everything ready, yeah I stand by helm and wait.

30 minutes is a long supply time, but if you get a bad run from the outpost you spawn at, you have to go somewhere else, hence more time. (could be solved by removing supply buying cap/cooldown)

Did all those for hours in que over the last week, I shouldn't have to move constantly.

A week for software bug fixes is a long time considering that some of these are game-breaking. i.e. flinging peoples ships out of bounds and sometimes off the map entirely. It's December 4 at time of writing this, that's 20 days from a holiday. The season started on Nov. 22, they've had enough time to address some of this.

So you mean to tell me a bug in software can't be fixed? It's impossible to fix people exploiting game mechanics in these ways?
    Ok. Let me give you an easy one. Put out a statement that makes these exploits bannable, then enforce it.
    Or idk, just fix the bug in the software....?

• @pyrothraxus929

Or even less than that, acknowledging that there are some problems in the Known Issues section of the patch notes. That would already help a lot.

• Extending AFK time a little bit is certainly not a bad idea, but specifically related to season 8 PvP, I believe my suggestion here is a better solution to the root problem:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/154281/please-let-us-matchmake-on-the-attack-in-the-open-sea/4

• @burnbacon Everything you list here is... Tedious and shouldn't be necessary. Like making excuses for the developers not taking afk timer into consideration. Like you are in a que.... But yes sit there and run around your ship pointlessly to insure you don't get kicked out of the game because there is an necessarily short AFK timer to make up for not having a vote kick option for people who are rubber banding their controllers or running macros to leech.

There's also no timer for us to know how long we have been in que unless we actually look at the clock so yea maybe it wasn't exactly 5 minutes but still when theres 30+ minute ques at times you shouldn't be stuck there literally unable to do anything. You could que for a LoL or DoTA match and finish in the time it can take to find 1 opponent in this. Though my longest ques were on defense. I think the most I was under water was maybe 15 minutes.

I was working on sleeping or sitting milestones which thankfully seem to force you to stand up before the AFK kick so it's basically something you can use as a timer to try and not get kicked. Sleep till the game wakes you up then move around a bit. The AFK system like many other things in this game were an answer to a year 1 problem which at least to me doesn't seem to be as much of an issue anymore. Like trade companies only selling 3 voyages a day because of the merchant animal cage exploit... Well now we have captaincy voyages so we can buy 50 voyages and the 3 a day limitation has no relevance any more except to punish non captains at this point.

• I've been sitting around on the boat a TON! To prevent AFK kick from lazybeard I would suggest a wireless device. Be it a Xbox controller, phone, mouse or keyboard. Keep it with you and move around IRL a bit.

Take the trash out, give a pet a treat for the night/day or take them outside for a bit, do some laundry, watch The Walking Dead, do a load of dishes, tidy up the kitchen table, tidy up your gaming area, take out your gaming area trash can, walk around for a bit, exercise to keep the blood moving, go drink some water or listen to some music.

Or like some people want you to do ...sit there and never leave.

Visualizzazioni
2 su 7