Emissary Grades Reset

• I'm fairly new to Sea Of Thieves, but one thing I wish was different was that your Emissary Grades would reset daily instead of after you log out. Sometimes I have to step away from the game for a while but will return later, I would love to be able to shut down the game and then have the same Emissary Grade when I log back in. Just for that day, then it can reset.

Visualizzazioni
    feedbackgeneralquestioncommunitycompetition
  • You talking about the emissary flag grade

You are wanting to keep your emissary flag up on your ship for 24 hours (without sinking) and come back to continue.

This would be bad for everyone if Reapers held these :p

• The emissary system is designed as a risk/reward balance for a single session of gaming. It would introduce a number of problems trying to save this across sessions, particularly when it comes to duplicating flags.

• @valorxranger said in Emissary Grades Reset:

I'm fairly new to Sea Of Thieves, but one thing I wish was different was that your Emissary Grades would reset daily instead of after you log out. Sometimes I have to step away from the game for a while but will return later, I would love to be able to shut down the game and then have the same Emissary Grade when I log back in. Just for that day, then it can reset.

The game is session based, not a persistent world.

• My knee-jerk reaction (like others) is that this is a terrible idea.

However, after thinking about it a bit further, it's really not that much different than the current emissaried portal hopping mechanic. For reference, I hate the current portal hopping mechanic, but I also feel it is highly justified given the poor emissary mechanics.

With some additional massaging, this idea could be pretty interesting.

The game is all about risk/reward, so we have to factor that in. If there was a buy-in for "saving your Emissary flag for 'X' amount of time" you could turn it into a gold sink while simultaneously eliminating the current portal hopping mechanic. 25k? 50k? 10k for every Emissary level? Whatever the gold value is, there should be a substantial trade-off for getting to maintain your Emissary Flag across different servers.

Certainly better than the current portal hopping mechanic, while also enabling players to take a break at the risk of potentially not returning or being able to recoup that cost.

• You can always reset you Pirate like me. I reset 4 times, about to end my last factions and reset everything again

Visualizzazioni
feedbackgeneralquestioncommunitycompetition
4 su 6