Amd Graphics Card and Sea of Thieves.

• Pc Specs,. Amd Ryzen 4600g,
    Amd Radeon 6700 xt
    Msi B550 Gaming Plus
    M.2 Ssd for Windows, and Separate M.2 for Game Files.

Problem im having is Graphics Driver Crash, full game shutdowns, and Graphical aberrations during gameplay. Over the last few months these problems are happening more and more,. at this point,. everytime i get mid-storm,. im gonna crash. My gpu is stock settings, and running at 56c. No matter what settings i use, this happens. I dont have this problem in any other games i play, and only in SoT. To add to this, is about 6months ago,. I was playing this game on a 3600g with intergrated gpu,. and had the same Abberations in-game, but no crashes. So over time these issues with Amd gpus has gotten worse. To the point that it affects gameplay in a negative way.

Visualizzazioni
  • I got way to many crashes recently, everytime I'm on rain specifically, and always get a driver crash message. Ad yeah, AMD also

• @prplhze8019 im having same issue. Crash to black screen without an error report.. can be 5min into game or 20min.. so far not much more then 20min. When I first played on same pc I had no issues.. (that im aware of) I have just reinstalled SOT a whopping 77gb and 100% fresh install of display drivers.. first load of game i went from tavern to boat then crash.. all of 30sec in game... anyone with AMD issues please post!! With or without solutions!

• One of the problems i see often, is when holding the ships wheel, or a cannon. If the sun is right/left hand side of the screen, the god rays show as black lines that come from that area of the screen,. they last for milliseconds but can occur many times untill the sun is blocked by something.

• This thread will probably get closed due to reviving a thread from a month ago. I'd just like to add something that may help people in the future. AMD cards seem to struggle with Sea of Thieves, especially the RDNA cards. I run a 6800XT and having nothing but problems with SoT. I've spent alot of time trouble shooting and it appears it's something to do with boost clocks on the cards and the adrenalin software.
    My findings:

• Adreninlin installed + MSI afterburner = black screen crash

• Adrenilin on its own = black screen crash

• MSI on its own at base clock = crash

• MSI afterburner with card undervolted to 1130volts = minimal crashes.

The lower voltage seems to make the card more stable but I still get the black dot tearing when looking at sun rays across the Sea. Having adrenilin installed no matter what clocks are set on the card will result in a crash. Every other game I play runs fine. I think this is a compatibility issue between RDNA cards and SoT. I'm moving back to team green.

• @a10dr750 said in Amd Graphics Card and Sea of Thieves.:

This thread will probably get closed due to reviving a thread from a month ago.

The thread was started a month ago, but the second reply was less than 2 weeks ago so it's still within the forum rules.

• Since most consoles are also running a form of AMD hardware and they run fine,. i feel that this is a subject that should be addressed and looked into,. closing this thread would be ignoring a issue that 1/2 of graphics cards are having. Rather it be current users or new ones.

Even trying a DDU wipe and installing just video drivers only didnt fix it either. My only thought is some setting within the game thats not user settable is the problem.

• @d3adst1ck Sweet, thanks for that @d3adst1ck. Hopefully it can be of use to someone then.

• @prplhze8019 I've tried DDU'ing and reinstalling the drivers multiple times. It doesn't fix it. I think it's something to do with the AMD driver software. I'm not a coder so I can't give a factual explanation, I can only go off what I've discovered from my trouble shooting. I also noticed whenever a crash occurs, the GPU is very hot on the junction temp. Your card is of the same design as mine so try installing the latest drivers without adrenilin software, install MSI afterburner and reduce your voltage by around 20-30. That's what worked for me. For some reason though and it's random, MSI afterburner will completely reset my GPU settings and I won't notice it causing me to get a crash in game.

• I dont get that spike in temp,. and to add to whats been said before,. i messed up when i said i had a 3600g,.. it was a 3400g which is based off vega. Same issues with that igpu even running low settings least with the godrays.

• @prplhze8019 said in Amd Graphics Card and Sea of Thieves.:

I dont get that spike in temp,. and to add to whats been said before,. i messed up when i said i had a 3600g,.. it was a 3400g which is based off vega. Same issues with that igpu even running low settings least with the godrays.

The black rays at sunset happen on my RX590 as well as my HD6950 before it. It's a persistent problem that popped up around 2 years ago.

• Radeon RX 6800 XT, Ryzen 5 5600X, 32GB Ram.

Although I really dont want to im about to apply for refund (highly doubt ill be successful).. I cant find any solution and everything I have tried doesn't help.. this game is what pushed me to finally upgrade my old 2010 pc ($6k+ later) and I cant get more then 30min play... its completely unplayable and is now just making me really passed off.

• I have AMD and i was having huge aberrations in my character something i never experience before. then my screen went black. it literally killed my graphics card. maybe it was already needing an upgrade not completly blaming sea of thieves but they need to fix this graphics issue. I have been playing for years and never had as many issues playing sea of thieves until now. so yes this is still relevant.

• Good Day Pirates,

Here is a rundown of my SPEC-

Operating System: Windows 11 64-bit

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X

RAM: 64.0GB Dual-Channel DDR4

Motherboard: ASUSTeK ROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO

Graphics: AMD Radeon RX 6800 Merc XFX

Monitor: MSI MAG321CQR (2560x1440@144Hz)
    AOC G Line 2nd Gen (1920x1080@240Hz)

Storage: 931GB NVMe Samsung SSD 970 SCSI Disk Device

Audio/MIC: Blue Yeti, & Lucid Sound LS-40

Other Equipment: Elgato stream deck, Logitech c920 webcam

Ok Here it goes I have been messing around with my setup for ever. I found one video that a YouTuber acutely made a lot of sense this may help out some of you https://youtu.be/eZaJ2WHJsTs . Back in July AMD update for adrenaline Messed everything all up again they introduced Mic background noise suppresser software I'm back at square one then again, the SOT update broke the game so it's hard to tell what the problem is.

Problems I have faced-

1. PC overheats every once in while upon load up. I find this to be an error something with the Hardware sending it into the bios.
      -Solution you're going to have to wait about 10-15 mins before trying to start your PC again after that no problems could leave PC on for days.

2. Sea of Thieves has been very stuttering and rubber banding during moments of PVP or a lot of data being processed in one place.

-Solutions if you run a three or more-monitor setup try running off of two maybe even try one when I lost one of my Monitors, I noticed an immediate performance improvement. I would much rather have three as I'm a Twitch Streamer three is ideal. For now, running off of two. Follow the YouTube video instructions I have not been able to fine tune my setting to remove all the rubber banding and stuttering still trying to fine tune it will repost if I find a solution.

1. No one that willing to help or a discord for AMD. Look I'm willing to pay someone for smooth game play on SOT so I can run flawlessly. Problem I have no Solution too but if anyone can help out please DM I need some help apparently not alone.

Please upvote if you found any of my post helpful.

• Anyone have solutions

• I recently upgraded from an RX 480 to RX 6800XT and immediately discovered these problems. Crashes (although uncommon) and stuttering both when just walking and looking around and in fights.
    I've used HWInfo to monitor the GPU and its usage and, unsurprisingly, the clock frequency drops to a minimum every now and then.

• I have an AMD 6600 xt, I've been find until today and now I stutter when in fights, my frames are always below 60 frames at rare graphic settings. I used to be able to run the game at mytical and have 90+ frames. I hope Rare can optimize the game it desperately needs it.

• @prplhze8019

fix for me here:

I was having similar issues with the 6700 XT, with a Ryzen 5 3600, and 550 Steel legend MB. Found a video that a guy did with some settings and it fixed the issue with me for the most part. Before I could only game around 60fps and it would stutter, lag bad, and crash especially in storms. Know I average a steady 120fps plus with no lag. Below is the link, i hope it works for all of you as well.

• i had this problem for 2 years and devs never acknowledged the existance of this issue or tried to adress it, but a guy in a similar post above managed to fix it, check it out

• Some of the newest updates to both Sea of thieves and Amd Graphics drivers have seemed to help/fix these issues. Been quite afew config changes and afew new hardware parts since i first posted this.

• This is still a problem, from a RX 580 to RX 6950 XT and Sea of Thieves still has stuttering, I also noticed severe Graphical Glitches on the Xbox Series X that have been unresolved since day one.

So I can't seem to get a good experience in Sea of Thieves regardless of platform, is quite frustrating and I question what are the developers doing.

• @ikobi-blade

They did lower their prices on their GPU's this still does not resolve the problem whatsoever. I for one will be heading to a GPU that performs like it is advertised. This will not be anytime soon for me at least not like I'm balling in money like many of us had to save for a good amount of time get spousal approval.

Visualizzazioni
16 su 22