Chest of sorrows trick

• I use an Xbox. Apparently there’s a trick where you sit on the chest to stop it crying/filling the boat but I can find the instructions in any chats or YouTube.
    Can someone please post?

Publications
    Vues
  • @cimboc Hmm, I haven't heard of such a trick. Where did you hear that? The only trick I know that might still work is if you carry the chest and hold onto the ladder of your ship at the lowest point. Just barely about to fall off.

• @ionei-falcon It's the trick/bug when you make the chest disappear with an emote ;)

• @ant-heuser-kush said in Chest of sorrows trick:

@skulliah said in Chest of sorrows trick:

@ionei-falcon It's the trick/bug when you make the chest disappear with an emote ;)

So just hold the chest and sit down 🤣I have to try that. Thanks!

Kinda. It's a little more complicated than that ;)

• @skulliah Ahh okay interesting. I haven't seen that one yet!

• @ionei-falcon said in Chest of sorrows trick:

@skulliah Ahh okay interesting. I haven't seen that one yet!

It's been aroun for quite awhile althou i didn't relize it also stops the chest from filling up the boat as we al ways use the ladder trick for that. I'ts good to know.

• This is a new one for me. Though personally, since they tweaked the ladder bug, my crew and I just bail the water.

Honestly, sometimes using the tricks is just more effort than grabbing a bucket.

• @tundra-793 very bottom of the latter is best advised

• I stopped using the ladder trick too. I just bail now. Solo sloop can easily handle 1 if not 2 chests while still sailing so there’s no reason a full crew on any ship type can’t handle it. Standing on the ladder renders a crewmate useless for anything else

• @cimboc i only know it on XBox:
    Press X - while you're doing that press down for the emote and pick one (doesn't matter which one)
    It needs a bit practice, but when done right the chest disappears until you move again
    Sometimes you hear the chest crying, sometimes it looks like your character is crying or it rains on him...there are some funny pictures of it...but it doesn't fill you with water

• is this the bug that was shown on Rare's stream recently? where they had used the point emote with the crate and it just disappeared till they stopped the emote?

• @muzackmann didn't see this, but yes, sounds like it is that

• @schwammlgott für sowas wurde ein Konto von mir schon mal wegen "cheating" im Forum auf Lebenszeit gesperrt... gewagt, heutzutage :)

• I've seen video of a CoS placed on the far end of the crossmast (NOT the crowsnest, the horizontal mast) and the crying did not fill the boat.

• @schwammlgott so still renders a crewmate useless then? Might just aswell pick up the chest and hang off the ladder, it’s a lot easier lol

• I was on a random crew a couple of weeks ago and was on with a PL and everytime ours cried he simply sat down on top of it and it stopped, that was all there was to it... never seen it before, i normally hang off the ladder or just keep bailing.

• @lizalaroo sagte in Chest of sorrows trick:

@schwammlgott so still renders a crewmate useless then? Might just aswell pick up the chest and hang off the ladder, it’s a lot easier lol

But hanging of the ladder doesn't work on every ship, this does

• The trick I have used in the past is to leave the "crying man" right where you find him. XD

• @schwammlgott it does if you hang off the bottom :D

• In futherance, i had a go at sitting on it the other day. Worked a treat.... the randoms on my crew were well impressed! I was like 'please form an orderly crew to worship me!'

• @lizalaroo sagte in Chest of sorrows trick:

@schwammlgott it does if you hang off the bottom :D

I did...but never worked on a sloop...didn't try on the brig

Publications
Vues
21 sur 22