Loot despawn?

• So pretty simple question: How long it takes for loot to disappear after ship is sunk? Yesterday I had game where I sunk a sloop. They clearly dropped some skulls and chests and I just needed to finish the crew before collecting them. I killed 1 and other got in my ship and killed me. I respawned and won the fight. When I went to collect my bounty the treasure was gone. Only thing left was crate of sugar and chicken coops.

Is it real that chests and skulls disappear in like 5 minutes after ship is sunk???

Publications
    Vues
  • Yes things in the water sink after 5 minutes after the last time they have been touched by a player or been on a ship. In deep water, once they hit the invisible wall in the ocean it will despawn. If they hit land before hitting the invisible wall, it acts like it is on land.

On land, I haven't seen loot despawn. Had one fort key last over 2 hours.

• @cinnumann I think it's 5 minutes to start to sink and then if it is shallow who knows and if deep they are gone in about ten minutes.

• It doesn't despawn it starts to sink you should be able to swim down and pick it up

• Ok thanks guys!

• @cinnumann Yeah, the loot despawn needs to be a lot longer. Yesterday I sunk a sloop and literally by the time we were done taking them out and we managed to swing our ship around stuff was poofing. 5 mins after their ship sinks? You still might be fighting them for 2-3 of those minutes. In literally the time I took to kill two opponents in the water and swim over the loot was despawning before I could even place one item on my ship. It's just absolutely silly...

Publications
Vues
1 sur 6