Transparency with reporting options, v2

• Since the other thread got locked in the middle of the conversation, I'm hoping to get some clear answers before it gets locked again...

The question was concerning mass reporting, and if this should be a concern for getting banned without evidence, simply due to the amount of reports. The answer was:

"The in-game Report a Player option is only available when you have been in proximity to other players.

Reports are dealt with based on the evidence provided. Mass reporting from people who were not in proximity will add nothing to the overall report."

Take the example of a server alliance. That would mean that all of the players in the alliance will be in proximity to all other players in the server. Theoretically, I could get reported by 17 players, or more if they swap players in and out.

Also, the answer included this: "Reports are dealt with based on the evidence provided." Since screenshots or screen records can't be included in the report, what constitutes "evidence"?

I'm asking these questions because I play a very aggressive style. I generally attack most boats I come in contact with. If I notice they are a solo player, or they are on a tall tale, I'll almost always try to save their boat and apologize. But, if I see a Grade 5 Merchant, I'm attacking. Likewise, if I get into a server that has 3-4 boats allianced, I will try to sink them all. Because of this, I get countless messages from other players, most of them on the negative side. I don't do anything that is against ToS, I don't cheat, or taunt, or any of that. But, I don't want to get banned because a bunch of alliance players decide that I "deserve" it because I sank them.

Publications
    Vues
  • @sammyr0cks said in Transparency with reporting options, v2:

I'm asking these questions because I play a very aggressive style. I generally attack most boats I come in contact with. If I notice they are a solo player, or they are on a tall tale, I'll almost always try to save their boat and apologize. But, if I see a Grade 5 Merchant, I'm attacking. Likewise, if I get into a server that has 3-4 boats allianced, I will try to sink them all. Because of this, I get countless messages from other players, most of them on the negative side. I don't do anything that is against ToS, I don't cheat, or taunt, or any of that. But, I don't want to get banned because a bunch of alliance players decide that I "deserve" it because I sank them.

You still have access because you aren't doing anything wrong. That's not going to change with their new methods of trying to keep things somewhat chill.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Keep playing, be the pirate you are, they aren't looking to get rid of pvpers, even ones that pvp a lot. This isn't to catch players like you or many others that pvp a bunch.

• @sammyr0cks Ahoy matey!

What you are doing is well within the game's allowed actions. We are pirates after all!

As long as you stick to the Pirate Code, Community Code of Conduct and Microsoft ToS there won't be any issues.

The Player Support Team investigate thoroughly each report and as previously stated takes action based on screenshots, streams and video evidence. As well as lots of in-game and session data.

Mass reporting will not work as all the tickets are tracked, monitored and handled by a dedicated real-person support team as well as all the points listed above.

• Since the other thread got locked in the middle of the conversation

Threads like these tend to get locked again. Locked once for a reason

• @musicmee said:

The Player Support Team investigate thoroughly each report and as previously stated takes action based on screenshots, streams and video evidence. As well as lots of in-game and session data.

Mass reporting will not work as all the tickets are tracked, monitored and handled by a dedicated real-person support team as well as all the points listed above.

In theory, this could also be used to catch players abusing the system with bad faith mass reports.

However, and since we're on the subject of transparency, when it comes to infiltrating pre-made/spiked alliance servers, I think we need an official statement from Rare on whether or not this is permissable.

I had a back & forth with a support agent on this subject years ago. And if it's still considered "harassment," then those mass reports may be considered valid, rather than bad faith.

• Also, where is the abusing exploits to farm millions of gold and cheese commendations report options 🥲

• @hiradc said in Transparency with reporting options, v2:

Also, where is the abusing exploits to farm millions of gold and cheese commendations report options 🥲

Cheesing isn't good for the environment but a bunch of it isn't really ToS

Exploiting pve would be pretty easy to detect through data. Especially the different things people have been doing in season 11.

A concern I would have is causing clashing. We already know people sail around out there looking for exploiters/people cheesing. That doesn't help anything typically and just fuels situations that could escalate to toxic encounters.

Toxicity/cheating stuff makes sense. As critical as I am of cheesing/exploiting(pve) in the game I just don't think it will lead to much good overall.

Publications
Vues
3 sur 7