Solo play only… in an MMO?

• I took days off work to play this game early knowing it was going to be awesome from playing the beta.
    But the early aces hits and I’m siting there with a FAT (cigar) blunt ,that costs a lot more than the game, ready to throw down on the high seas…. And the game says I have to sail SOLO! For the next 5 days!?

I’m like ok.. might aswell hav sum fun…
    10min later a gallon Rolls up next to me and boards. Spawn killing me while they sail my ship to the edge of the map.
    They did not even take my loot.
    And hey I get it, “pirate” as jack always says. I’m not mad at players… it’s just the fact that I know I never stood a chance because of the Company…
    Really bad taste in my mouth.

Kinda tastes like my own butt if you get my meaning

Publications
    Vues
  • @hydroharmony373

There is no need to play Solo: only open crew is disabled, closed crew is still playable.

• And if I don’t have any friends in this game I’ve never played?

And that’s not true. I do have friends that play this game. I made them during the beta. But they live in Russia!
    They are all sleeping!

• @hydroharmony373 said in Solo play only… in an MMO?:

And if I don’t have any friends in this game I’ve never played?

And that’s not true. I do have friends that play this game. I made them during the beta. But they live in Russia!
    They are all sleeping!

Use the SoT discord or the forum to find some people to play with ?

• Sea of Thieves is not an MMO, it is a Shared World Adventure Game.

The number of people/other crews you encounter is dependant on region and time playing.

As for crew mates, as already mentioned, Open Crew (which allows random people to join) is the only thing disabled. You should still be able to play with a Crew as long as you have them added as friends on Xbox Live. https://support.seaofthieves.com/articles/18521241457554-PlayStation-sup-sup-5-Sending-Receiving-game-invites

• @lem0n-curry
    Yes I can do that however it is a feather that is already in the game. It seems like if I want to sit down and play with people without having to friend them I can’t. I’d be like having to go online and find 10 other people to play wow with outher wise no one can play.
    I should not have to take out an add in the yellow pages to connect with other players in an mmo.
    I feel like it was working fine during the beta.
    EVERYONE I talked to was thrilled to see new players and even have a dumbutt like me on there ship.
    Less players are going to be on then there were in the betta. I just don’t understand… WHY?
    Unless this is common?

If it’s common than Maby I’m the dumbutt. But I just don’t see how this benefits anyone.

• @look-behind-you said in Solo play only… in an MMO?:

Sea of Thieves is not an MMO, it is a Shared World Adventure Game.

The number of people/other crews you encounter is dependant on region and time playing.

As for crew mates, as already mentioned, Open Crew (which allows random people to join) is the only thing disabled. You should still be able to play with a Crew as long as you have them added as friends on Xbox Live. https://support.seaofthieves.com/articles/18521241457554-PlayStation-sup-sup-5-Sending-Receiving-game-invites

And if I don’t have friends in the game I neve played befor? How do I make friends in a game you will only let me play solo in? People want to play with each other.

In the betta no one complained

Who dus this benefit?

Literally. Who?
    Anyone?

Plz

• Organic encounters are the best way to build a dependable group of people to adventure with imo.

Initiate contact, be friendly, keep in contact with people, check in on people.

This game always has a lot of new players. Always someone out there to meet.

I'm still in contact with people from years ago that I met through organic encounters on random servers.

Take some risks, message people something nice or informative sometimes on the server, give away some loot sometimes, just say howdy a bunch.

It adds up over time and creates a lot of opportunity.

Something I've done for a long time now is I'll guard people's boats that are doing things like shrines to get to know people that way, either see them in game or send a message and let them know I'm watching the boat and then I see what happens.

• @look-behind-you
    Thise are honest questions

1. Who dus thes benefit?
    2. If I have no friends who play… and I don’t want to friend complete strangers online… how do I play with anyone?
  • @hydroharmony373 You can meet people in-game and form Alliances and there is also a 'Make Friends' emote you can do in-game (if you meet others you want to crew up with) to add others as friends.

Other options have already been suggested (such as the LFG on Discord or Forums).

• @wolfmanbush said in Solo play only… in an MMO?:

Organic encounters are the best way to build a dependable group of people to adventure with imo.

I'm still in contact with people from years ago that I met through organic encounters on random servers.

Take some risks, message people something nice or informative sometimes on the server, give away some loot sometimes, just say howdy a bunch.

How do I do that if no one is allowed to sail with me?
    I’ve already made friends during the beta.. but they liv in Russia.
    How do I have the same encounters with other people when I can only sail alone?

Serious question.

How long do I sail the seas alone befor I meet a friendly ship with an open spot and is willing to even stop and talk to me long enuf to…. None of this matters!!!

The question is why do I have to work around this.
    Is this common?

WHO DUS THIS BENEFIT????!!!/?1!//1!//1!//1/1/1//1/

@hydroharmony373 You can meet people in-game and form Alliances and there is also a 'Make Friends' emote you can do in-game (if you meet others you want to crew up with) to add others as friends.

Other options have already been suggested (such as the LFG on Discord or Forums).

Ok
    Just 1 more question…..

WHO DUS THIS BENEFIT ? ! ? ! ?!/1!/1!//1!//1/1Q//q?q!/1?

@wolfmanbush said in Solo play only… in an MMO?:

Organic encounters are the best way to build a dependable group of people to adventure with imo.

How do I do that if no one is allowed to sail with me?
    I’ve already made friends during the beta.. but they liv in Russia.
    How do I have the same encounters with other people when I can only sail alone?

Serious question.

How long do I sail the seas alone befor I meet a friendly ship with an open spot and is willing to even stop and talk to me long enuf to…. None of this matters!!!

The question is why do I have to work around this.
    Is this common?

WHO DUS THIS BENEFIT????!!!/?1!//1!//1!//1/1/1//1/

What exactly are you asking for? If you want to play with people you’ll have to meet some players you’d like to play with. This is the same in every game…

Most of my hours in this game are solo, despite all of the complaints people have on these forums about solo play, it is very much doable, but obviously you have to play your hand. These days I have a guild of people I’ve met organically through the game.

It seems like your post is less about the available mechanics within the game, and more about wondering when other players will approach you and befriend you?

• @hydroharmony373 Open Crew is only the same as inviting other random people from a LFG post on the Forums or Discord but at least with LFG you can have more control over who/what the other people want to do.

Open Crew is literally just anyone who wants to join a crew, whereas LFG crews you can specify what you want to do or what you want to accomplish.

Open Crew will be fixed and you will be able to sail again with random crew mates but it will still be less optimal than posting for/joining an LFG.

• @capt-greldik
    Ok…
    I have to go out and make friends with people without playing with them…
    It’s the same in every game.
    You have a mode where you play with random butheads that you know are going to be butheadsand eventually you find someone who is not and play private crew with them.
    I can’t even choose to play with anyone including butheads. You seem to think that it is ezer to make friends with outher ships than it is to make friends with people you are on the same ship with

WHO DUS THIS BENEFIT ?!?

@lem0n-curry
    Yes I can do that however it is a feather that is already in the game. It seems like if I want to sit down and play with people without having to friend them I can’t. I’d be like having to go online and find 10 other people to play wow with outher wise no one can play.
    I should not have to take out an add in the yellow pages to connect with other players in an mmo.
    I feel like it was working fine during the beta.
    EVERYONE I talked to was thrilled to see new players and even have a dumbutt like me on there ship.
    Less players are going to be on then there were in the betta. I just don’t understand… WHY?
    Unless this is common?

If it’s common than Maby I’m the dumbutt. But I just don’t see how this benefits anyone.

You can unfriend them later on ...

No open crew is a bug and IIRC disabling it has not happened before. The fact they said it'll be fixed the 30th means they identified the issue already.

• @look-behind-you
    My man… I know you think it’s no big deal to invite 40 people to be your friend on p.s. just because you need to find 1 or 2 that are good.
    I don’t want 40 random strangers online to know all my friend only information on p.s. just so I can play with AGAIN random strangers.
    THEY ARE GOING TO BE RANDOM STRANGERS WETHER THEY ARE ON THIS PLATFORM OR ANY OUTHER.
    When I play open crew.. I expect bad actors. Why not just let me play with who I want to play with?

WHO IS THIS HELPING?

The people who don’t want to play open crew? They don’t have to play that game mode.
    I HADE A !GRATE! TIME PLAYING THE BETTA.
    I made friends… playing open crew…. Imagine!
    Every crew I loaded in to was welcoming and kind!
    Why can’t I play that again?
    WHO IS BENEFITTING?!?!

• @lem0n-curry
    It was working fine during the betta
    All they need to do I spawn everyone at the same port and put them in the same crew of 1 ship…
    How can that not be posible but crewing up with my friend is impossible

@lem0n-curry
    It was working fine during the betta
    All they need to do I spawn everyone at the same port and put them in the same crew of 1 ship…
    How can that not be posible but crewing up with my friend is impossible

Bugs creep in.

Beta was PS only, this build is for all platforms, perhaps open crew and some specific PS stuff didn't match up (or did matched up while not intended) with Xbox and/or PC.

• @hydroharmony373 No one can control when the previous people you played with are asleep or online to play with.... how did you meet these other people?

If it was Open Crew then that will be possible again once the issue is resolved, if you want to play with people are asleep when you want to play...no one can fix that...

It feels like everyone's hands are tied on this, you want to play with people you have already played with, which is still possible but Sea of Thieves cannot just wake people up because you want to play with them.

If you ONLY want to play with those people you met during the Beta, then you will have to wait until they are available to play.

Other than that, you can just meet other crewmates via LFG posts, either an existing one or one you start yourself...maybe they will be better suited and play at times more compatible with your own. The players you met during the Beta were also 'random strangers' at one point.

@hydroharmony373 Open Crew is only the same as inviting other random people from a LFG post on the Forums or Discord but at least with LFG you can have more control over who/what the other people want to do.

Open Crew is literally just anyone who wants to join a crew, whereas LFG crews you can specify what you want to do or what you want to accomplish.

Open Crew will be fixed and you will be able to sail again with random crew mates but it will still be less optimal than posting for/joining an LFG.

I spent an extra 20$ to play the game erly during the time worst for new players?

Tell me where I’m wrong there
    The official response should not be I guess you have to do this 3rd party jank to play this game u payed extra for

[mod edit]

@hydroharmony373 No one can control when the previous people you played with are asleep or online to play with.... how did you meet these other people?

If it was Open Crew then that will be possible again once the issue is resolved, if you want to play with people are asleep when you want to play...no one can fix that...

I want to play with ANYONE.
    BUT I CAN NOT DO THAT WITHOUT USING 3RD PARTY APPS

Where dus it say in the user agreement that third-party applications are required for full use of this game.

I paid $20 for five days pre-access. The game is not functioning for five days of that pre-access I want my $20 back.

• If you want to play with the people you made friends with during the beta, play when they do, or go out into the seas and make new friends. Offer your alliance flag or go into the official discord to find a crew if you don’t want to be lonely.

You never know what sort of friendship you’ll make by matching with a random player tbf. My 1st mate met me by random chance many years ago, and now we’re proper close friends outside the game.

Get out onto the seas and allow the randomness of adventure to take over, you never know what sort of bonds you’ll create. And that’s the fun part of it!

@capt-greldik
    Ok…
    I have to go out and make friends with people without playing with them…
    It’s the same in every game.
    You have a mode where you play with random butheads that you know are going to be butheadsand eventually you find someone who is not and play private crew with them.
    I can’t even choose to play with anyone including butheads. You seem to think that it is ezer to make friends with outher ships than it is to make friends with people you are on the same ship with

WHO DUS THIS BENEFIT ?!?

I believe you’ve been given all the assistance in this thread that’s available to give. There is a looking for group channel in discord that’s very, very active, and like the mod pointed out this is actually a better option than playing with randoms in open crew, since you have more power to pick & choose via LFG.

So to answer your question, all the advice given to you benefits you, now go forth and conquer already.

• @hydroharmony373 If that is the case you will need to contact your point of sale/PlayStation Support to request a refund.

As this is no longer a subject for the Forums but for Support, I'll be dropping anchor here.

Publications
Vues
24 sur 25