Pirate appearance potion.

• I think it would be a good idea if, when you buy a pirate appearance potion, your current pirate saves after you use the potion and when you buy another potion you can still see your past pirates but you need to buy another potion to change back. Me personally I think this is a great idea.

Publications
    Vues
  • Not what you said but might be helpful anyways. If you back out of picking a pirate after using the potion you will still have the pirate you were using before you used the potion and the potion won't be used up either

• I dont think the pirate appearance thingy is ever gonna get changed - there are dozens if not hundreds of (very good) suggestion posts concerning the pirate generator of that kind and none have been implemented. Just struggle through the faulty system as it is now until you get a good one - theres no way around it.

• @ictus-xxi said in Pirate appearance potion.:

I dont think the pirate appearance thingy is ever gonna get changed - there are dozens if not hundreds of (very good) suggestion posts concerning the pirate generator of that kind and none have been implemented. Just struggle through the faulty system as it is now until you get a good one - theres no way around it.

The system isn't faulty. It's working as intended. Just because some people don't like how it functions, doesn't mean it's functioning incorrectly.

You are meant to have a less than perfect pirate. The flaws and oddities are intended. This is a feature.

• Nope. You bought a potion because you wanted change, didnt like the current you. That is the price you pay, you lose your old look.
    No going back. (This is a buyers remorse post)

• There’s a literal warning telling you, you cannot go back after purchasing and using the potion.

• @captain-coel In my opinion it's faulty. There is a considerable amount of people that reroll for a pirate that looks like they want it to look ingame. And this process is being made harder for no real reason, through user unfriendly mechanics which wouldnt even diminish the uniqueness of the pirate like: You cannot change poses or outfits in the generator, you cannot filter by bodyweight or sex or by age.

• @ictus-xxi said in Pirate appearance potion.:

@captain-coel In my opinion it's faulty. There is a considerable amount of people that reroll for a pirate that looks like they want it to look ingame. And this process is being made harder for no real reason, through user unfriendly mechanics which wouldnt even diminish the uniqueness of the pirate like: You cannot change poses or outfits in the generator, you cannot filter by bodyweight or sex or by age.

Again. You not liking it, doesn't make it faulty. Your dislike only proves how perfectly it's working.

• @captain-coel that makes no sense whatsoever but OK. I dont like it because its arbitrarily tedious to get a pirate that at least somewhat resembles what you want to go for. If you want to get a fat male old pirate, the suggestions for other bodytypes are just tireding to look through. And I say that as someone that did roll long enough to get the absolute perfect pirate for my taste. You cant just say "the system is made to be criticized, so you criticizeing it proves how great it is!"

• @ictus-xxi But I can. The IPG was designed so that people wouldn't have a "perfect" pirate. It was designed so they would be rough around the edges, or wonky, funny looking, or goofy. If someone wants to spend hours or days searching the IPG for a perfect pirate that is their fault. It is not a design problem.

• @tesiccl I know, I'm just saying it would be nice to save a backup pirate to go back to(if you buy another potion) just in case

Publications
Vues
7 sur 11