I lowkey don't understand how weapons work in this game

• So today I got boarded mid bucketing and after switching from my bucket to my blunderbuss I sapmmed lmb to shoot but it took like a full second before it shot. Ofcourse I sunk, the other player seemed to understand how to use the blunderbuss and be able to fire quickly. I later tried to replicate it, i bucketed, sprinted, and got my blunderbuss ready. Same thing again, a very very noticable delay before I could shoot. Can someone explain how this works, or link a yt vid explaining this? I want to get better in hand to hand combat, Im frustrated.

Publications
    Vues
  • don’t try exploits. Report them

• @burnbacon I don't inted on using exploits, but I want to understand how the weapons work, why does the game punish me for using a bucket?

• The other guy was using quick swap which is not supposed to be easy any more, and odds are he used a macro to pull off. Only once your weapon is all the way out can it fire.

• Tap sprint then ADS.
    I little tip for ladder guarding a sloop when you need to bucket a lot is to blunderbuss them from the little windows. You won't get a 1 shot but it should knock them off your ladder.

1. Pull weapon out.
    2. Do the smallest sprint in the world.
    3. Aim down sight.

This falls under the category of animation cancelling. This is not outlawed and has been used by players for so long it has become common practice and has a broad reach and covers many other things.

• @goldsmen maybe I’m mistaken but I feel like the weapon takes different amounts of time to fire in different situations. Sometimes it works really fast, sometimes takes a while, depending on what I’m doing.

• @karkona thanks, I’ll try if it makes a difference

• @karkona said in I lowkey don't understand how weapons work in this game:

1. Pull weapon out.
    2. Do the smallest sprint in the world.
    3. Aim down sight.

This falls under the category of animation cancelling. This is not outlawed and has been used by players for so long it has become common practice and has a broad reach and covers many other things.

This version of animation canceling has been patched for months. At this point animation canceling is even more fiddly, or requires a macro (the second of which i would consider cheating if its gotten that far). The devs have expressed that if people keep finding ways to bypass the animation, they will keep fixing it.

• Gold, his first sentence. He went from holding a bucket to pulling a weapon out. In that scenario my answer remains correct. He is not asking about quickswapping weapons after firing a shot.

Publications
Vues
9 sur 10