Lapsibeard error, but Status claims everything is A-Ok

• Have been playing along with no issues since the game came out. Tonight, got on to play with my son, who is having no trouble getting into the game, and I am met with the Lapsibeard error, which is a claim that there is an error on Rare's side of things. We're on the same network. Have always played in the same network. We are both on PC's. Anyone know what's going on?

Views
  • This is happening to me as well.

• Sounds like it might be affecting nearly everyone. I have the same issue. I've raised a ticket with Support, so hopefully they'll look into it as a priority.

My guess is the coming weekend has increased the player volume and crashed the servers.

• Well dang. Let's hope they get it fixed soon. Tried on the Xbox, too... no luck.

• @spec24 said in Lapsibeard error, but Status claims everything is A-Ok:

Have been playing along with no issues since the game came out. Tonight, got on to play with my son, who is having no trouble getting into the game, and I am met with the Lapsibeard error, which is a claim that there is an error on Rare's side of things. We're on the same network. Have always played in the same network. We are both on PC's. Anyone know what's going on?

That is odd that one of you can get in and the other cannot but it's definitely widespread. Reddit is blowing up with this happening to tons of people. Some people that were in were able to stay in but if you are trying to login it's not working at the moment.

• @r4bbi-the-shark I believe that that makes sense, Friday is a "fun" day for new updates

• Same for me

• Same error.. Some getting "Strawberrybeard" as well.

• I think a lot of people are stuck on this error right now. Hopefully somebody on SOT Support side is aware that this has been happening for the last 40 minutes now. To me, looks like a similar problem that has been happening just less than 48 hours ago. Maybe this depends on Microsoft also, like last time.

Looking forward to getting back in game.

• Throwing my hat into this ring, too. :|

• Bear in mind it is around 2am - 3am in the UK, so unless they have 24/7 support I wouldn't expect this to be fixed until more sensible hours

• Same here.

• Same Same but different... Same here lapisbeard...

• Same here, "The Sea of Thieves Services are temporarily unalienable" Lapisbeard. GG Rare.

• My wife and I are both getting the Strawberrybeard

• Same error here, just checked the Twitter and saw they were away on a long weekend. Going to be very disappointed if they hang us out to dry that long.

• @berggrant95 said in Lapsibeard error, but Status claims everything is A-Ok:

Same error here, just checked the Twitter and saw they were away on a long weekend. Going to be very disappointed if they hang us out to dry that long.

I'm pretty sure the support team is still working throughout the long weekend. I just wouldn't expect any action until later in the day because it's currently in the wee hours of the morning in the UK.

EDIT: They just posted to their Twitter that they are looking into the problems. Hopefully we have a resolution soon!

• Fear not! It is being looked at!

• CURRENT ISSUES – StrawberryBeard/LapisBeard 04/05/2019 – 03:14 BST

Views
1 out of 19