Deadly duel

• The idea arose during the discussion of this topic: Walking the Plank

If another player does not suit you - you can offer him a fight. A fight can only begin if another player accepts your offer. The loser leaves the server.

This gives us:

1. the ability to show your intention to get rid of a player who is improperly behaves in a team
    2. training in PvP, but without too frequent abuse
    3. the right to defend their honor, if your team accuses you of something.

This makes it possible with a small probability to drive out the player involved in trolling. But at the same time, players will not be able to throw out another player in order to deprive him of deserved chests.

This does not solve the problem of 100% trolling, but at least complements the gameplay.

Views
  • @a-smollett Dueling is a cool idea that I think should be considered. The ability to have a friendly fight and practice some pvp with your team mates would be fantastic.

But as an anti-trolling tool - surly if someone's intent is to ruin your experience, they'd never actually accept the duel and just continue to be a troll?

Otherwise, a nice idea for sure!

• @luciansanchez82 Yes, the player intentionally hindering others from playing will not accept a duel. But against this is difficult to come up with anything.

• @a-smollett I completely agree. More suggestions need to be made on the subject, but the nature of the game makes it feel as though any solution will either not work or invite a different form of toxic behavior.

Hopefully Rare have some ideas in the pipeline.

• @a-smollett the idea is good for PvP. The same idea implemented in World of WarCraft and is very popular.
    I think that the invitation for pvp should be implemented, since the opportunity to measure the strength is pleasant to many.

• This doesn't really bring players together, more like instill one-upmanship.
    Almost the opposite of crew bonding.

I dont see Rare implementing this.

• @barnabas-seadog but this is Sea of Thieves, not friends. If players want to fight they must have this opportunity. Why not?
    And duel is possible if both players agreed. This is the meaning of the topic.

• They will not add a kick option but the should add dueling

• @a-smollett YES!!!!!! then we could have dueling pistols that way

• If swords are to be drawn and firearms aimed at each other, I can see Rare preferring it be between rival crews.

The Arena will provide far better combat experience, applicable in Adventure, than dueling. Without wasting players time.

In case you have not noticed, Rare tries to bring players together, not empower toxicity.

Dueling, who doesn't want to abuse that?
    Like continuous spamming of challenges to the crew that just put you in the brig.

• This is a new take on the dueling mechanic thats been suggested very frequently on the forums. It very simular to the Mutiny system proposed no to long ago.

Can i add your post to my master list.

• @enf0rcer Yes of course

Views
1 out of 12