The benefits of "knives"

• How many times have you stealthy gotten onto an enemy ship only to give away your location by firing your weapon or slashing swords? In an era where almost every pirate carried a knife for a plethora of reasons from ship maintenance to fighting to friendly competition a knife was proven to be essential in a pirates everyday life.
    If RARE ever adds knives to the game it will introduce the element of surprise into the game that currently only exists when a gun powder barrel is lit and dropped from the crowes nest onto an enemies head! The details of the types and effects of Knives can be worked out by RARE and is open for ideas on this thread below. I would just like to see them added in some capacity because being a stealthy style player should have its rewards.

Views
  • Interesting! So the knife would have very little noise when used? What an idea! I’d be up for this add on, but I don’t know if it would be necessary. I love the idea, and who knows, maybe rare will make their own version of this stealth weapon in the future!

• @bern-dimaii
    Rare said they are gonna remove double-gunning with the Arena update, so I assume they're gonna have a slot for melee weapons and a slot for guns.
    So I think knives could not only fill that melee slot but could be a faster and silent alternative in PVP in case you're trying to sneak around a ship undetected. Maybe some sort of backstab feature but I don't know about that considering it's kinda gruesome.

• Have them as a rare find that can only be equipped temporarily (like with gunpowder barrels) and can only either be used strictly for back-stabbing or thrown skillfully for an instant-kill. Upon use, it's automatically destroyed.

Views
1 out of 4