Question about the Bilge Rat quests

• I know that there have currently been 3 ways to earn the doubloons (thrones, gunpowder skellies and cursed statues), each part of a special event that lasts / lasted for a limited time. My question is: Can I still earn doubloons by killing the gunpowder skellies, or is that event completely closed now? I've been looking for statues and sometimes I come across gunpowder skellies. Makes me wonder if it's still worth the trouble of grouping them up and blasting them to bits.

I'm not crazy about the limited edition items, but I like earning some money with these quests while sailing solo. :) If you're just sailing around, looking for statues, you've kind of got nothing to lose which is more relaxing imo. ^^

Also, if it's indeed the case that the skellies still count, another question is: are the thrones still up?

Thanks!

Views
  • @princes-lettuce You will no longer be rewarded doubloons for killing GP skellies. You can still unlock the commendations though and get the titles associated with it. Same with the thrones, they are still in game and you can still unlock commendations and titles, but no currency.

• @lifewcoke Thanks, good to know ;-)

Views
2 out of 3