All this complaining about Xbox vs PC players...

• @captain-surgee said in All this complaining about Xbox vs PC players...:

You're looking just for about any sensless argument that comes into to your mind because you know I'm right. Did I ever mentioned I don't like PvP or can't handle it? I simply listed facts about the game. My post had nothing to do with how I feel about it. Please learn to read with understanding and if you do decide to respond, make it worth a while.

You listed false facts about the game on how it's a PvP game, which it isn't. And no you're not right, just because you feel it's a PvP only game doesn't make it so. It's a PvEvP game, designed that way where the other players are the threat in the open world.

My 2nd line wasn't direct at anybody specific.
    There's plenty of people screaming for PvE because they don't like PvP.
    If they would have done their research, they would have known what the game was.

Those people screaming for people are the same when I would buy Fifa and then go post how I want Fifa to be about basketball.

• Cross play forever please!
    The game needs it!

If you feel limited by your pad, go to PC.

• @lobane said in All this complaining about Xbox vs PC players...:

@savagetwinky said in All this complaining about Xbox vs PC players...:

@lobane said in All this complaining about Xbox vs PC players...:

@savagetwinky I'm going to make another dig here, by clarifying.

The solution IS perfect for all xbox users. I understand that it's not as ideal for a PC user who wants to play WITH xbox users.

No its not.. as an xbox user... I would like to play with my PC friends that use controllers. A better solution is to allow us to match make with.. controller only players. PC players would be more likely to use controllers if they had a pool of controller only players to play with... And I could point out.. while I'm on my xbox.. that we won't be at a disadvantage using controllers.

Also an option I would like to see... is kb/m supported by xbox version of SoT... so my xbox friends can join us when we are all playing with kb/m... and if we feel we have an advantage using kb/m play with kb/m only players.

Again the assumption being the separation is necessary.

There really is no argument to force someone from one platform to play with another. Options, yes. Forcing, no. If your argument is 'I need players from that other platform to improve my enjoyment of the game' ....well, maybe you bought the wrong platform? Could it really be that simple?

The argument is there is no real benefit in separating players any more... and there is a massive benefit to having more players playing with each other. Separating them when its absolutely necessary only on the aspect that needs to be separate.

That is an argument.. its a valid argument.. As I've pointed out your arguments for separation are basically outdated I don't think you have any real foundation for disabling crossplay other than its a known but an indirect solution for separating control schemes. Only some games need that separation.

I don't understand. You would have those same options with optional cross play. You can play with your PC friend using a controller, or you can play with your PC friend using a m k/b, all while being on the xbox. If xbox releases m k/b support the same would continue to be true. The choice of course will always be up to you. What would be lost by allowing others to opt out? Other than potentially loosing a large portion of controller players, but as you said many times, that doesn't impact you in the least (right?)

if there is a problem with disparity with controller vs keyboard... than the point of any separation would solve that issue while letting me play with any one on any platform.. Yes?

Cross play explicitly doesn't do that. Its a non solution for a player that wants to play with someone on a different platform and either wants to stick to a control limitation, or play with a mix...

And again, the control scheme is not the only issue of disparity. There are other inherent hardware issues that will also be greater between PC and xbox, as well as the significantly higher percentage of cheaters found on PC. These are things that players should also be able to opt out of. I see no reason to say otherwise,

Its not the only issue of disparity but its the only one that currently matters, and is the only one that is exclusive to xbox... xbox can't use kb/m (except for xim so its not even really exclusive but w/e)...

xbox has disparities between xbox platform
    xbox has disparities between external inputs
    xbox has disparities between external accessories (my load times are awesome on an ssd on xbox...)

So all your reasons for wanting to disable crossplay... will not solve the problems you are stating.

Cheaters need to be banned. There is no other solution to cheaters. Everyone benefits from that solution.

all so PC users can have 'more' controller users to play against.

Your clearly ignoring my argument. As an xbox user... if there is a need to be separated I see know reason to exclude my PC friends from playing with on that point of separation to solve a problem with interface advantages... if we all are using controllers we should be able to play together. There is no reason to solve the interface advantage by not matching on interface.

No, you are ignoring my argument, as well as actual facts. Having cross play as optional would NOT exclude your PC friends from playing with you. That's what optional means. You, as an xbox user, check a box that says 'yes, let me play with my PC friends.' Make sense?

I'm not ingoring you... if the solution to input differences is disabling cross play... how does that solve the problem for either platform to have that solution and still be able to play with each other.

Again the choice you seem to be missing is fix the disparity in control scheme OR play cross platform with friends on different platforms... Its a bad choice. The rest of the arguments for disabling crossplay are outdated.

With that in mind, who exactly is impacted negatively by optional cross play? Who is not 'allowed' to play together?

Me. My friends. People who want to play together... and have a solution for the actual problem of control scheme differences.... and not have an arbitrary point of separation that between the two.

It doesn't, see my latest post. There are definitely still those that would be impacted. But again, only if you insist on playing cross platform, while also LIMITING controller scheme to one type. And to be honest, both options are probably coming, at least in other games. I think every xbox game that offers m k/b support is going to offer separate and mixed servers. Cross play is the real question, and as long as there are significant hardware differences and a higher percentage of cheaters on PC, you're always going to have Xbox users against forced cross play. So imho, cross play will continue to be optional in most games. Want an actual solution? Make PC games run on 'fixed' settings, and step up anti-cheat. Once you do both of those things then, and only then, should we be arguing for 'forced' crossplay.

there are hardware differences for xbox, why should those be cross play? The point your making doesn't matter. The option is a bad option long term. And with xbox seemingly making sure everything is "foward" compatible from here on now means that disparity will just grow with xbox... not to mention xbox players have option for keyboard mouse TODAY... if its officially supported it just means that xbox players will have proper support and devs can separate out that preference.. but they'll need large pools of kb/m players to play with their preference... wonder where they'll get that from.

Forget about the potential for windows to make licensed "steam machines" based on windows 10... which xbox basically is.

I'm sorry, but I remain unconvinced, and unfortunately I'm out of time. I'm all for options, so sure, let games create separation based on control scheme if they want. But I'll also continue to demand separation from PC based on my lifelong experience with cheating in multiplayer games on that platform.

If the argument against optional cross play is that it will 'unnecessarily create MORE separation' among the player base, maybe realize that some of us will refuse to play a game with forced cross play at all. So instead of splitting the player base into groups, you simply alienate an entire portion from the onset. I obviously can't claim which option is more conducive to a game's overall longevity, so I guess SoT will act as an interesting litmus test.

you may be unconvinced but your problems are factually unsolved by disabling cross play for the most part. The one exception is more cheaters but I still fail to see the point of the optional cross play when the vast majority of players don't cheat and likely you'll never see one.

Lol. no. My problems are ALL solved by maintaining status quo in this industry and disabling forced cross play. I get to play on a closed platform with minimal hardware disparities and the lowest population of cheaters (compared to PC). And I get to play against people with the same control scheme.

And it doesn't matter if YOU don't think I'll ever see a single cheater. I've played PC for over 30 years and I've seen plenty, that's enough for me.

You're the one (as is Rare) who is going to have an uphill battle convincing the entire industry to suddenly adopt the stance that it's profitable to force this lack of choice on their paying customers. Good luck with that. Maybe if Rare had a true blockbuster on their hand then yes, that could move the needle a bit. But honestly, do you think SoT has a wide enough audience, and was met with such unbridled success, that other developers are suddenly taking note and want to follow suit? I know where my money is. And if I'm wrong, then my money certainly won't be with MS or the developers who choose that road.

• @binaryplayerone Thank you! You are now my best friend..

• No offence but if you think Xbox players are on the same level as pc players your crazy I’m a hardcore Xbox player I almost never miss a shot.im running 60fps at best and I can tell when I am fighting a pc player they’re way faster and flick shot you all my pc buddy’s don’t even play with Xbox players anymore due to the disadvantaged Xbox players have in the game

• @spinal-mercs Hi there matey, you're reacting to a thread that's over a year old!
    Please refrain from resurrecting old threads as they often don't reflect the current state of the game.
    This for example was made way before any notion of crossplay seperation.

Please look at the date and time of posts to see if it's valid to react to.

• @deckhands Necro'd thread

• Oh look a new topic......... scrolls down.

1 year old!?

😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳😳

• Ahoy maties!

As this thread was 12 months old, and revived today, it will now be locked. Please feel free to start a new discussion on this topic!

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our forum rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Views
253 out of 254