Can't log in to Xbox Insider (PC)

• I logged in yesterday to Xbox Insider to get access to the SCALE TEST without any problems, but today is different because I'm only getting an error message everytime I try to log in that says "Please try again. There was an issue with your network.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling Xbox Insider, disabling proxy and also disabling my firewall. I don't run any anti-virus except Windowns Defender.

Any ideas?

Views
  • Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Command Prompt/PowerShell (Admin)

c: Now type the following command and hit enter

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage

After a restart (signing out and back in didn't work for me) I entered the following command (again in a powershell in admin):

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

This will install any missing built-in apps you may have uninstalled.
    It helped me.

• @grollitsch said in Can't log in to Xbox Insider (PC):

Perform the steps mentioned below and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows key + X.

b: Then click Command Prompt/PowerShell (Admin)

c: Now type the following command and hit enter

Get-AppxPackage windowsstore | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage xboxapp | Remove-AppxPackage

After a restart (signing out and back in didn't work for me) I entered the following command (again in a powershell in admin):

Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

This will install any missing built-in apps you may have uninstalled.
    It helped me.

I'm only getting these errors in PowerShell

Package Manager aborted the Remove operation because an invalid argument was passed: xboxapp.
    Package Manager aborted the Remove operation because an invalid argument was passed: windowsstore.

cmd doesn't recognize the commands at all.

• nvm, the italic text was supposed to be surrounded by *. hehe

• @dielikekane said in Can't log in to Xbox Insider (PC):

@rydhorna
    Have you tried clearing store cache

Tried it now. Did not work.

I've heard people say restoring a previous backup or reinstalling windows 10 has helped them. Not sure if I wanna reinstall windows 10 though, nor do I have a restore point.

• @rydhorna Hmm, I've had something similar a while ago, try Number 4 on this page or contact microsoft support -

• @katttruewalker said in Can't log in to Xbox Insider (PC):

@rydhorna Hmm, I've had something similar a while ago, try Number 4 on this page or contact microsoft support -

Tried all the steps, didn't help.

• @dielikekane By yesterday I mean the day before the test started. I can launch the game fine from Windows Store. But the problem is that it says I have to be logged into Xbox Live to play (Ashbeard error). I am logged in on Xbox app and Store. So I assume you have to be logged in to the insider hub.

edit: Ashbeard error

• @dielikekane

Tried that earlier today. Sadly still nothing

• @dielikekane Yep. Tried it already. I'm just gonna skip this beta and wait for release. Hopefully the problem wont persist. Thanks for all the suggestions though

• @rydhorna current test isn't a Beta as such, more a test of what can and will go wrong....this might be one of the things that they were expecting but equally might be something they weren't , like @KattTruewalker mentioned it might be worth reporting...to Xbox/Microsoft/Rare...i'm not sure which but repost either way :)

Views
1 out of 11