What’s your fort strategy?

• @corrupt-fellow We form an alliance prior to going to the skull fort. Like I said, we only do skull forts with people who we've been playing with for quite some time. Once we've been able to establish a level of trust with someone we'll risk running a skull fort with them.

• Across all the seas, I generally run a friendly rule of "I never fire first" (some exceptions, and/or semantics may apply - if that other vessel is clearly up to no good, but hasn't quite fired yet, I hold the right to go ahead and fire, and so on. I'm not afraid to give a bit of an upper-hand to another vessel, but I also will react accordingly to a ship that is not communicating while within speaking distance, sailing directly towards me - and/or lining up for a broadside. Also, you must ask for permission to board my vessel). Of course, I do my best to handle all of this with a pleasant, hearty voice to make sure everyone knows, I'm here for fun.

I'm a rather friendly pirate, although I am quite capable of sinking you and can enjoy it very much as well...

And that's where Skull Forts come in.
    That's the one place/scenario that I have no issue firing first.
    Skull Forts are too small for the both of our ships :D and I know too many ways a pirate could be devious and doublecross the other.
    That being said, I'm not entirely against allying at a fort. It can be a great experience! :) However, when I approach a fort, it is my intention to claim any and all treasure within that vault, and anyone else making such a claim needs to flee or sink (or ally up and acquiesce to my demands and allow me to carry away whatever treasures I wish).
    And then it takes some doing for me to change said approach. :D (and then I not only make certain to keep extra awareness of what the other crew(s) may be doing, but I also have to fight my own urges to pull off some double-cross maneuvers myself, as the various schemes run through my mind).

The reasons I don't fire first out on the seas, but do so at Forts, is because I only like mutually-desried PvP. I don't enjoy potentially ruining other pirates' voyages, if they're just minding their own business... but Forts are the one place we can all stick our necks out and engage in mutually consented encounters. I know some may not have agreed upon that rule, but I think it be fair.

As far as exact stratagem in such situations... well, I can't go 'round sharing that level of detail, me fellow pirates. I'm sure ya understand. ;)

• @katttruewalker this is my main strategy... ask @lizalaroo, @Musicmee or @RL-Captain-Nemo from last night!

• @sshteeve Very, very accurate... sometimes this strategy just works!

• There is sadly no more competition for fort for the most part in SOT for a while now i havnt encounter any good fort fight for ages now ...

As it is recently its just free forts left and right

• No such thing as "too contested to enter the fray."

What happens when two ships come to attack or you have to deal with an alliance? Become massively erect and actually enjoy the game until you sink everyone and the server clears out. Give the loot to anyone playing with children at the end.

• @katttruewalker I always say "good players like me dont need a strategy" hahah im too arrogant for planning a strategy.

• @th3xr34p3r said in What’s your fort strategy?:

@katttruewalker Dock up between the main towers of a active fort after getting stocked up from an inactive one to meet minimum battle supplies stock, bring all kegs off the fort to the crows to keep them from being used against us with leaving one or two for any gold waves that show up as needed.

Door Strat for all but the golds to speed through the waves then its load everything on board and head to any outpost along the way.

I always stay on lookout and watch the horizon like a hawk letting the rest of the crew work on the fort so that I can call out when there is a ship on the way to us or any where near even if they are not pointed at us and I keep them updated on its position, if need be my first mate or I will jump down and intercept with a keg long before they get in cannon range of the fort or our ship.

Here is a clip from closer to the launch of the game of Fort Defense in action: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268081869?collection=8gS6d1elJhWb4w

Would you be generous to explain how to approach fort with ship being there already? Drop ANCHOR?

• @bundui said in What’s your fort strategy?:

@th3xr34p3r said in What’s your fort strategy?:

@katttruewalker Dock up between the main towers of a active fort after getting stocked up from an inactive one to meet minimum battle supplies stock, bring all kegs off the fort to the crows to keep them from being used against us with leaving one or two for any gold waves that show up as needed.

Door Strat for all but the golds to speed through the waves then its load everything on board and head to any outpost along the way.

I always stay on lookout and watch the horizon like a hawk letting the rest of the crew work on the fort so that I can call out when there is a ship on the way to us or any where near even if they are not pointed at us and I keep them updated on its position, if need be my first mate or I will jump down and intercept with a keg long before they get in cannon range of the fort or our ship.

Here is a clip from closer to the launch of the game of Fort Defense in action: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268081869?collection=8gS6d1elJhWb4w

Would you be generous to explain how to approach fort with ship being there already? Drop ANCHOR?

You don't ever drop your anchor until you have made sure at least one person has locked down the target ship, I do a few passes until its sunk.

• @th3xr34p3r

You don't ever drop your anchor

Oh really, I guess you don't remember.

• @bundui said in What’s your fort strategy?:

@th3xr34p3r

You don't ever drop your anchor

Oh really, I guess you don't remember.

If you mean the brig that mega kegged us that one time then I do.. my first mate made the mistake then so I do admit about that. Was a reminder for him at least.

For me to it was learning that a proper placed one can actually flip a galleon upside down so boon on that since I wanted to test it at somepoint anyways lol.

Views
44 out of 46