Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2

• @gloog said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Muslims and POC are persecuted far more where I am from. I want to protect them and represent them in SoT.

Cool, and if there was a flag for religious tolerance I'd support that being in the game too.

• @thekitchner It's pretty insulting that you assume anyone who is against this addition to the game is an American. You can't see where people are from in the forum. If anything it shows your hatred of Americans. You also assume that anyone who is against this addition is homophobic. Some people, including myself, do not like this because it is introducing politics into a fantasy game. I get bombarded by political BS all day long, I don't want to deal with it when I escape into a game.

• @thekitchner said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@gloog said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Muslims and POC are persecuted far more where I am from. I want to protect them and represent them in SoT.

Cool, and if there was a flag for religious tolerance I'd support that being in the game too.

So you still don't understand what exactly is controversial about picking and choosing causes? We will never see a religious tolerance flag or a flag to shun systemic racism because gay pride sells better.

You started by saying people have a problem with the rainbow flag. I'm saying they don't.. at all. They have a problem with a video game choosing one cause over another, deeming it more important by default.

• @thekitchner Your constant barrage against Americans is against the Pirate Code.

• @tke800 I agree whole heartedly. This flag forces a political veiw that is not needed in a game.

• I agree. I did NOT want a rainbow flag. And i myself have my own identity and have friends who are gay. Im fine with you being whatever you want but adding a rainbow flag into a pirate game is immersion breaking. "But doc there is a checkered racing flag!" Well unlike this flag that flag was added for a in game reason. People were and are racing each other's ships sometimes in game and it was a great addition for those moments. Not only that but like others have been stating by giving content for one political group your ignoring the countless others. Ill be waiting for my trans flag rare. (Even though i don't actually want it cause it would look hideous in a pirate game.)

• @thekitchner I'm sorry, what? L**o. Assuming every American is like that is disgusting, and a complete joke. If you're trying to defend this Rainbow Flag, or LGBT pride or whatever, you're doing a pathetic, embarrassing job.

• rainbow flag, let's go!

• From a post I made about the topic without knowing it was being posted about.

"Rainbow flag? Wait... what? So you are going to pander to one group and give them specific content? Well, I would like my Lambda flag then please, and a Spartan figurehead, or else you are not including everyone.

If you are focusing on one paradigm for a group of individuals and giving them specific content, why not everyone else? You realize by doing this, the flood gates are going to open? What about other forms of representation?

I hate to say it, but in your good intentions, you have pandered to a single group of people, and made many others feel left out.

In reality, all you did was make any who choose to fly this flag a target.

The path that is wide is paved with good intentions, and many take it.

Also... why has the poor connection around forts, and constant allmond bearding not been addressed? Does anyone read the forums? I have seen multiple posts detailing server issues when in proximity with high amounts of players.

Skeleton Thrones event will just make this more apparent."

• @kl0udsurfin
    Me matey please refrain from using profanities within your posts as it is against the Rules of the Forum. Your posts have been edited to reflect this.

Obscene and Vulgar Language
    Swearing is not permitted on the Forums and a profanity filter is in place to block it. Attempts to bypass the profanity filter will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

• Excited for this patch! Wish I wasn’t going out tomorrow night... late night for me on the cards!!

I read the whole massive thread on the rainbow flag, with a mixture of fascination and disbelief, but chose not to enter the debate. I now wish to just put one thing out there - some flags are about being inclusive, others are about being exclusive, and that’s hopefully enough of a distinction to avoid discussing the need for all specific religions, nationalities and other exclusive groups to have their flags included. Regardless of your personal beliefs, the rainbow flag promotes inclusivity, respect and a live and let live philosophy - those ideas shouldn’t make anyone feel uncomfortable or excluded.

• Has the DOUBLE SNAKE VENOM been fixed? It is not listed under known or fixed issues and if that means that the most obvious bug the game has ever had isn't even being looked at yet then i'm disappointed.

• Are people really getting that bent out of shape over the flag. Use it or don't. It's really not that big of a deal...

And to the "what flag next" I'd be down for adding tons of new flags. I'm not sure why everyone is getting so upset. To each their own I guess.

• @imoutofnames1 Aye, to each their own. That should be the end o' it.

• Just make a flag creator in the game, then everybody can make whatever flag they want and there is no more argument. Heck, let people sell their flag designs to other players for in-game currency.

• @tke800 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Just make a flag creator in the game, then everybody can make whatever flag they want and there is no more argument. Heck, let people sell their flag designs to other players for in-game currency.

I support this product and / or service.

• @marbatico said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@jacqui-o-blades
    The Rainbow flag was added to distract from the fact that we have to work with another crew again, even though plenty of people have already stated that it becomes close to impossible to find another crew to help you after a week or so.

A week? After 2 days, I was hearing from people that they could not find others to do THD with.

• @j3ns3n-xxii its a Miracle!!

• I'm not seeing an update at all. Like not even an option to update. Anyone else?

• The random brigged players has not appeared as fixed or as a known issue, has it been solved or is it still in the process of being solved? Duo sloops are suffering due to this bug.

• @miniacidninja Tomorrow me matey!
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/status

• @imoutofnames1 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Are people really getting that bent out of shape over the flag. Use it or don't. It's really not that big of a deal...

And to the "what flag next" I'd be down for adding tons of new flags. I'm not sure why everyone is getting so upset. To each their own I guess.

I would also like more flags, but choosing to support a cause in a video game draws lines in the sand.

What if in October there is no pink flag? No breast cancer awareness? Rare has set themselves a standard they must meet, otherwise be called out for favoritism.

• @urihamrayne said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

The random brigged players has not appeared as fixed or as a known issue, has it been solved or is it still in the process of being solved? Duo sloops are suffering due to this bug.

You're right! What about that glitch? Any time my crew would get allmond bearded and rejoin, half the time they would get put in the brig. Wouldn't be a problem, except all the allmond bearding was happening at skull forts while in combat with other players.

• @tke800 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Just make a flag creator in the game, then everybody can make whatever flag they want and there is no more argument. Heck, let people sell their flag designs to other players for in-game currency.

Then one will see male and female genitalia being flown, and then there will need to be a moderation system in place for that. I can't even swear of this forum, or say the name of a male chicken.

• @lizalaroo ah . Thank you. I got confused when it said the 13th.

• @aristonsparta said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

@imoutofnames1 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Are people really getting that bent out of shape over the flag. Use it or don't. It's really not that big of a deal...

I would also like more flags, but choosing to support a cause in a video game draws lines in the sand.

What if in October there is no pink flag? No breast cancer awareness? Rare has set themselves a standard they must meet, otherwise be called out for favoritism.

I disagree, people are drawing a line in the sand just to be contrarian in my opinion. In three weeks from now no one will even be talking about this flag nor will people be asking for flags for every event. It's just being complained about for the sake of complaining.

With that said, I'm down for adding a pink flag or whatever flag they want. More (unique because of those dumb reskin items that got removed) options are always welcome.

@aristonsparta said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

I disagree, people are drawing a line in the sand just to be contrarian in my opinion. In three weeks from now no one will even be talking about this flag nor will people be asking for flags for every event. It's just being complained about for the sake of complaining.

With that said, I'm down for adding a pink flag or whatever flag they want. More (unique because of those dumb reskin items that got removed) options are always welcome.

Maybe this is just bringing to light how divided people are on games promoting causes, and shoe-horning causes into a game other further divides people.

@tke800 said in Patch Notes Discussion 1.1.2:

Then one will see male and female genitalia being flown, and then there will need to be a moderation system in place for that. I can't even swear of this forum, or say the name of a male chicken.

You can easily add pre defined shapes and limit the number of layers so you can't make super complex designs. There's ways to make it very difficult.

You can easily add pre defined shapes and limit the number of layers so you can't make super complex designs. There's ways to make it very difficult.

I can make a (Mod edit) on the map with circles. How hard do you think it will be?

Maybe this is just bringing to light how divided people are on games promoting causes, and shoe-horning causes into a game other further divides people.

Maybe, or people just like to complain for the sake of complaining.

• @imoutofnames1
    You are missing the point. This does nothing but bring non pirate flags to the game. It has opened the door to every race, religion, amd nationality all wanting a flag now. Its a pirate game and the flags should represent that. Now we have to be reminded of the real world in a game we came to escape reality. Thanks Rare. Ill be lookin for all the other flags soon, or it could be concidered discrimination by some

I volunteer to moderate flag designs! Sounds like a hilarious job.

You’d be surprised how creative people can be with a set of predefined shapes...

Views
86 out of 367