Crossplay needs to be an option

• As everyone knows, options are good. Like most multiplatform games Sea of thieves needs the option to turn off crossplay. For everyone that didnt know, pc gamers have an advantage. The advantage of higher fps, shorter loading times, more accurate aiming, faster turning and better spatial awareness.

So, if I want to play with friends on pc I can just play the game how it is, but if I want to seriously progress alone or with friends on console, I can choose to turn off crossplay and not be at an disadvantage at any time and thus not be at the mercy of pc players when I dont want to.

I played the game a lot and have had some very depressing encounters, thats why I understand the criticism and the need for this option.

But dont take my word for it, just check the last few minutes of this video and decide for yourself if you can move like that with a controller.

Views
  • seriously dude? stop flooding the forums with the same ole nonsense. Post in the official thread: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57431/mega-thread-play-anywhere-and-cross-play-part-4/316

• Sorry mate. Rare built this game for us to be togeather.
    link text

• @xgodkevin That thread is hard to find and doesnt get the attention this problem needs I think. I know this post is a bit similar to the other one, but deleting or changing that one would be unfair to the people that responded there and I wanted to say what I said in this post.

• @hoppentosse You are free to ignore posts you dont like ;)

• @kuala85
    You have a much better chance for them to listen to you in the mega thread

• @nwo-azcrack said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

Sorry mate. Rare built this game for us to be togeather.
    link text

Im just talking about options

• @kuala85

It's very easy to find, here it is again
    from @xGODKEVIN
    official thread: https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57431/mega-thread-play-anywhere-and-cross-play-part-4/316

please note official, that's where all the action on this topic is.

• @kuala85 this is yet another pointless thread from someone who didnt search the forums for the official megathread rare setup specifically for this topic. Good job.

• @kuala85
    Doesnt matter. They said no already. If you are gonna keep begging, you are better off doin it in the megathread

• Video is poor proof, these people were clearly bad. They anchored and tried to fight, failed multiple boarding attempts, and missed most cannon shots. We could argue sailing on his part made the difference.

• @kuala85

Ahoy mate, we have a mega thread here for discussion and suggestions around crossplay, the reason we have mega threads is so that we can collect all opinions in one easy place for Rare to access, rather than individual threads which get quickly lost in the flow of new posts on the forum.

@HoppenTosse The filter was updated recently and it's a bit wonky still.

We hope you'll feel able to add your voice to this thread here -
    https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57431/mega-thread-play-anywhere-and-cross-play-part-4?page=1

• @nabberwar said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

Video is poor proof, these people were clearly bad. They anchored and tried to fight, failed multiple boarding attempts, and missed most cannon shots. We could argue sailing on his part made the difference.

The video isnt about the other people, its about the way the player turns around, quick 180's, superfast aiming, way more accurate than a controller will let you and a very smooth framerate.

• @katttruewalker

Hey Katt, It seems to me posts in that mega thread dont get any traction, thats why I posted it here. I just really want this game to succeed like we all want here, and this to me and my friends is the biggest problem besides the content(which is being worked on). Thats why I hope to get more attention to this issue.

• @kuala85 said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

@nabberwar said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

Video is poor proof, these people were clearly bad. They anchored and tried to fight, failed multiple boarding attempts, and missed most cannon shots. We could argue sailing on his part made the difference.

The video isnt about the other people, its about the way the player turns around, quick 180's, superfast aiming, way more accurate than a controller will let you and a very smooth framerate.

Look, I'm not saying whether PC controls are better or not, that can be hashed out in the Mega thread. This however, needs to be said, this game was advertised with full Crossplay.

This wasn't some guarded secret. You purchased this game with that knowledge, and now you are upset because it came with the advertised feature. This is the equivalent of buying a cheeseburger and getting upset it came with cheese.

• @nabberwar said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

@kuala85 said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

Look, I'm not saying whether PC controls are better or not, that can be hashed out in the Mega thread. This however, needs to be said, this game was advertised with full Crossplay.

This wasn't some guarded secret. You purchased this game with that knowledge, and now you are upset because it came with the advertised feature. This is the equivalent of buying a cheeseburger and getting upset it came with cheese.

I have been playing this game for almost a year now and I loved it ever since the first trailer with that epic soundtrack. So I was going to buy it even if it had gotten 3/10 reviews. That doesnt mean whoever we can't improve on it. Thats the whole point of this community. If crossplay would be an option, it would still be crossplay for the people that want it or dont care about it. But the ones that do, could turn it off and continue playing the game on an even playingfield instead of stopping out of frustration.

• @kuala85 give it up already man. You have the same old comments the other select few have and its a complete bore.

I have been playing this game for almost a year now and I loved it ever since the first trailer with that epic soundtrack. So I was going to buy it even if it had gotten 3/10 reviews. That doesnt mean whoever we can't improve on it. Thats the whole point of this community. If crossplay wouold be an option, it would still be crossplay for the people that want it or dont care about it. But the ones that do, could turn it off and continue playing the game on an even playingfield, instead of stopping out of frustration.

A lot of what I will say has already been stated on the Megathread. I speak from a PC experience, I have concerns on if that is implemented my experience as well as other PC players will be seriously effected. We lose a serious amount of people to play against, considering we are a minority (Heard somewhere 20ish Percent).

I say this not because I'm worried about loosing an advantage or nonsense like that. I enjoy the game just like you. There is nothing wrong on wanted to improve the game, but a suggestion like this would hurt a percentage of the players pretty hard.

Rare has also seemed set on not splitting the community. If they decide to change later, I paid for a game I wasn't promised.

• What we need is more controller sensitivity for console. Stopping the sensitivity at 10 is asinine. Pc players are running circles around console players before they can even fire/reload or swing the sword to hit them.

• @xfleshcrawlx said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

What we need is more controller sensitivity for console. Stopping the sensitivity at 10 is asinine. Pc players are running circles around console players before they can even fire/reload or swing the sword to hit them.

I agree with the running circles around you part, but higher sensetivity makes being precise from a larger distance more dificult as well, but more options is always better ofcourse.

• https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57431/mega-thread-play-anywhere-and-cross-play-part-4/386

Flagging as SPAM we clearly have a place for this discussion; you know this by now.

• You are more than welcome and encouraged to discuss your options on this matter there.

• Gees, the forum police are out in force tonight..

• Yup, tired of it.

• @the-estler said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57431/mega-thread-play-anywhere-and-cross-play-part-4/386

Flagging as SPAM we clearly have a place for this discussion; you know this by now.

Trying to censor things you dont like wont do much good for the game, and this isnt spam. It just is a problem that deserves a bit more attention than it seems to get. And people like you are the ones spamming these places because you dont like what others have to say. if you have nothing constructive to add, please just go away, nobody forces you to read these topics.

Yup, tired of it.

If you are tired of it, why do you even go to these topics? just go somewhere else.

@the-estler said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/57431/mega-thread-play-anywhere-and-cross-play-part-4/386

Trying to censor things you dont like wont do much good for the game, and this isnt spam. It just is a problem that deserves a bit more attention than it seems to get. And people like you are the ones spamming these places because you dont like what others have to say. if you have nothing constructive to add, please just go away, nobody forces you to read these topics.

Ha ha, I love this game. We are actually on the 4th iteration of a megathread; inviting you to employ your discussion is not censorship. LOL. It is just politeness. I don't mind people presenting their ideas. It is just so tiresome to hear the same ole same ole while you decide not to listen to what you don't want to hear. People complain so much about this game they have forgotten to remember that they actually enjoy it. I have plenty of constructive things to say; one of which is pointing you in the right direction where you may actually be heard. Ignoring the thread because you believe you'll gain more traction on your own isn't going to garner the support you think it will. Sorry.

Yup, tired of it.

If you are tired of it, why do you even go to these topics? just go somewhere else.

Because I enjoy reading and participating in positive feedback and suggestions. In doing so I enjoy learning about the community. In fact, I've learned that you are quite defensive, so much so, that I only invited you to take your discussion to the appropriate thread; and you've decided that I'm somehow trying to censor you.

Yup, tired of it.

Because I enjoy reading and participating in positive feedback and suggestions. In doing so I enjoy learning about the community. In fact, I've learned that you are quite defensive, so much so, that I only invited you to take your discussion to the appropriate thread; and you've decided that I'm somehow trying to censor you.

You flagged my topic as spam and now accuse me of being defensive, thats not very funny.

You are just spamming this topic with useless flutter right now.
    So as I said, if you have noting constructive to add regarding the topic, please just message me personally and dont spam this topic any further.

• Heed the word of your prophet, peasants!

Upon my travels over these lands, I've discovered a word written by our great Khaleesi.

"Global Moderators and Deckhands will be redirecting and locking topics related to the following subjects into their own mega-threads to allow other discussions to be cultivated and not overwhelmed. If you see a topic that should be directed to a mega-thread, let the OP know or flag it and let us know!"

edit:

so I'm just... you know. Letting you know?

Yup, tired of it.

You flagged my topic as spam and now accuse me of being defensive, thats not very funny.

You are just spamming this topic with useless flutter right now.
    So as I said, if you have noting constructive to add regarding the topic, please just message me personally and dont spam this topic any further.

Sure here you go; and this goes for anyone that would like to have a constructive discussion about this issue in an environment that is designed for it:

This is literally the 4th Megathread on this topic; anyone who reads this thread and would like to have a historical context to what @kuala85 is upset about feel free to visit and catch up.

Good luck man, I hope to see you on the seas. In fact if you want you can add me; I play xbox gamer tag is the same here. I'd love to sail with you any day. Cheers.

• Everyday another new post. Amazing

• @kuala85 Im a strong advocate for optional crossplay/much needed balancing, but you are wasting time with these posts. go to the mega, compose a well structured argument, and the only response the PC crowd has is 'My playerbase'
    You could have multiple valid points worthy of discussion, but youll just get 'git gud' and 'playerbase'. A bit sad really...

• @xgodkevin said in Crossplay needs to be an option:

@kuala85 give it up already man. You have the same old comments the other select few have and its a complete bore.

Ignore the posts then m8, coz they won't go away.
    Many, many more are coming to complain about the crossplay issue & it isn't just a vocal select few at all.
    Get used to them coz they'll be plenty more, i'm sure of that!

• @nabberwar
    The game was advertised as having crossplay, nowhere did it say it was forced/mandatory crossplay.
    As all other crossplay games have an option to turn it on/off it was reasonable to assume this would also.
    This is the ONLY game which forces Xbox & PC players together, no other game does this, they all have the option so their players can choose.

Views
16 out of 62