Does That Count As Cheating?

• Greetings
    I have a question. If you have a "gaming mouse" for example, you can set macros. Like: You can set a macro, if you push down one butten, the macro plays through and its like you would press 10x F or R but it need less then a second and that only with one sigle button press. Now here's my question: You can set these kind of macros in your device tool (Logitech Gaming Software, Razer Synapse, Corsair Utility Engine... and so on...). So... Technically its a third party program... Does that count as cheating if you use this kind of macros? I hope you know what I mean ^^ BTW: I'm not doing it! I'm just curious. Maybe a @Deckhands or someone could tell me about that?

Views
  • Depends from the company. If they say it's okay, then it's okay. If not, then not.

My personal principal is that whatever the product itself provides, excluding bugs and exploits, I will utilise. Anything else has the chance to ruin the intended experience and often does. Sometimes some intended legit features ruin the experience too so we really need to hone our perception and stay alert to give proper feedback.

Intention is the frame and fabric.

• why u should press 10 times F or R ?

• @kailmenoke
    Pick up cannonballs / store cannonballs.
    Or 5x for wooden planks and bananas.

• Yes. Playing on PC counts as cheating. ;)

• @rk1-turbulence
    haha xD
    that it is... Is just a feature from my hardware... Its "just" the driver from my hardware... But it is a third party program...

• Having 1 mouse button do 10 clicks upon 1 press plz explain this to me how this is possible lol.... Coming from a guy who plays pc with a gaming setup btw.. This post is bs lol..

• @vderickv said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

Having 1 mouse button do 10 clicks upon 1 press plz explain this to me how this is possible lol.... Coming from a guy who plays pc with a gaming setup btw.. This post is bs lol..

Macros, you can make one click of a button do string of actions. I hope this will be bannable, I play on PC and I hate it, some games do ban you for using macros.

• @dubhaze93 said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

Greetings
    I have a question. If you have a "gaming mouse" for example, you can set macros. Like: You can set a macro, if you push down one butten, the macro plays through and its like you would press 10x F or R but it need less then a second and that only with one sigle button press. Now here's my question: You can set these kind of macros in your device tool (Logitech Gaming Software, Razer Synapse, Corsair Utility Engine... and so on...). So... Technically its a third party program... Does that count as cheating if you use this kind of macros? I hope you know what I mean ^^ BTW: I'm not doing it! I'm just curious. Maybe a @Deckhands or someone could tell me about that?

I hope it will count as cheating.

• @tuukkatl
    Its just one of many advantages of PC. If you take all advantages away, this game will be ruined for PC players. Why should you play on PC when you can't use the advantages of playing on PC? So there is no "really" good reason to count that under cheating or "banable cheating". That would be like: "Hey... PC players MUST play with a controller... Its forbidden to play with mouse & keyboard. Because its unfair against XBOX player". Woudln't make ANY sense :D You know where this is leading to? ^^

• @tuukkatl macros are bannable but yall are talking about making my mouse side click buttons do 10 clicks upon 1 click and that's just not possible without downloading a program so this shouldn't even be a discussion as that in itself would be considered a mod.

@tuukkatl macros are bannable but yall are talking about making my mouse side click buttons do 10 clicks upon 1 click and that's just not possible without downloading a program so this shouldn't even be a discussion as that in itself would be considered a mod.

Yeah, it is not possible without a program.

@tuukkatl
    Its just one of many advantages of PC. If you take all advantages away, this game will be ruined for PC players. Why should you play on PC when you can't use the advantages of playing on PC? So there is no "really" good reason to count that under cheating or "banable cheating".

Because it's an unfair advantage. PC has already enough advantage in form of lightning fast movement, faster aiming, better performance in some places ( like black screen after death, or so I've heard). There is a reason why rust bans for it, and why overwatch bans for it.

I hope everyone using these things will be banned. Not sure if I mentioned it already, but I play on PC.

• @vderickv not at all. i have a Razor naga with 12 additonal buttons on the side of my mouse. If i press #1 and i have that directly tied to a macro that i created through Razor Synapse then that button will press F 10x in X amount of time, i can set it to .001 second between click and pull all 10 cannonballs out in .01 seconds... its a thing. Not a mod, not a troll post. I don't use them because personally remembering to hit a seperate key is just another thing i gotta memorize, but i've seen videos where people macro weapon swaps and shooting.

As you can see here, i made this in about 30 seconds. It hits 2 to pull out my first weapon, shoots it, then immediately pulls out my 3 weapon to shoot that. Easily done without any effort and a .05 delay per action. it breaks the game and shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

• @freecellqt said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@vderickv not at all. i have a Razor naga with 12 additonal buttons on the side of my mouse. If i press #1 and i have that directly tied to a macro that i created through Razor Synapse then that button will press F 10x in X amount of time, i can set it to .001 second between click and pull all 10 cannonballs out in .01 seconds... its a thing. Not a mod, not a troll post. I don't use them because personally remembering to hit a seperate key is just another thing i gotta memorize, but i've seen videos where people macro weapon swaps and shooting.

As you can see here, i made this in about 30 seconds. It hits 2 to pull out my first weapon, shoots it, then immediately pulls out my 3 weapon to shoot that. Easily done without any effort and a .05 delay per action. it breaks the game and shouldn't be allowed in my opinion.

I have also seen the shoot-change weapon-shoot macro in game, i agree it breaks the game and should be bannable offense.

• @tuukkatl said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@dubhaze93 said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@tuukkatl
    Its just one of many advantages of PC. If you take all advantages away, this game will be ruined for PC players. Why should you play on PC when you can't use the advantages of playing on PC? So there is no "really" good reason to count that under cheating or "banable cheating".

Because it's an unfair advantage. PC has already enough advantage in form of lightning fast movement, faster aiming, better performance in some places ( like black screen after death, or so I've heard). There is a reason why rust bans for it, and why overwatch bans for it.

I hope everyone using these things will be banned. Not sure if I mentioned it already, but I play on PC.

Black screen is dependent on your system if you have the xbox one s it's as fast as my pc in the black screen.

@freecellqt said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@vderickv not at all. i have a Razor naga with 12 additonal buttons on the side of my mouse. If i press #1 and i have that directly tied to a macro that i created through Razor Synapse then that button will press F 10x in X amount of time, i can set it to .001 second between click and pull all 10 cannonballs out in .01 seconds... its a thing. Not a mod, not a troll post. I don't use them because personally remembering to hit a seperate key is just another thing i gotta memorize, but i've seen videos where people macro weapon swaps and shooting.

I have also seen the shoot-change weapon-shoot macro in game, i agree it breaks the game and should be bannable offense.

Lol so a person with flint and eye or reach who switches and uses both is game breaking. Bunch of unskilled players in here obv also that's your fault if u use macro or not the game has warned it will ban you so if you have it at your risk of ban. This topic is pointless yall r saying this isnt bannable? It most definitely is!

• Im on a pc, and i cant use the mouse and keyboard. I use a controler. Im only using the pc case a dont have a xbox. I dont realy want to use that stuff. But i realy tink xbox users must have the option to use a mouse and keyboard.

@tuukkatl said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@freecellqt said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

Lol so a person with flint and eye or reach who switches and uses both is game breaking. Bunch of unskilled players in here obv also that's your fault if u use macro or not the game has warned it will ban you so if you have it at your risk of ban. This topic is pointless yall r saying this isnt bannable? It most definitely is!

No, but a person who uses macros to switch between them and using the macro to fire both of them back to back insanely fast is cheating and should be bannable. I am not using these things, and I think they should be bannable offense, did you even read what I said ?

• @dubhaze93 if u use it to go afk its a exploit i guess

• There are xbox controllers with macro support, and there has been game controllers with "turbo" mode (many button presses per second) ever since the Super Nintendo.
    Fair is fair.
    Solution to this would be Rare allowing us to hold down R or F to rapidly store or pickup stuff. Pressing F 10x is boring and painful anyway.

@tuukkatl

..you know they sell modded controllers with macros too, right?

• Tell me something... how WOULD you ban someone using a macro feature that comes standard with the hardware? It's like banning someone with a cross hair reticle drawn on their screen.

• @zalavaaris said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

Tell me something... how WOULD you ban someone using a macro feature that comes standard with the hardware? It's like banning someone with a cross hair reticle drawn on their screen.

Ban everyone with either Razer, Logitech, Steelseries, Corsair, or Coolermaster (probably a few others) Keyboards OR mice, cause they all have access to macros. Some Logitech ones dont even require software.

aaand there goes the entire PC community.

• @sir-rhavi said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@zalavaaris said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

Tell me something... how WOULD you ban someone using a macro feature that comes standard with the hardware? It's like banning someone with a cross hair reticle drawn on their screen.

Ban everyone with either Razer, Logitech, Steelseries, Corsair, or Coolermaster (probably a few others) Keyboards OR mice, cause they all have access to macros. Some Logitech ones dont even require software.

aaand there goes the entire PC community.

Exactly. That will never happen

Greetings

This right here is why Xbox needs a opt out of cross play. I know you pc players don't wanna lose your easy kills, but if you're on an XBox you can't even come close to this. At this point the only real reason to NOT allow the opt out is because of easy kills.

• @themustamissed said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

Greetings

This right here is why Xbox needs a opt out of cross play. I know you pc players don't wanna lose your easy kills, but if you're on an XBox you can't even come close to this. At this point the only real reason to NOT allow the opt out is because of easy kills.

I'm sure there is a thread dedicated to that topic that doesn't hijack this one.

• @themustamissed said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

Greetings

Maybe, but an Xbox is simply a computer in a c****y hardware package and with an OS that is built for the specific hardware, even my phone is simply a PC with weaker components than say my Alienware.

Xbox players are PC players. Their PC simply sucks.

How is that a PC players fault?

I'm not in support of macro use.

And every claim made by an xbox user related to PC's awesomeness is silly. I have plenty of friends who play on c**p-tastic PC's they rely on small 19 inch screens, low end graphic settings, even shoddy internet speeds which create latency issues and "beard" errors. Hell, I can name two friends who simply either won't pvp, because they can't handle the effort, or in one case will not dive below water because it makes them too sick in shipwrecks, or is too dark for them too see.

Just because a "gamer" chooses a cheaper hardware model or gaming platform they aren't special. They simply have different realities of interest/availability/affordability/whatever.

Therefore why should an entire gaming community (in this case the PC gamers) be restricted from playing with cross platform friends? Disallowed to enjoy the company of all the community of players?

Not all PC gamers are twitch happy, macro driven speedsters, with 0.00000001 ms reaction times and the ability to spin 70thousand circles in a nano second.

Just like not all Xbox players suck.

The software should be designed to limit the discrepancy between systems as best as they can.

Beyond that?

Deal with it or upgrade your hardware.

note I play on a PC, but I also play on Xbox, as do others in my house play SoT on Xbox, usually with me as we enjoy the play anywhere feature and cross platform. It's more logical that we'd have one living room TV and Xbox and a few laptops in the house. this allows me to crew entirely in my own home! Removal of this feature that would ruin the game for me. A hell of a lot more than knowing I actually have to deal with the occasional player who can spin faster, or use a macro to quick fire 2 weapons.

• @mrgrim67686 @Sir-Rhavi
    But most xbox players do not own a modded/macro/turbo controller, whereas most PC gamers do own a gaming mouse with macro capabilities.

• @gunnerdk
    Hardly anyone is asking for removal of the crossplay feature, they are asking for an opt in / opt out option.
    Opt in - play as normal, as we are now.
    Opt out - play with only the same players (xbox or pc)

• @LogansDadToo

But most xbox players do not own a modded/macro/turbo controller, whereas most PC gamers do own a gaming mouse with macro capabilities.

Such accurate statistical analysis...

• @super-poopsy
    I always try & be as precise as i possibly can ;)

• @logansdadtoo said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@mrgrim67686 @Sir-Rhavi

1. So you want to penalize us for always making the better choices? hm.

2. the turbo/macro controllers have the microsoft sticker on it, and are accepted as a controller by the Xbox, are you saying people who bought those (they are often cheaper, btw) should be able to be banned? Boy i smell a lawsuit in there somewhere.

• @sir-rhavi my c****y Logitech doesn't have macros...

• @logansdadtoo said in Does That Count As Cheating?:

@gunnerdk
    Hardly anyone is asking for removal of the crossplay feature, they are asking for an opt in / opt out option.
    Opt in - play as normal, as we are now.
    Opt out - play with only the same players (xbox or pc)

I tend to find you an appreciable mind, clever, calm, and respectful. I greatly appreciate that

My response to wit - Slippery slope.

That and despite the truth of your remark in this thread. I think we can both agree that the common thread in all of these posts drives towards the segregation of player bases.

A thing I think in any game is stupid.

Xbox should be able to play with pc regardless of the title.

Pc should be able to play with playstation regardless of the title.

Xbox and PSN users should be able to play with each other.

and PC, Xbox, and PSN subscribers should be able to play together as well.

The only limitation between services should be in my utopia, based on which systems the game is released on.

Sadly, as in any good businesses, customer base is king. And keeping one's customers to themselves is paramount - in order to assure you don't lose them. Thereby, none of these guys want to share their communities with another.

PC gets the liberty because PC is the core community. It's the largest unbiased customer base. Therefore they aren't "contaminated" by PSN or XboxLive and are invited into either camp constantly, in an effort to bring them to one camp or another.

For the gamer? Segregation is silly.

But it is a type of segregation we must learn to cope with.

Microsoft is, in-house, really pushing two major points. Play Anywhere, and Game pass. Therefore, it's only natural, this will not change anytime soon. Pc and Console players will remain in game together. No toggle will likely ever be offered.

If that is an issue, then get ready, because more and more Microsoft titles will be incorporating this in the coming years. It's like Microsoft "Edge", no one likes it, everyone complains about it, but they STILL try to shove it down our throats.

I'm all for balance between systems. I am all for that, really I am. But some concessions must be made. PC will always have "some" advantages based on hardware or even software. The companies can and usually do try to do their best to counter this issue. Cheaters will always cheat.

Views
9 out of 88