Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5

• @adeezlfosheezl Haven't noticed any frame drop.
    Maybe you just f****d up your PC around the same time as .4

• @guybrushcrpwood said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@bola-satanica Might want to check here, I posted a thread about Microsofts feedback on it. https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/55526/family-share-issue-resolved-by-microsoft

Thank you! I will be waiting for their official statment as well.

• @pirate-on-drugs Absolutely not on my end.. i'm not the only one having this issue.. check the thread. Something was tweaked with shadows and/or lighting. What do you put your settings at? I'm even using the 3-20-18 nvidia drivers optimized for this game.

If I put shadows at Rare it's mostly gone, except for thieves haven. Even if I put models/textures/water at mythical, same result. If they changed something it wasn't put into the change log. You'd think if they upped visuals at all it would be mentioned, no? I think a lot of PC players are wondering the same thing. Cheers

• No more flying ship?

I know it was a bug, but it was so funny hahaha.

• Don't know if this is known or if it's sense this last update. The audio is off. Any interactions of changing items is fine but any external interaction of shoveling, sword connecting, animal sounds all seems distant even though it's happening directly beside me. Like the fuzzy effect as if I'm under water.

• @adeezlfosheezl said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@pirate-on-drugs Absolutely not on my end.. i'm not the only one having this issue.. check the thread. Something was tweaked with shadows and/or lighting. What do you put your settings at? I'm still even using the 3-20-18 nvidia drivers optimized for this game.

If I put shadows at Rare it's mostly gone, except for thieves haven. Even if I put models/textures/water at mythical, same result. If they changed something it wasn't put into the change log. You'd think if they upped visuals at all it would be mentioned, no? I think a lot of PC players are wondering the same thing. Cheers

It seems this is a problem brought back from the alpha days. Right before the final scale test came out (which fixed it) there was a vsync issue with the game during the technical alpha/betas. The issue would occur around some tavern fireplaces and some islands, dropping FPS dramatically. The best testing spot I would use was Thieves Haven. Since the final scale test my FPS was a solid 60 fps on all legendary settings. Since patch 1.04 this issue has returned it seems, it's not just on your end for sure.

i7 4790K
    GTX 980

• @mmountain I never had a tutorial.

• @khaleesibot SK does the untrustworthy achievement unlock retroactively since most of us have already done this multiple times?

• @khaleesibot said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

Patch Notes - 1.0.5

#SeaofTease

alt text

There's rumour that a new shipment of clothing, items, weapons and ship customisations are on the horizon and heading for the Sea of Thieves! If you are saving yer coin for a pair of trousers, you might want to keep a weathered eye out for this arriving soon!

Rare has read the Feedback Forums for suggestions and ideas and actually followed through! This image is evidence enough. Just follow the link to the Feedback Forum and compare the section for "Additional Cosmetics" to the teaser image they provided.

https://www.seaofthieves.com/forum/topic/54668/suggestions-for-new-content-game-mechanics-revised-on-04-24-2018/2?page=1

New Player Cosmetics:

• Breastplate Armour - The heavy armor of choice for most sea fairing explorers. Little did folks know just how ineffective it was against musket balls - RIP.
    • Spaniard Helm - Think of what "Juan P***e de Leon" would wear.

Rare you guys are awesome! Thanks for your time and hard work! We appreciate it!

Keep posting your ideas, suggestions, and feedback guys! Obviously, they will look into it!

• @diqitalsoul said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@adeezlfosheezl said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@pirate-on-drugs Absolutely not on my end.. i'm not the only one having this issue.. check the thread. Something was tweaked with shadows and/or lighting. What do you put your settings at? I'm still even using the 3-20-18 nvidia drivers optimized for this game.

It seems this is a problem brought back from the alpha days. Right before the final scale test came out (which fixed it) there was a vsync issue with the game during the technical alpha/betas. The issue would occur around some tavern fireplaces and some islands, dropping FPS dramatically. The best testing spot I would use was Thieves Haven. Since the final scale test my FPS was a solid 60 fps on all legendary settings. Since patch 1.04 this issue has returned it seems, it's not just on your end for sure.

i7 4790K
    GTX 980

I have been having the same issue since 1.0.4 came out. I went to an outpost after reading your post, and tested looking around at night with Vsync on and Vsync off. With Vsync on, my frames would drop down to 30 or 40 when looking certain directions, generally towards large light sources like the fireplace in the inn or the two giant torches at Dagger Tooth. I turned Vsync off, and was able to maintain 60+ frames looking in all directions.

i5 3570k
    GTX 970

• @diqitalsoul thanks for this input, you're probably right as it makes sense. I was only in the 3 betas, but me (1060) and my buddy (580) noticed the significant boost in that final scale test beta compared to the first two. Hopefully this is addressed and formally spoke of by Rare asap, cheers! I get massive tearing without vsync so at the the moment I'll just turn down shadows

• opening the maps radial menu locks you out of everything from the game. you can't move, open any other menus or even use push-to-talk.

edit: temporary fix: https://support.seaofthieves.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360001069048-Radial-UI-menu-stuck-on-screen

you can NOT rebind radial menu to F ever again as the bug will return.

• what are rare playing at ? i.never had a single issue with skellies spawning in rock's but since update it has happened on every island and to top it off im on a 1 man sloop and every time i come into contact with a galleon i get a slide show like the frame rate drop's to 1 until im sunk. I told every person that rare are great and will fix any issues with sot as soon as they are detected like during the alpha,beta and pioneer session's but a month after release still have major issues and the fixes they have are not tested so they create 10 more issues

• @navarita nor will there ever be! This is strictly a pvp game!

• So... respawn times from the Ferry seem to be much higher than they used to be...
    Also encountered a new glitch last night where I was reading the map and then suddenly was transported out of the back of my sloop into the water!

That was... interesting!

• I also randomly had the game crash earlier in the night last night along with a fellow crew member when mermaiding back to our galleon.
    Both just had our game go black and quit to dash.
    Luckily we were quick enough to get back into the crew as there were a couple of Captain's chests waiting to be dropped off!

• @floppsi A military faction is definitely a must! some sort of bounty system would be good fun but I imagine hard to implement server hopping and all...

• @aenima123 still very weak. Islands look really c****y until you are right on top of them. Its a bad stain on an otherwise beautiful game.
    beautiful ships, gorgeous sun, mesmerizing water.... only to bring up your spyglass to look at an island and be teleported back to N64 level graphics!! ugh. MUCH too simplified.

I was showing a friend the game and ACTIVELY avoided looking at an island through the spyglass because I found it embarrassing. Come on guys... please #MakeSOTgreatagain

• Am I missing something? None of the changes were applied. H4 still shows up as closed when showing people, shanty still plays the same song over and over. Seems like the update didn't happen yet, but there's no date or time on this page.

• That happened to me twice the other night!! Thought it was just me lol..

When they are marked as 'Resolved', it means that the report has been logged and sent to the development team.

I work in software for 25 years... you might want to re-think your definition of "resolved".
    What you're referring to here is "Accepted".

• Resolved issue where Gunpowder kegs could spawn outside of player reach.

https://i.imgur.com/CtUUpxO.jpg

(Edit; Incase its not obvious. Not fixed.)

• Question...what's the point of scuttling the ship after they kill you? Your stuff all floats to the service anyway, right? Making it easier for them to find stuff.

• @l0ver0fmys0ul if you scuttle before the boat sinks, some people think your boat doesn't spawn as far away

• @dustlessboot sagte in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@floppsi A military faction is definitely a must! some sort of bounty system would be good fun but I imagine hard to implement server hopping and all...

In my oppinion it's just a matter of finding solutions. You could basically hunt NPC-ships in an bounty mission and in addition players could set a bounty on other players. You can get a voyage for that that will give more money and reputation than the skelleton ship ones. The interesting thing on this is, that new items could be implemented, like stolen royal tea (Yes, new achivement for pirates, Boston tea party achievement, if you manage to destroy confescated tea), or stolen crown gold or sth and you can find it on the NPC-ships you defeated. So you don't sell it like you use to to that with the other factions, you actually confiscate that stuff and bring it to an officer of your Royal alliance, that gives you Rep and money for new titles and items.

I just wouldn't set random generated bounty voyages on players given by the Royal alliance. That'd ruin the game for everyone.

Or you can get a protecting voyage set by other players and the amout of rep and payment is as high as many hits you took on other ships and pirates except the one that set the protection voyage. And that will be for a concrete time like 30 Minutes for one protection voyage.

So let's imagine a crew wants to to a potential future harder version of a skelleton fort and knows they won't manage it alone cause they need every man on the island no one can protect the ship. So they set a protection voyage. Far at the other side of the sea of thieves, a Royal alliance crew takes a protection voyage and gets the name of the ship that needs to be protected (should be visible when on sight in contrast to other ships for the crew in some way) and the meeting place. So now they sail to that point. The ship that needs to be protected is waiting and is visible marked to make a contrast to other ships for the protection crew. They go on the island, your crew protects the ship. Every hit the crew does on an attacking ship or pirate will be multiplied with PPH (Points per hit), a kind of a standard gold amout (Let's say on lowest rank of Seaman in Royal alliance the amout is 1,5) So the crew made 775 hits (Cannons, sabres, pistols). So that means when the 30 minutes are over on the seaman rank voyage, they will get Hits x PPH = Gold, so 775 h x 1,5 PPH = ~1162 G.

*Edit: And they are surely not able to neither hurt the crew nor their ship they are protecting. So no way to get double loot from protecting the ship and sinking it afterwards.

But that are just ideas. The point is, a Navy faction would be a good thing, bring diversity to the gameplay as well as the cosmetics. In case it shall be PvP improving it is just a matter of ideas how and in which way to implement that.

And with that faction there could come along a big island like Port Royal, a social safe zone for players, so actually for everyone, the counterpart to the legendary hideout. You shouldn't be able to sell stuff there, except of Royal alliance voyages, cause that would ruin the pirate experience. But you could get (but not deliver) special voyages there, playing gambeling minigames to win or lose gold and furthermore some experiences like that. The only alliance that could deliver voyages there is the Royal one. A social place, a place to get special stuff, but not a delivery point in safety to avoid getting sunk. Welcome to Port Royal.

See you on the wide sea of thieves, @DustlessBoot

• needs to be a bunch of new ship logos to buy as well. and new colors. but logos that anyone can buy even if its expensive not just stuff for super high levels

• UPDATES

Play the next song! - Players will no longer play the same shanty twice in a row

woooow Amazing updates, show me more pls i need it xD

• @xbluntxrampagex nope. but i think it added a bug where u hear the "turning sail" sound:( -and u dont always hear your own or crewmates instrument after the patch either

• @sshteeve Could be TV Related. I play on a 65 inch and my wife plays on a 40 inch. I see things load up way more quicker, mainly down to the size and the pixels? I do see some rendering issues though.

• @mrtugboat87
    I'm not so sure as I play on an old (8 years) Toshiba HD 32 Inch.
    So that should make things load WAY quicker! :)

I also sometimes play on my PC monitor as well which is only 17!

• @MrTugBoat87 @Sshteeve You two just caused some hardcore PC user to spontaneously combust ;)

• I would argue that most, if not all, of these "updates" should have been handled before releasing the game.

• @dunvar said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@diqitalsoul said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

@adeezlfosheezl said in Patch Notes Discussion - 1.0.5:

i7 4790K
    GTX 980

I have been having the same issue since 1.0.4 came out. I went to an outpost after reading your post, and tested looking around at night with Vsync on and Vsync off. With Vsync on, my frames would drop down to 30 or 40 when looking certain directions, generally towards large light sources like the fireplace in the inn or the two giant torches at Dagger Tooth. I turned Vsync off, and was able to maintain 60+ frames looking in all directions.

i5 3570k
    GTX 970

Yep. Just going to add my voice to this as it's still an issue in 1.05.

Before 1.04, I was able to keep a stable performance with Vsync on (playing on a 60hz TV at 1080p). Graphics all set to Legendary. Very occasional framedrops around fires but nothing terrible.

Since 1.04, I've had frame stuttering at the same settings and it's most severe on islands with a lot of foliage. Turning shadows and lighting down to Rare helped but only slightly.

Turning off Vsync and locking to 60fps has helped a lot but I still have to keep shadows and lighting at Rare. Even then it doesn't match the smoothness and playability of the game before 1.04. This is perhaps because when the Vsync was working, it helped mitigate frame pacing issues. Without the 60fps lock, my system is able to hit 90-100fps but I have the lock in to minimise tearing on my TV.

Specs:
    Ryzen 7 1700x
    Asus Dual GTX1060 6GB

• @khaleesibot Still Sea of chicken farmers, not coming back :)

Views
181 out of 209