Cosmetics/Weapons

• I've also been wanting this for a long time. Also, the majority of the unreleased skins appear to be recolours of existing skins. Now I'm no developer, but I assume reimplementing a skin with different colours wouldn't be difficult at all. In addition, I have absolutely no idea why they don't add all these concepts regardless of whether they look good or not because it's a pirate game, and anything can look good on a pirate.

• This game's handling of cosmetics has always perplexed me tbh. There are soooo many cosmetics that are already in game (as seen in trailers) that they refuse to release, and when they do, it's via an absuuuurd dripfeed.

Prime example, the Wild Rose clothing set: the hat and jacket were released in October of 2019, with the rest of the clothing (sans a shirt, of course) being released in June 2020. 8 months to release a set, which has undoubtedly been complete for months, if not years (leaks prove this); likely along with it's own recolor variants, as also seen in trailers.

Also, it's been 317 days since the clothing store has received any new clothes, they might as well not even be in the game at this point.

Don't remind me of how they butchered the gold curse, there were so many ways they could've handled it better q.q

• @verbalhat260014 To be quite honest they put out a lot of free content and I would be more than willing to pay money/ancient coins for the stuff mentioned in this post (from the gold scorpion eye patch, the extra shores of gold curses, sails/figureheads, and so on) if they went the Pirate Emporium route.

• @voshell I wouldn't mind purchasing them through the pirate emporium either as long as they were added. They add tons of cosmetics to the emporium at least once a month...they could have this completed within a month and make money off of it...

• As unfortunate as it is to state but Rare have been this way with SoT since it's inception and I see very little to suggest this will change any time soon.

Promotional and Concept art is exactly that to them and as such has reflected what is actually in game very poorly at times. Even more so for those that dig deeper into it than the casual player.

• @ixxolos What perplexes me about the promotional/concept art though is half of the items shown made it's way into the game regardless. I am very persistent though and like I said I was informed that they always monitor these post/forums and I want to hear a straight answer and an exceptional explanation from a Rare dev before I give up

• C'mon Rare; don't tease us with all this and not expect it to be not wanted in game! Your letting yourselves down by putting it off!

• @voshell Your letting us down as well!

• Here is another face bandage option we should have

alt text

• Rare I know this is a little off topic of the forum but regarding the new updates and upcoming neglect of the arena you should at least add a brigantine option for arena before completely moving on.

• @voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Rare I know this is a little off topic of the forum but regarding the new updates and upcoming neglect of the arena you should at least add a brigantine option for arena before completely moving on.

Brigantine skeleton ships as well. (as long as brigantine is being mentioned though off topic)

Here is another face bandage option we should have

alt text

I would love this as an option to a costume. They could just label the tab "Masks" including all the face bandage options and possible the mysterious stranger mask....that would be pretty sweet

C'mon Rare; don't tease us with all this and not expect it to be not wanted in game! Your letting yourselves down by putting it off!

Maybe a lot of the original developer team is no longer working with the company and all the new Devs have never seen the original concepts before....

• I am glad SoT has reached 1000 days! I should be receiving the "Gold M" eye-patch next week! Rare, I know all to well that you can create eye-patches on a whim so where is the Mercenary Gold Scorpion eye-patch? The Gold Hoarders eye-patch? And the black legendary eye-patch that the female mysterious stranger used to wear? C'mon Rare! Get on it!

alt text

alt text

I am glad SoT has reached 1000 days! I should be receiving the "Gold M" eye-patch next week! Rare, I know all to well that you can create eye-patches on a whim so where is the Mercenary Gold Scorpion eye-patch? The Gold Hoarders eye-patch? And the black legendary eye-patch that the female mysterious stranger used to wear? C'mon Rare! Get on it!

alt text

alt text

alt text

I agree. Rare lets have it! As Voshell said I am thrilled that Sea of Thieves has reached a thousand days but I would have preferred these eyepatches to the M eyepatch you just released!!! Why not add the ones that are being asked for as opposed to just a random one? You won't be admitting your wrong by listening! Everything mentioned in this post so far is worth the work to be added. Just add it to the emporium as noted above if you feel it is not cost effective as you may consider it the past and are just looking toward the future. I would purchase them as would a lot of people. In turn adding all these items would keep people playing/interested going forward as well.

• I am going to go off topic just slightly but it involves cosmetics as well as a new content idea. Lets get a tall tale that contains Spinal from Killer Instinct as a Skeleton Lord in SoT pertaining to his story/background!

alt text

It could involve his Galleon/Ship that was used as a stage in the first two games and you have find him on the open seas and sink him to continue the tall tale; it would more or less be a special/rare equivalent to a current Skeleton Galleon. You then would have to sail to a new island "Shipwreck Shore" from KI (2013) "The shores were to be the final resting place of countless vessels that were victims to Spinal and his pursuit across seven seas to regain of some artifact of power. The cove is a graveyard of souls and broken hulls that have accumulated over the years and a new home for the Kraken."

You would need go through a guaranteed Kraken encounter to gain access to the shores of the island and then finally the boss fight with Spinal himself!

Powers & Abilities

Spinal is a skilled swordsman, seeming to have retained all of his finesse with a sword & shield from his past life. While he does wield weaponry, he also possesses strange, magical abilities, such as teleportation and manipulation of ghostly skulls (equal damage/variations to what a ghost fleet can fire) and skeletal arms that appear from the ground (dealing equal damage to a unarmed skeleton swiping at you for 1 - 3 hits). He can also absorb projectiles/bullets into his shield, then convert them into his own fiery attacks.

The cosmetics unlocked for completing the tall tale could be "Spinals Cutlass", "Spinals Headband", and possibly and updated version of the previous figurehead or a re-release.

alt text

alt text

I am going to go off topic just slightly but it involves cosmetics as well as a new content idea. Lets get a tall tale that pertains to Spinal as a Skeleton Lord in SoT from Killer Instinct and his story/background!

alt text

It could involve his Galleon/Ship that was used as a stage in the first two games and you have find him on the open seas and sink him to continue the tall tale; it would more or less be a special/rare equivalent to a current Skeleton Galleon. You then would have to sail to a new island "Shipwreck Shore" from KI (2013) "The shores were to be the final resting place of countless vessels that were victims to Spinal and his pursuit across seven seas to regain of some artifact of power. The cove is a graveyard of souls and broken hulls that have accumulated over the years and a new home for the Kraken."

You would need go through a guaranteed Kraken encounter to gain access to the shores of the island and then finally the boss fight with Spinal himself!

alt text

alt text

Powers & Abilities

Spinal is a skilled swordsman, seeming to have retained all of his finesse with a sword & shield from his past life. While he does wield weaponry, he also possesses strange, magical abilities, such as teleportation and manipulation of ghostly skulls (equal damage/variations to what a ghost fleet can fire) and arms (equal damage to a unarmed skeleton swiping at you for 1 - 3 hits). He can also absorb projectiles into his shield, then convert them into his own fiery attacks.

The cosmetics unlocked for completing the tall tale could be "Spinals Cutlass", "Spinals Headband", and possibly and updated version of the previous figurehead or a re-release.

alt text

As a Spinal fan, yes please!

• @galactic-geek As both games are from Rare I am actually astonished they have not done this crossover yet; it's just too perfect a match with SoT having Skeleton Lords/Pirates and Spinal being a past pirate/current skeleton. They gave him a figurehead they might as well go all the way and give us this collaboration through a tall tale!

• Another subtle Rare pirate theme they could implement is the the outfit pieces of Kaptain K. Rool from DK 2. He has a hat, a jacket, and a belt!

alt text

They could also give us the blunderbuss with an unusually large barrel or somehow give us a cannon cosmetic that resembles the blunderbuss as it typically shoots cannons; or even better, both!

alt text

• @voshell I would also love to see the Kremling Krew Jolly Roger that is on his hat as an in game Sail & Flag

alt text

2nd variation

alt text

• @galactic-geek said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@voshell said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

I am going to go off topic just slightly but it involves cosmetics as well as a new content idea. Lets get a tall tale that pertains to Spinal as a Skeleton Lord in SoT from Killer Instinct and his story/background!

alt text

alt text

alt text

Powers & Abilities

Spinal is a skilled swordsman, seeming to have retained all of his finesse with a sword & shield from his past life. While he does wield weaponry, he also possesses strange, magical abilities, such as teleportation and manipulation of ghostly skulls (equal damage/variations to what a ghost fleet can fire) and arms (equal damage to a unarmed skeleton swiping at you for 1 - 3 hits). He can also absorb projectiles into his shield, then convert them into his own fiery attacks.

alt text

As a Spinal fan, yes please!

This is one of the coolest ideas I have ever seen without question. Let all the Spinal fans speak up and lend your voice on this one!

• @voshell I'm down for this

alt text

alt text

alt text

Powers & Abilities

alt text

I meant I'm down for this!

Another subtle Rare pirate theme they could implement is the the outfit pieces of Kaptain K. Rool from DK 2. He has a hat, a jacket, and a belt!

alt text

They could also give us the blunderbuss with an unusually large barrel or somehow give us a cannon cosmetic that resembles the blunderbuss as it typically shoots cannons; or even better, both!

alt text

Another awesome outfit & cosmetic idea

Another subtle Rare pirate theme they could implement is the the outfit pieces of Kaptain K. Rool from DK 2. He has a hat, a jacket, and a belt!

alt text

alt text

This pirate jacket is sick! Everything else is pretty cool yet though. The blunderbuss would be pretty close to the sailor skin but it still look more fancy and the barrel would definitely distinguish from the sailor blunderbuss. But that jacket though!

• @ornerysundew54 Yeah, I would definitely be rocking that jacket

• This is another in-game hair/beard style they need to add that they probably already have the model for. I am loving this top knot and FuManchu beard.

alt text

• And of course Briggy's Jacket & Belt. Definitely one of the cooler jackets in game.

alt text

This is another in-game hair/beard style they need to add that they probably already have the model for. I am loving this top knot and FuManchu beard.

alt text

With the recent release of the "Eastern Winds Jade Set" the above hair/beard style would fit right in with the below concepts from their artbook shown.

alt text

• Another sword model. Almost machete looking but still unique from the Bilge Rat swords that are similar.

alt text

• @miffednote201 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Even down to the nationality/oriental type clothing and hair/beard styles they have in the art-book is outrageously cool. I also saw tons of NPC looking characters smoking pipes which they definitely need to add!!

pipes would change the rating of this game so they won't add it now

• @closinghare208 If you can get drunk I don't see why pipe smoking would change the rating; it makes sense but the fact that drinking is already acceptable it would blow my mind if pipe smoking crossed the line for Rare lol

• @closinghare208 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

@miffednote201 said in Cosmetics/Weapons:

Even down to the nationality/oriental type clothing and hair/beard styles they have in the art-book is outrageously cool. I also saw tons of NPC looking characters smoking pipes which they definitely need to add!!

pipes would change the rating of this game so they won't add it now

I think teenagers could handle some pipe smoking emotes or brief pipe use!

alt text

• That womens hair on the fourth pic in the original post (the top third one from the left) looks so good.

Views
66 out of 1359