Does anyone know how long between treasure vault uses?

• I have a key but can't use it because it says that the vault is "in use" we see no other ships around so we were wondering how long the time is between uses?

Views
  • @timeylives said in Does anyone know how long between treasure vault uses?:

I have a key but can't use it because it says that the vault is "in use" we see no other ships around so we were wondering how long the time is between uses?

If it's in use by another person doing a vault voyage, then you should be able to run down and see that it is open. It will then be usable as soon as it closes (2-3 minutes).

However, it is likely that your vault was in use by someone doing a Tall Tale because some of the vaults are used in both. (Were you doing the Crooks Hollow vault?) In this case it will be "in use" until they are finished with it, which could be a while depending on whether they know what they are doing.

You will probably want to go do something else for a while.

• @little-squash said in Does anyone know how long between treasure vault uses?:

@timeylives said in Does anyone know how long between treasure vault uses?:

I have a key but can't use it because it says that the vault is "in use" we see no other ships around so we were wondering how long the time is between uses?

If it's in use by another person doing a vault voyage, then you should be able to run down and see that it is open. It will then be usable as soon as it closes (2-3 minutes).

However, it is likely that your vault was in use by someone doing a Tall Tale because some of the vaults are used in both. (Were you doing the Crooks Hollow vault?) In this case it will be "in use" until they are finished with it, which could be a while depending on whether they know what they are doing.

You will probably want to go do something else for a while.

Haha... That's what you get when you re-use previous content. It never happened to me so far luckily. I would get pretty annoyed, hehe.

• @handsh0t
    Yeah, I'm not sure why they felt the need to reuse some of the vaults. I don't know why they wouldn't just make other vaults.

• Only had a vault key already in place at crooks hollow. Not sure if it was a vault key or a tall tales key. The cave face was closed so i guess a crew had been and gone recently. Sailed away then back 10mins later and the key had gone. Also I had a gold key for this vault and it didn't register for the 1of3 achievement.

• Thank you all for taking the time to answer. Turned out just after my crewmate laeft (right as I posted this) I went back and it as available :)

• nvm it got answered

• Where do I purchase a vault voyage (wayfinder voyage)? I'm level 55 or something.
    It says the gold hoarders sell them but I cant find them in their store. Once I bought one from Larinna but that's it.

• @eddie-koleno

The gold hoarder holds 2 type of voyages at the moment.
    It can hand out / sell u 3 at a time. If u are unlucky all 3 will be NO wayfinder voyage. U either have to go to another outpost or wait 1 in-game day for a refresh on the voyages.

If u are unlucky u got to repeat.

• @weakdexx
    Oh, didnt know that. And do they have different names so I could tell one from another?

• @eddie-koleno

Aye 1 is the Wayfinder (with the vault) the other is the X-marks the spot + riddles. It should show when u talk to gold hoarder. The images of the voyages should be diffrent from eachother. The Wayfinders look like the one u bought from larinna.

• Thx! That actually helped lot.

Views
1 out of 12