Why you should add private worlds

• @entspeak said in Why you should add private worlds:

@ninjalight0401 said in Why you should add private worlds:

Me and my friend were doing fort of the damned we spend about 2 hours on it just so that some group that loves pvp just came and stole all the time we put into that raid and lost all the progress I love the game but I just don't want to play it when my loot can just be taken

Your time wasn’t stolen - you still had the experience, you just didn’t keep the loot. You lost no progress because you made none. Progress is made by turning in the loot. You love the game, but you just don’t want to play it. Umm... okay?

Fort of the Damned is intended to attract PvP encounters. The cloud in the sky that you activated isn’t there just to be pretty. It is there to inform other players that someone is doing the fort... to draw them in.

Any event is intended to attract attention. If the original poster and others also feel that their time is wasted then it is. You seem to be PVP focused. Instead of doing PVP how about mixing it up with the occasional "Let me help you out, so you can complete an event." Let's form an alliance and share the wealth.

PVPers are their own worse enemy. I'm starting to see a trend of PVPers complaining about how they aren't finding loot on a ship they just sunk, or that people cut and run and don't want to PVP. As another poster said elsewhere, SoT caters to both PVP and PVE. It's those that focus solely on PVP or out for PVP more times then not. PVP is not everybody's play style. It certainly isn't mine.

• @virtuous-opha said in Why you should add private worlds:

@entspeak said in Why you should add private worlds:

Me and my friend were doing fort of the damned we spend about 2 hours on it just so that some group that loves pvp just came and stole all the time we put into that raid and lost all the progress I love the game but I just don't want to play it when my loot can just be taken

Your time wasn’t stolen - you still had the experience, you just didn’t keep the loot. You lost no progress because you made none. Progress is made by turning in the loot. You love the game, but you just don’t want to play it. Umm... okay?

Fort of the Damned is intended to attract PvP encounters. The cloud in the sky that you activated isn’t there just to be pretty. It is there to inform other players that someone is doing the fort... to draw them in.

Any event is intended to attract attention. If the original poster and others also feel that their time is wasted then it is. You seem to be PVP focused. Instead of doing PVP how about mixing it up with the occasional "Let me help you out, so you can complete an event." Let's form an alliance and share the wealth.

PVPers are their own worse enemy. I'm starting to see a trend of PVPers complaining about how they aren't finding loot on a ship they just sunk, or that people cut and run and don't want to PVP. As another poster said elsewhere, SoT caters to both PVP and PVE. It's those that focus solely on PVP or out for PVP more times then not. PVP is not everybody's play style. It certainly isn't mine.

Wow. That’s a pretty big, baseless assumption right there. Simply pointing out that forts are PvP events makes me “PvP focused?” Anybody who knows my history in these forums would beg to differ with you there. I’m a PvPvE player. I have always maintained that anyone who focuses solely on PvP or PvE is missing the point of the game and will likely be disappointed. Such an individual is the OP.

Forts are designed to be points for PvP. The Fort of the Damned doubly so. It’s got high value loot and Reaper Chests, for chrissakes. Me, I’ve done the FotD once in the retail game. And I’ve stolen the loot from it once in the retail game. Frankly, I don’t have much interest in it and miss Old Boot.

Yes, the OP can feel that his time was wasted; but, he can’t claim that it was stolen. Nobody is owed a PvP-free FotD. That’s not why it’s there. In fact, nobody is owed a PvP-free experience in this game. That’s not what the game is about.

• @ninjalight0401 said in Why you should add private worlds:

https://i.gyazo.com/54192882b831ae78a8b159564c3917ce.png

https://i.gyazo.com/f6392b92d919fa8f5788569930010c88.png

https://i.gyazo.com/48e5c4e87f25b18d2489ce49d0186285.png

https://i.gyazo.com/cd083885f1dc0b52cdd3d1c61f6feb84.png

I think, perhaps, the point of this game is stealing... :P

Stealing IS the game, you were warned when you read the game's name.

• @entspeak said in Why you should add private worlds:

@virtuous-opha said in Why you should add private worlds:

Wow. That’s a pretty big, baseless assumption right there. Simply pointing out that forts are PvP events makes me “PvP focused?” Anybody who knows my history in these forums would beg to differ with you there. I’m a PvPvE player. I have always maintained that anyone who focuses solely on PvP or PvE is missing the point of the game and will likely be disappointed. Such an individual is the OP.

Forts are designed to be points for PvP. The Fort of the Damned doubly so. It’s got high value loot and Reaper Chests, for chrissakes. Me, I’ve done the FotD once in the retail game. And I’ve stolen the loot from it once in the retail game. Frankly, I don’t have much interest in it and miss Old Boot.

Yes, the OP can feel that his time was wasted; but, he can’t claim that it was stolen. Nobody is owed a PvP-free FotD. That’s not why it’s there. In fact, nobody is owed a PvP-free experience in this game. That’s not what the game is about.

Some of us want to have a sense of accomplishment. Playing Sea of Thieves is like watching a TV station in Los Angeles. Another high-speed chase, another this, another that. And oh look, just one attaboy story.

As for the other things, my appologies for the apparent slight to your sensabilities.

• @virtuous-opha said in Why you should add private worlds:

@virtuous-opha said in Why you should add private worlds:

Some of us want to have a sense of accomplishment. Playing Sea of Thieves is like watching a TV station in Los Angeles. Another high-speed chase, another this, another that. And oh look, just one attaboy story.

As for the other things, my appologies for the apparent slight to your sensabilities.

Methinks you like to project.

Want to have a sense of accomplishment in an event designed to draw PvP? Win the PvP. Turn in the loot. That’s the game.

• @itz-majman
    Thats where I have a problem man. The PvP thing is literally only like 10 percent of them game. Theres a whole other 90 percent of the game people do like to play. Private servers wouldnt hurt anyone and it shouldnt be such a huge issue. For some reason it makes people red hot angry to think that players that dont want to be bothered can choose not to be.

• @marsmayflower said in Why you should add private worlds:

@inboundbomb said in Why you should add private worlds:

@marsmayflower It would depend on how the server is set up and all the variables that are included in such a server. I can come up with several ways myself but it would depend on those variables that I mentioned earlier.

I'm talking about how you can get a pink light, right now, without dying to another crew.

Fix your game, rare.

I am too. I was unaware that there was a glitch to get it without another crew though.

• @jusey16842 said in Why you should add private worlds:

...I think the big problem that most PvE only players has is getting sunk and killed when they have literally nothing... That's not being a pirate since there is no stealing to be involved. That's just wasting your time and the person you are attacking own time.

There is no way to know what the player has on his ship without entering it, and many times we don't even know it. The best way to find out is to sink them, some experienced players manage to hide what is most valuable so that it is not simple to find just searching.

• I really wanna stress that it's the last of my concerns the fact that you are able to see my progression in the game, i wouldn't mind a completely solo character or to play in a different universe just to be able to play a couple calm sessions. If you guys were so sure about the game being good to play only in PVPVE then you wouldn't mind at all something like this and you would be sure that people would be bored in a couple sessions AND jump into the pvpve experience, but nay because reasons, yea

• @qu1etone said in Why you should add private worlds:

@jjblackhat without pve there would be no reason to pvp. No pve no loot. Take out pve and there is no game. Take out pvp there is still a game to be played.

A hollowed out shell of a game maybe... The PvE of this game alone does not constitute a full game. Let's be honest. It's easy, it's repetitive. The best thing about it is that it looks pretty and piratey. Tall Tales have a good amount of depth though.

The PvE in this game does not have a leg to stand on without the possibility and risk of PvP.

• @ninjalight0401 "Add private server so we can get the high tier loot, which is meant to be high tier only because of its PvP risks, without having risks."

???

• The Fort of the Damned should never take you 2 hours lol. You can solo that thing if you know what you are doing in probably like 15-20 minutes.

• @ninjalight0401 You got served...

Learn the lesson and expect it next time. Or... go find someone doing the mega fort and sink them, kill them off and take the loot for yourselves.

It's better to give than receive.

• @capn-mcquacken

Private servers that you can host yourself would give you the option to grind like crazy without risking anything, obivously that's an issue.

• @ninjalight0401

Do not do cloud events if you do not want to be contested, cloud events are beacons for player interaction and if you want players to not intervene with your activity do not do one that is told to everyone where the fun is to be had.

Additionally if it takes you two hours to clear a fort, you have to improve in your PvE game, as I solo have cleared them without issues in that time.

This is a shared world, learn to be the pirate you want to be. It has very little to do with the others, you should keep an eye on the horizon to choose how you will respond.

I am sorry to say, but you have a lot to learn about the seas. The seas are not required to adjust to you. If you want tips just ask, many will gladly answer.

• @juan-823 no threat? i solo sloop. and guarantee if im not getting ganked by a bigger ship full of people with nothing else to do I am getting tag teamed by a skully ship and a meg or a kracken. Even if you took the pvp out of it the game has no problem trying to nonstop sink your ship.

• So the pvp'ers solution is for the pve'ers to just not do the content that they keep adding to the game if they do not want it to get stolen. do they not read what they type? I am all for a pve only server. they said if they closed crossplay it would kill the game. and what did they find out? 95% of people didnt opt out of crossplay. I can only play for a little bit at a time before i get frustrated at not being able to complete anything because of people with nothing else to do and nothing to lose. and the people doing the content are getting screwed because they are doing the content!

• It's not your loot until you cash it in. Just because you found it and you put it on you ship doesn't give you "ownership". You never have any rights of "possession". Only the benefits of the sale.

Unless you sell, you have nothing.

• This is the biggest crux of the issue that drives me batty.

so many players on here kick and scream about the possibility of a PvE mode for people who want to be left alone...
    clearly you enjoy the adventure mode, and that's great... but why does someone else having a mode for them to play somehow negate your enjoyment?
    you have your cake, is someone else not allowed to have theirs too?

are you afraid that if all the PvE players go into a PvE mode you'll only be left with other PvP players and you'll have to work harder for your kills?

• @inboundbomb yea, a glitch exists

• I still don't understand all this "private servers"... They come from new players or seasoned??

I doubt from seasoned because they know to well what I am about to say:
    The game is pvpe and by all means it gives a solo sloper the same way chance to success as a 4 man galleon.

I do solo sloop alot when my crew is not online, I learn how to run and avoid fight until they get tired, I learn how yo hide behind and island... Learn how to play solo instead of asking the game to change in your favour!!
    Where is the challenge?? Pirate game with no pirate, no challenges non fun...

I do really hope rare will never give you the chance to only pve, that is the day where maybe i will leave the sea...

• @chronodusk in 'your'opinion SoT would be a hollow game without pvp. And for you, and others like you it would be. But that is not the opinion of those who are asking for pve only. They know how they would like to play the game. And it does not involve the threat of other players. Pvp is ruining 'their' enjoyment. The emergent npc threat's are all the trouble they need. For most pve players the sight of a pvp hungry crew coming for them signals end game. They want to enjoy the world. Relax. Why is it so hard for pvp players to understand their opinion? I know this isn't the intended design of the game. I'm not the one asking for it to be changed. But I can see the argument from pve players who just want to enjoy the beautiful world Rare have created.

• @qu1etone

The world can easily be enjoyed as it currently is, it's not like you see ships every 30 seconds. I've gone entire sessions never seeing another ship. Seeing other players really is not frequent enough to spoil "relaxation."

They can (and eventually will) add private servers, but only if there is no gold, reputation, or commendations to be earned. They need to prevent the player base from being divided by playstyles, so removing gold and rep from Private Servers is the only way to make sure players have good reasons to play in the main PvEvP shared public world.

This way you can sail around and stare at the ocean and the sky if you want without being bothered.

• I agree the open world pvp has become too much in this game! it really takes from the game

• @bugaboo-bill right that works until the alliance decides they want to sink you and take it all themselves. while i appreciate the idea. when you put pen to paper it just doesn't work. most people who play online games do so to have fun. unfortunately the majority of peoples fun is backed by an interesting sadistic side that wants to acts silly as all get out, then imitate their favorite youtuber. wholesome PVP is dead or dieing in games. and because of this an overwhelming amount surveys and interviews shows that about 66% of all players prefer to play alone. this rising about 20 % from 2010. its estimated this is only going to get worse to.

• @chronodusk i disagree with this. it really depends on the luck of the draw. yesterday i played with my sister. we switched 3 servers in a row because each time we had people stroll up to us at an island and blast our ship with no loot in it. there might be certain times of the week that might be less populated than others, but in general this game as it is is ment for you to watch your back.

• @sweltering-nick sorry mate, but that phrase is way to over used. i think what the guy is desiring is PVE stealing not PVP stealing ;). despite what most might think there is plenty of stealing in the game that doesn't involve other players.

• @jusey1z Yeah pve needs massive improvements.

• @roastme4176 said in Why you should add private worlds:

@sweltering-nick sorry mate, but that phrase is way to over used. i think what the guy is desiring is PVE stealing not PVP stealing ;). despite what most might think there is plenty of stealing in the game that doesn't involve other players.

I wonder why it's overused...

Can it possibly be because it's relevant, and people like OP keeps ignoring it for no logical reason? Hence why people continually try to remind people like that, that the name is there, for a reason?

Pirates make no distinction between their targets, they steal from whomever they wish as they see fit... They don't care if you're an NPC or a real player. :P

Stealing IS the game, deal with it.

• @sweltering-nick haha don't get all huffy about it, overused is over used.

you can state it all you want. but maybe... you know... just... maybe... the issue goes beyond that phrase and that is why people still keep talking about it? (“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.” Einstein)

but hey, keep using it I am sure people listen to it eventually.

• @roastme4176 said in Why you should add private worlds:

“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results.”

You mean like posting threads after threads asking for PVE servers and for the devs to change the core of their game for a minority who simply don't grasp the spirit of the game? Einstein's definition is quite accurate indeed.

• @chronodusk said in Why you should add private worlds:

@qu1etone
    The world can easily be enjoyed as it currently is, it's not like you see ships every 30 seconds. I've gone entire sessions never seeing another ship. Seeing other players really is not frequent enough to spoil "relaxation."

Which is why I still play the game but when you have a cancer infection, even if it is very very small... You want it removed or treated. The former is usually impossible, so the latter needs to be done.

And no, I don't consider all PvP players to be cancer. Just a specific section of them.

• Well this saddens me that I missed the start of this party!🎉

No to private servers.

• @jusey1z said in Why you should add private worlds:

@chronodusk said in Why you should add private worlds:

@qu1etone

Which is why I still play the game but when you have a cancer infection, even if it is very very small... You want it removed or treated. The former is usually impossible, so the latter needs to be done.

And no, I don't consider all PvP players to be cancer. Just a specific section of them.

That's one hell of an analogy to use for a game, especially one where PvP is a core part of the experience.

This is the main thing I don't get about the anti-PvP or Private Server advocating around here... The game is designed specifically for player interaction of all kinds, friendly and hostile so nobody's really in a position to ask for a version or mode of the game where limitations are imposed on this.

That's simply not what the game is, and it was never marketed as "PvE without disturbances" so asking for a PvE server or a private server with full progression is really like going to an Apple orchard looking for Oranges.

• @virtuous-opha

Any event is intended to attract attention. If the original poster and others also feel that their time is wasted then it is.

Some of us want to have a sense of accomplishment.

I think that this is the big difference between the PvP crowd and those who solely PvE, the PvE'ers see it as time wasted when the PvP crowd finds it time well spent. You and others have made this mistake of hinging fun on success, that will only leave to disappointment every time you fail. Why set yourself up for disappointment?

I can speak for only myself, but regardless of whether I sink or not, I still have fun. I don't hinge fun with success. It seems silly to me that we will have all these posts moaning about time wasted, was it truly wasted? Did you not enjoy the comradrie with your crew? Was it not fun decipher maps/riddles to lead to the treasure? I enjoy the intensity of a fight, the feeling of cooperating as a team when fighting, does this all magically go away if I lose and sink? No, I had fun then, that doesn't magically take it away. It boggles my mind that the minute people who hinge fun and succession together sink, its like suddenly, all that fun just didn't happen. All this comes off as is a sore loser mentality.

Views
99 out of 115