Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment

• @pabio-escobar said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

Notice how PC players are complaining about not enough people to match make in arena now? Why is that I wonder? Because they want to fight Xbox players who are an easier target. It’s not rocket science.

PC players : we don't want optional crossplay because it will kill the PC community and we won't have people to play with, we are not enough PC players to fill lobbies
    Xbox player: you have plenty of players Rare said so
    Rare adds crossplay preference
    PC players: We don't have enough people to play anymore
    Xbox players: because you all left...

what?

this goes to show that Xbox players don't care what happens with the PC community as long as they have enough people to play with.

@sweltering-nick said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@glannigan

You see, PC players usually don't chill... at all... PC chairs, even gaming chairs, are designed to be comfortable, but they don't allow your body to enter couch-potato mode, you are always focused, and always stressed, which is why i would encourage you to tell your kids to take regular breaks.

Everything about this is wrong

@inboundbomb said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

So when I purchased the game at launch I thought it was an Xbox only game. Xbox buy a game they don't always look to see if it is cross platform.

That seems like a "you" problem, not a "me" problem.

@inboundbomb said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

the Xbox isn't a computer so we don't affiliate players being from another platform playing with us.

1. yes it is
    2. that's the most closed-minded comment on this thread so far
  • @zormis said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@spartanmatt0x My advice is to get a keyboard and mouse, then when you get destroyed blame it on 30FPS. Then go buy a PC, then when you further get destroyed blame it on hackers.

That's what I did.

1. get keyboard/mouse and then blame it on 30fps
    2. buy a mid-range PC, and then blame it on Lag
    3. Upgrade to a high-end PC, then blame it on hackers
    4. Become the hacker, then blame Rare for banning you unfairly.
    5. Go work for Rare and change the game to fit your needs, then complain that you got laid off because the game went downhill after your proposed changed...

that's what i did :P

(/satire)

• @glannigan

Regardless of the platform you are on, a ladder is a bottleneck that is easily defended. Any player on any platform can be overwhelmed by a full crew collapsing at the same time. Team work, an organized crew tops any individual skill gap or equipment.

It just sounds like you are just chilling and not bothering paying attention, doing the basics and working as a team. Don't expect to win battles if you cannot even prevent a single pirate from boarding you with 4 people and then go test all your individual skills in one on one battles with the assailant. These are aspects of the game that aren't restricted to the platform you use.

I am fairly sure there are enough hardcore xbox players that wipe you out just as easily. This is more of a mentality difference than a platform related story you are preaching. A PvP bloodthirsty pirate vs the chill relax Voyager.

• @squaz05 said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@pabio-escobar said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

Notice how PC players are complaining about not enough people to match make in arena now? Why is that I wonder? Because they want to fight Xbox players who are an easier target. It’s not rocket science.

PC players : we don't want optional crossplay because it will kill the PC community and we won't have people to play with, we are not enough PC players to fill lobbies
    Xbox player: you have plenty of players Rare said so
    Rare adds crossplay preference
    PC players: We don't have enough people to play anymore
    Xbox players: because you all left...

what?

this goes to show that Xbox players don't care what happens with the PC community as long as they have enough people to play with.

@sweltering-nick said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@glannigan

You see, PC players usually don't chill... at all... PC chairs, even gaming chairs, are designed to be comfortable, but they don't allow your body to enter couch-potato mode, you are always focused, and always stressed, which is why i would encourage you to tell your kids to take regular breaks.

Everything about this is wrong

So when I purchased the game at launch I thought it was an Xbox only game. Xbox buy a game they don't always look to see if it is cross platform.

That seems like a "you" problem, not a "me" problem.

the Xbox isn't a computer so we don't affiliate players being from another platform playing with us.

1. yes it is
    2. that's the most closed-minded comment on this thread so far

1- So you buy Xbox games to play against computer players and you search every game you buy to see that it happens? Good for you. Out of gaming for 38 years plus this is my first interaction with such a game that was Crossplay on Xbox. I must've missed all those other titles out there.
    2- It's a console entertainment system to me. Not a computer to do my work. Not close minded but a classification of what hardware limitations that it has and what it was designed for.

• @inboundbomb said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

1- So you buy Xbox games to play against computer players and you search every game you buy to see that it happens? Good for you. Out of gaming for 38 years plus this is my first interaction with such a game that was Crossplay on Xbox. I must've missed all those other titles out there.
    2- It's a console entertainment system to me. Not a computer to do my work. Not close minded but a classification of what hardware limitations that it has and what it was designed for.

1. well i don't own a console, but crossplay is fairly new feature in the gaming industry, only a handful of games have it. So you might want to start looking at the games you buy to see if they have optional crossplay or universal crossplay.
      here is a preliminary list of all the xbox games that have crossplay with PC
      Ark: Survival Evolved
      Astroneer
      Crackdown 3
      Deep Rock Galactic
      Fable Fortune
      Final Fantasy XV
      Forza Horizon 3
      Forza Horizon 4
      Forza Motorsport 7
      Full Metal Furies
      Gears 5
      Gears of War 4
      Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
      Halo Wars 2
      Killer Instinct
      Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
      Minecraft: Bedrock Edition
      Minetest
      Phantasy Star Online 2
      Phantom Dust
      Pinball FX3
      Riptide GP Renegade
      Roblox
      Sea of Thieves
      Siegecraft Commander
      Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
      Spacelords
      State of Decay 2
      Super Dungeon Bros
      Surviv.io
      Wargroove
      Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

2. My PC is a console entertainment system, not a computer to do my work,
      My gaming PC has the same classification of hardware limitations of the xbox1x, i play it with a xbox1 elite controller, and about 50% of the time on my couch in front of my 55inch TV. according to your logic, my computer isn't a computer.... seems legit.

• @squaz05 Thank you for the list of games. I hadn't realized that they are trying to do this and I will keep an eye out in the future. As for the legitimacy of my comment about computers you can still do more with your computer as a work platform than what we can on the xbox without jailbreaking the system and risk having the console blocked and locked out never to be able to be used again.

• @pabio-escobar said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

Sure go ahead “ pound “ away.

With pleasure
    Framerate? i have a beast pc and im mostly on 30 FPS and i have a gooood pc so youre wrong, and yes some people have more FPS but its just make your game stable thats it not more then that.

Our "aiming" yes we call it raising sensitivity it takes time to get used to it but thats what we do and guess what you can do that too with your controller dont want to? then enjoy getting wrecked.
    And most battles are in tiny places no one will pull on you 360 no scope so dont treat the game like its CSGO Call of Pirates, all you need to do is to hit the other person no headshots and no quickscopes, every player have the same chance to win some are better some are not.

Keyboard keys yes this one is funny like you need to go through thousand menus to grab something and we do in a click of a buttom let me tell you a secret im a great player but in almost every battle i accidentally pull out a bucket or a shovel and i didnt even meant to press on that i use the menu its easier but many times i missclick on something in the heat of a battle.

Loading screens ill make this one quick for you SSD card we dont get it with our computers we buy it and if you have a problem get one and if you dont want to play extra then try to remember that for the price of your xbox it would give me a pc that wont even run Sea of Thieves so dont complain.

Double Gunning is something that can be pulled with a controller too and its something im not happy about in general but its not exclusive for pc every cheap player who wants to use that cheap glitch can pull it off.

Hacking yeah this one is funny the number of hackers was sooo tiny and long gone many updates ago but some people call others hackers just because they were better then them and just for the record more console players got banned for toxic beheviour then pc player who hacked, easy math its roughly 75% ill even be generous and say 70% XBOX players and 30% PC players the amount of hackers was VERY small and the devs have confirmed that so its very safe to say that more xbox players got banned (not saying xbox are bad people but for those who acuse us for being "mean and bad" enjoy the facts)

IN GENERAL its would be our safe word pc players are more open into roleplay we have larger amount of games for that and only recently its slowly heading to console games, so pc players have a bigger library of games IN GENERAL so we are more open to roleplay other then kill on sight and most of us have mics its part of pc gaming culture and we can type and in general we are more mature in age because gaming pc is really expensive so its most likely that parents will buy a console for their kids for christmas so in general more pc players are more mature in age and less toxic from age perspective nothing else so if you are one of the people who claim that pc players are aggressive then you make fun out of yourself.

Xbox players have better control on cannons which is fine by me im not going to sit with my knees bent and roll back and forth while crying and beg RARE to stop it.

Field of view XD this one never gets old

• @cotu42 said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@glannigan

Regardless of the platform you are on, a ladder is a bottleneck that is easily defended. Any player on any platform can be overwhelmed by a full crew collapsing at the same time. Team work, an organized crew tops any individual skill gap or equipment.

It just sounds like you are just chilling and not bothering paying attention, doing the basics and working as a team. Don't expect to win battles if you cannot even prevent a single pirate from boarding you with 4 people and then go test all your individual skills in one on one battles with the assailant. These are aspects of the game that aren't restricted to the platform you use.

I am fairly sure there are enough hardcore xbox players that wipe you out just as easily. This is more of a mentality difference than a platform related story you are preaching. A PvP bloodthirsty pirate vs the chill relax Voyager.

This right here

• @faceyourdemon
    Wow, you really feel like you have to justify yourself.
    Sadly most of what you say is the usual tripe that comes from PC players mouths.

Xbox players ask for optional crossplay and get slated by people like you. PC players are the ones saying no, there is no advantage, it makes no difference. You don’t hear PC players asking for the optional cross play and Xbox players saying the opposite? Why do you think that is? Why is it that almost daily there are multiple threads like this from Xbox players? Is it because every Xbox player is trash? No, it’s because we are sick of being disadvantaged. PC players don’t care because it’s just easier for them, why would they kick up a fuss.
    The one and only reason PC players don’t want optional cross play is because then they will be on an even playing field and won’t be able to use it as an advantage.

• @sweltering-nick said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@d-jaguar said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@sweltering-nick spawn camping is unsportsmanlike behavior. Call it what it is. If there is nothing left to take, why not just sink the ship? Instead they kill players as they spawn in for nothing. New players should report them and move on.

If they stay on my ship, I like to view it the opposite way, they are allowing me to waste their time. I like to waste as much of their time as possible.

It's not unsportsmanlike behaviour, they're outplaying you... And instead of scuttling, like you are supposed to, you keep trying to win and failing, and then complain on the forums about it? Matey, the only one with unsportsmanlike behaviour here is you, and your refusal to admit a loss.

Here's my counter-ask, why not just scuttle your ship and move on with your life?

Why do you feel a vindictive need to "waste their time"? You're only wasting your own time, you're wasting time being angry, for losing.

Sea of Thieves Community Code of Conduct:

• "Be a good sport. Sea of Thieves is a pirate game, and stealth, stealing and battles are all part of the fun. All pirates on the seas accept that, but be a good sportsman in both victory and loss."

They are battling, it's not against this rule about sportsmanship, so the only one breaking the rule here, is you. : /
    It is not your business to judge pirates on their methods, yes they could probably sink you, but they, for whatever reason, aren't doing that... This is simply something you have to accept, end of story.

Though, i will give you an idea of why making people scuttle is tactically sound... It keeps you from using resources to sink people, saves cannonballs for when they are absolutely necessary. This is a perfectly valid reason to spawn camp people until they scuttle, regardless of how YOU feel about it.

I think you are misreading everything I write, but that's the thing with perception.
    I do not get on the forums and complain about things. I respond to others and give them a suggestion so they can get on with their day.

That I keep them there entertains me as I view they cannot get to others. Sorry if it's you whose time I am wasting, but I got time to kill and no where to go. A loss is only a view point. When you make them waste their own time by their own choices, that's a win. If loot meant something maybe it would be worth fighting over. If all I have to do is keep doing something over and over again, that's persistence. If they find it annoying, why do they keep doing it? After a year, there is nothing worth fighting over. I don't need loot. Besting another with a different strategy sounds great to me. The best is when you sneak out of your own ship and hide on their own watching them search my ship.
    Btw, Rope a dope is a great technique. Let them pound on you and get bored. Then you get the upper hand. There is no penalty to dying so might as well use it as an advantage.

As for reporting, a sporting behavior would be to let them log in and try to fight. Bullies are bullies. We know others load in slow, why not give them a chance to at least pull out a weapon and fight?

Sorry if you read my post as complaining. I am just here to help other sailors.

I found an entertaining way to enjoy a game. May not be your way. It's just my way of policing the seas. They can always sail away if they tire of the persistent booger that won't stop.

See you on the seas as we got something new to do.

The one and only reason PC players don’t want optional cross play is because then they will be on an even playing field and won’t be able to use it as an advantage.

Whatever excuse helps you sleep at night bucko 👍

• @d-jaguar to be honest with you, it's people like you who make people like me want to give up. It's like there is no room here for adventure, if YOU feel like messing with a boat for no reason, you will. Regardless of what that boat is doing. Sink boats to stop them from completing quest sucks. There are other games to play, but I guess there will always be people like you. You dont care. Your going to do what you want, regardless of others, because it's a pirate game. It's your right to be a pest to other boats. I get you.

• @sweltering-nick said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@glannigan

But what were dealing with (Xbox Players) is equivalent to you on a custom built pc with 3k in parts and us on Commodore 64’s getting cyber bullied 😭 !!!

I actually own one of those, and i will say a commodore 64 is legit awesome, moreso than modern PC's. :D

The racing games on a commodore 64, is harder than any game on any modern PC, by LEAPS AND BOUNDS, they are freaking brutal dude! xD

Commodore players are absolutely the more skilled players in that analogy, lol. :P

I love the game but I have no intention of getting scoliosis and sweaty just so I win.

Unless you have ehler's danlos syndrome, weak body tissue (of varying forms), PC gaming is not going to give you scholeosis, bro... And if you do, you're gonna get scholeosis anyway, from age. :P

Total myth. :P

And you ain't gonna sweat, that would imply PC gaming is exercise, lol. xD

,8,1 bro! People think the Internet was a late 90’s thing. I was running website in 1986! The currency was Blocks! You uploaded 640 “Blocks” you can down load 640 blocks!

It truly was the digital golden age of Piracy 🏴‍☠️

My website was actually called
    The “Pirates Cavern” and you would load into something that looked like Thieves Haven 😬

• @marsmayflower said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@cotu42 said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

@glannigan

This right here

Just so we’re all clear! I have NEVER DUG UP A TREASURE CHEST! I have never solved a riddle! I’ve never transported a chicken or anything for that matter!

I’ve never done an Athena’s and I’ve been a pirate legend and I’ve dobe it all through PVP.

Ship to ship PVP is fine. But let’s not sit here and pretend the Player Vs Player PVP is.

Like I said i have PC’s. I have xboxes. There all in my house. 2 XBoX ones 3 Ps4’s And 3 power rigs, he’ll 8 XBoX 360’s, 2 Swithces , 8 Pro Controllers. multiples of just about every gaming system you can name.

Personally I don’t care but to act like there ain’t a difference in performance is ignorant.

Op is right. dude on a PC (a good one) in a Sloop can wipe the floor of a really “Good” Xbox Galleon Crew.

It is what it is and like I’ve always said...

Better get your arss kicked on a sea full of ships than sail empty seas!

I don’t mind dying and getting cyber bullied. I play for the lols but let’s not disrespect OP’s point cause he’s right!

• @squaz05 said in Please add true optional crossplay. I can't enjoy the game at the moment:

1. well i don't own a console, but crossplay is fairly new feature in the gaming industry, only a handful of games have it. So you might want to start looking at the games you buy to see if they have optional crossplay or universal crossplay.
      here is a preliminary list of all the xbox games that have crossplay with PC
      Ark: Survival Evolved
      Astroneer
      Crackdown 3
      Deep Rock Galactic
      Fable Fortune
      Final Fantasy XV
      Forza Horizon 3
      Forza Horizon 4
      Forza Motorsport 7
      Full Metal Furies
      Gears 5
      Gears of War 4
      Gwent: The Witcher Card Game
      Halo Wars 2
      Killer Instinct
      Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020)
      Minecraft: Bedrock Edition
      Minetest
      Phantasy Star Online 2
      Phantom Dust
      Pinball FX3
      Riptide GP Renegade
      Roblox
      Sea of Thieves
      Siegecraft Commander
      Sniper Elite V2 Remastered
      Spacelords
      State of Decay 2
      Super Dungeon Bros
      Surviv.io
      Wargroove
      Zoo Tycoon: Ultimate Animal Collection

2. My PC is a console entertainment system, not a computer to do my work,
      My gaming PC has the same classification of hardware limitations of the xbox1x, i play it with a xbox1 elite controller, and about 50% of the time on my couch in front of my 55inch TV. according to your logic, my computer isn't a computer.... seems legit.

Woah! Phantasy Star Online is on Cross Play & Game Pass?

Man I haven’t played that sheet in forever! Loved it on Dream Cast! Time
    To reboot WAR2D2!

• I’ve been called a lot
    Of things in my life.... and hell most of them were probably true...

But that “Voyager” comment. Man that really bothered me!!!!

• @pabio-escobar

Wait, I'm on PC? I support crossplay, and argue against the opt-out, and I play on XBox. Where's my consolation prize of a 6000 dollar gaming PC with undetectable advantages and hacks?

• @spartanmatt0x you just admitted to being bad? why is that not the underlying reason why you get stomped? how do you know your not getting stomped by xbox players because you are "generally bad" we really don't need your post and im not saying that because i don't think you don't have the right to discuss this but im saying this because we literally dont need 1000000000 of these posts everyday i still think people and myself included should just ignore these posts i really think you made this post to troll

• @pabio-escobar how do you know? what possibly makes you think this is the case? i guess you speak for all the pc players and all of them think the same pc "input assumption" pc "input assumption here aswell" so you think you also know every people's platforms magically like woosh thats a pc player i feel it in the force but alright the more assumptions you pull out the less sense you make but i'll make an assumption aswell i bet if you get crossplay and still get stomped this will come out "pc players have hacked into our lobbies we got crossplay but we are still getting stomped and i know its because pc player have hacked into our lobbies because we all know pc players are all hackers just because they play on pc" because thats all you people complain about pc i wonder what you'll do with later gen xbox consoles or xbox with K&M better split them like moses split the red sea

• also guys i've come up with a game its called guess how many crossplay posts we'll see tomorrow who ever guesses the right number at exactly 12 at night gets fame and a cookie

• @squaz05 most xbox players do not want to play with pc's and should not have to. It seems like it's a you issue mr. We dont have enough pc players to play with. You are correct, I do not care about the pc community , I do not play on pc. Why should we care about "your" community size?? Get an xbox. If enough of us keep complaining, Rare will have to listen. It's all about the money, and you said it, the money is on the xbox numbers. If I wanted to play with pc players, I would open my lap top, but I'm an xbox player since day 1. Sorry, not sorry?? Ya, it kinda fits here.
    Also, do you see that it's the pc players getting over excited about xbox not wanting to play?? How we are trash players...get it? So why play with us trash xbox players you can just"stomp" in cross play? Just stop.
    There should be a way for ALL of us pirates to sail the seas.

• It it did not make a difference, they would not have added cross play option to the arena. It matters and PC players are quick to jump on threads like this to cry and whine about console players crying and whining. If it did not hit a nerve they would not get so emotional about it.

Relax. More options are better.

• @violet-oddsauce and i do not care about your community and you should get a pc instead why should we care about what you want? and if enough pc players complain they'll have to listen right? sorry? not sorry ya it kinda fits here too haha everything you said can be said to you aswell we can all point names and name fingers as a legendary pirate said which ever way you preffer it

• @sirspooneth this post contradicts some said few xbox players who also complain and are quick to post bites at pc players just as pc players bite xbox players we are EQUALLY guilty of everything you named in your post do not pin it on one community thank you ^^

• @jollyolsteamed Plenty of complaining on both sides. Not arguing the point. Just saying that on threads like this where PC players think someone is taking something away from them, it get's worse from the PC players.

Yes, go to another thread and it will be the other way around. There is a lot of that on the forums. You are welcome. ^^

• @sirspooneth xbox trash talks pc and pc trash talks xbox its a vicious cycle but honestly dont know why the mods haven't locked these threads as if rare aren't aware of the issue i don't even think we need to discuss this issue anymore its most likely on their to do list

• @pabio-escobar And the is where you are completely wrong most xbox players dont have a problem with crossplay its just few salty players who comes here to try to change the world to their little paws, i dont have any problem with xbox players i have problem with people like you.
    And as i said pc do have advantages but they are so minor the all the fuss around it is so pointless zero respect to pc players dont forget what platform creators are using unless you want me to include mixer streamers with 10 viewers XD
    They have brought many people to this game so keep trashing on us you but youve got nothing.
    act like a grown up and stop blaming others for losing.

• @jollyolsteamed I'm not complaining about not having enough people to play with if cross play opt out is implemented. So why would you care about the xbox players?? If we want to opt out, we should be able to. Why does it matter to YOU so much then? Get an xbox, I dont want to play on pc. Soon I'm hoping not to have to play with them either, unless I want to. You have the same option at that point, opt out of cross playing trash xbox players. So tired of pc players calling xbox players trash.
    Have a better day tomorrow.

• @faceyourdemon not true. Way wrong. Lol you are the wrongest of all that is wrong. If it was just a few salty trash players.....this would not be an issue now would it. Please stop. We need to be able to opt out of cross play if we want. You do whatever you want.

• Agreed, adventure opt out will be great, just like arena opt out was great.

@NeedSmokes looking forward to the video. Hope you are ready for some serious salt and debunking though😋

• @violet-oddsauce firstly i can say i dont want to play on xbox so why dont you get a pc so it wouldn't affect you secondly im tired of xbox players making it seem like some minor advantages is ruining the game when infact its people like you who ruin it by tearing a gap in the community im so tired of xbox players assuming left and right that pc players get their egos up by killing xbox players its people like you who go "damn i died i bet it was a pc player because why else would i die" im tired of xbox players like you spamming these forums with the same verse and same lines over and over pc trash talks xbox as much as xbox trash talks pc don't be hypocritical xbox players are just as harsh as pc players and don't think just because your on xbox everyone should craddle to your demands as if pc doesn't exist but i want you to answer this what will you do with next gen xbox consoles or xbox players with an sdd or xbox players using mouse and keyboard or god forbid next gen xbox consoles who use sdd and a keyboard and mouse you going to cry "unfair" here aswell no matter how much you try there will always be advantages and disadvantages you can turn and flip and reverse whatever there always will be

• @jollyolsteamed really??? You are so worked up because A: You can't force us (I say us because you know there are so many of us xbox players) to play on pc.
    B: you cant make US want to play with you. Given the option most xbox players would opt out of playing with pc players. Why are you so upset? Get over it. We want cross play opt out and will keep pushing for it. Just like arena.

• @violet-oddsauce what will you do with xbox players using sdd or mouse and keyboard or next gen consoles or all 3 togheter they'll have an advantage im going to guess your not going to respond to this because you realize even with opt out from pc the supposedly issues "you" are having will still be clear as day or is it suddenly okay for xbox players to have mouse and keyboard and perform as a pc player just because they are xbox players

• @violet-oddsauce Trust me no one wants to play with you and youre wrong most xbox dont even think about "those pc players have advantages over me" they would say that its cool to be able to meet people from other consoles.
    Ive met many cool people, half of my crew are playing on Xbox and we became great friends and talking about life and want to meet up.
    And that is only because of this awsome feature CROSSPLAY.
    So dont include others in your horrible opinion luckily you are the minority in this debate most people dont have a problem with crossplay and thinks its amazing.

• @faceyourdemon not true. Again this would not be an issue if so many xbox players did not want this. It's the way it is. Use all the words you want. I dont care if you want to play with me or not. Soon I'll be able to NOT play with pc players.

Views
feedback
81 out of 182