[Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.

• @inboundbomb that is the only way crossplay has been fine thats why its ok on some games and not others.

• @bloodybil

1. You are saying about labels for PC and XBOX players, but the main point is not this. No matter how players are comunicating with each other in any case Support can be informed about toxic behaviour or so.

2. It is so interesting when PC player are ready to answer how Xbox player feel himself in this game. Do not make loud statements about what you do not know for sure.

3. Tell me please about Twitch Rivals if you know a lot. Why during two days I have been watching how only PC players playing into Arena? Coinsedence? I don't think so.

4. You wrote: "melee (or guns) are one fraction of the gameplay. Where is the advantage when sailing ships, aiming canons, keeping watch of incoming ships?"
      You are trying to devide a gameplay to sailing, keeping watch of incoming ships, fighting. In game menu there is NO option to just to take leisure cruise just sailing. In Adventure mode you are always ready to face pirats and meele fight ends battle. Am I right? It is not sailing simulator.

5. It is obviously that SoT needs Crossplay opt out. This topic is the most popular on forum.
      Do you agree with me that Crossplay opt out is necessary?

• @venvip1983

Tell me please about Twitch Rivals if you know a lot. Why during two days I have been watching how only PC players playing into Arena? Coinsedence? I don't think so.

Well duh, it isn't a coincidence, its Twitch. A platform of mostly Pc Streamers. With specifically inviting PC Twitch Streamers. You asking why all those Pc players were there, is the equivalent of asking why there is so much cheese at the cheese store. The cheese was already there to begin with. Who would of guessed Pc players would be on the Pc Streaming service?

• @venvip1983 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil

1. You are saying about labels for PC and XBOX players, but the main point is not this. No matter how players are comunicating with each other in any case Support can be informed about toxic behaviour or so.

Cool, so you agree that "I've noticed increased toxicity from [community]" is a non-argument concerning crossplay.

1. It is so interesting when PC player are ready to answer how Xbox player feel himself in this game. Do not make loud statements about what you do not know for sure.

I am not talking on behalf of the entire PC community, neither are you for the xbox one. I simply mentioned that some xbox players don't see things your way, as probably not every PC ones see mine.

1. Tell me please about Twitch Rivals if you know a lot. Why during two days I have been watching how only PC players playing into Arena? Coinsedence? I don't think so.

I think @Nabberwar's explanation is pretty accurate, Twitch is mostly a PC stream platform so it makes sense most players are on PC.

1. You wrote: "melee (or guns) are one fraction of the gameplay. Where is the advantage when sailing ships, aiming canons, keeping watch of incoming ships?"
      You are trying to devide a gameplay to sailing, keeping watch of incoming ships, fighting. In game menu there is NO option to just to take leisure cruise just sailing. In Adventure mode you are always ready to face pirats and meele fight ends battle. Am I right? It is not sailing simulator.

So ship to ship combat and maneuvers play no role at all in this game? Guess I've played it wrong all along. Is it easier to bomb a ship on PC than xbox? Is canon aiming better with a M+K than a controller? Not really.

1. It is obviously that SoT needs Crossplay opt out. This topic is the most popular on forum.

That's a heated topic indeed, with people arguing on both sides and repeating the same statements over and over. If we trimmed it down to the bare arguments without bickering, it probably would be the same size as any other thread.

Do you agree with me that Crossplay opt out is necessary?

In arena yes. In adventure? Not really. Most stories (like yours) are always about being outnumbered. Being ambushed by 2-3-4 players when you are alone won't change if they are all xbox, PC or mixed. You are at a disadvantage nonetheless.

@racmop said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

1 gears 5 will be available on steam day one why is this game not available now to build the PC community to a larger number
    And why is there nobody talking about this.

This. I can guarantee you that if Rare introduces as many PC players as xbox ones that will potentially leave the pool, crossplay won't be an issue for anyone. If 100k xbox players leave and 200k pc players replace them, we will help you guys pack your bags and even hold the door for you.

Maybe that's the solution, if PC players make as much of a fuss to expand the playerbase as Xbox did for crossplay, maybe we can get this thing going yeah?

• @bloodybil

Adventure needs opt out 1000 times more than a throw away junk mode like the arena where 24 minutes is all that is at stake. Unlike adventure where you can sink hours of gameplay in, have a fully stocked ship, Athena chests, fish, loot, quest items, etc etc, and then have to suffer the injustice of crossplay suddenly. And it is a huge injustice to Xbox players.

I can't wait to tick that box and get back to being able to enjoy the game the way it was designed to be enjoyed.

• @needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil

Adventure needs opt out 1000 times more than a throw away junk mode like the arena where 24 minutes is all that is at stake. Unlike adventure where you can sink hours of gameplay in, have a fully stocked ship, Athena chests, fish, loot, quest items, etc etc, and then have to suffer the injustice of crossplay suddenly. And it is a huge injustice to Xbox players.

Nope. Arena is supposed to have crews on equal foot, adventure is not. How exactly is it more fair to be attacked 4v1 by 4 xbox players than 4 pc players? How is it more just? Do tell.

Besides, if you are careful, play smart and sell often, you don't lose hours of gameplay. "But muh tall Tales-" Once you know the puzzles, it doesn't take hours to do them.

I can't wait to tick that box and get back to being able to enjoy the game the way it was designed to be enjoyed.

We know dear, we know.

• @needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil

If I had that much loot after hours & hours I'd just cash in more often my friend.

• Welcome to the Sea of Thieves, the second saltiest place in the world, second only to It’s community members. 🤣😂🤣😂

• @troubled-cells

Don't care if I am beaten fairly for any of it. But we're not!

All this will soon be behind us though, and the game will once again be worth playing.

Until then, enjoying many other games. Making the most of my game pass subscription.

• @bloodybil said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil

Nope. Arena is supposed to have crews on equal foot, adventure is not. How exactly is it more fair to be attacked 4v1 by 4 xbox players than 4 pc players? How is it more just? Do tell.

Besides, if you are careful, play smart and sell often, you don't lose hours of gameplay. "But muh tall Tales-" Once you know the puzzles, it doesn't take hours to do them.

We know dear, we know.

Sorry to break this to you, but it's coming. And I can't see many Xbox users choosing to remain in the crossplay pool once they get a taste of a game working as it should in the opt out servers..

I hope they make good sales on Steam when introduced for the PC players otherwise the only thing they'll be encountering on the seas is tumbleweeds rolling across the oceans.

@bloodybil said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@needsmokes said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil

We know dear, we know.

Sorry to break this to you, but it's coming. And I can't see many Xbox users choosing to remain in the crossplay pool once they get a taste of a game working as it should in the opt out servers..

You're not breaking anything to anyone, I've said many times over many pages that I accept Rare's decision despite not agreeing with it. I know it's coming and I don't expect the decision to be reversed no matter how much arguing is done. Doesn't mean I can't point out the over-dramatization you guys are making out of this ordeal with the injustice and the suffering and the struggle and the strife you martyrs are living every minute of every session.

I hope they make good sales on Steam when introduced for the PC players otherwise the only thing they'll be encountering on the seas is tumbleweeds rolling across the oceans.

So do I, not only for our continuing fun, but also for the fact that if a whole side of the playerbase dissapears, it's not gonna get better on your side of the fence when Rare/Microsoft decides that the game is not worth being worked on any longer due to stagnating sales and number of players shrinking. You don't keep a game afloat selling pets.

• @bloodybil
    As I understood from your words:

"Doesn't mean I can't point out the over-dramatization you guys are making out of this ordeal with the injustice and the suffering and the struggle and the strife you martyrs are living every minute of every session."

You don't respect XBOX players, because you are know everything. But it means nothing. At least don't say in your posts that you respect all palyers or XBOX players. Ok?

All we need is Crossplay opt out in Arena and Adventure.
    And it will come true one day, all your statements about how we should play mean nothing, because it is hard to understand XBOX player while playing on PC. That is it. Curtain call...

P.C. you can continue your battle with us but you know that Rare will fix their errors about Crossplay. We just trying to keep this theme actual. And there is nothing personal, if you understand.

• @venvip1983 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil
    As I understood from your words:

Not quite.

"Doesn't mean I can't point out the over-dramatization you guys are making out of this ordeal with the injustice and the suffering and the struggle and the strife you martyrs are living every minute of every session."

You don't respect XBOX players, because you are know everything. But it means nothing. At least don't say in your posts that you respect all palyers or XBOX players. Ok?

I do have more respect for all players who don't feel the need to blow out of proportion small gameplay discrepancies and make it a huge insurmountable deal, or use the actions of a few streamers and a few individuals as a way to discriminate and isolate a whole side of the community.

There are xbox players who can remain civil despite wanting the opt out, and others who feel the need to consistently spit on pc players and try to split communities as much as possible. Those I respect less, I grant you that.

All we need is Crossplay opt out in Arena and Adventure.
    And it will come true one day, all your statements about how we should play mean nothing, because it is hard to understand XBOX player while playing on PC. That is it. Curtain call...

P.C. you can continue your battle with us but you know that Rare will fix their errors about Crossplay. We just trying to keep this theme actual. And there is nothing personal, if you understand.

Clearly you didn't understand my words, because I said many times I know it's coming and I will roll with it when it comes. After all it's not gonna be separate lobbies, there will still be mixes from time to time to ensure all servers are full, even if it goes against a player's preference.

As long as no communities are left in the cold, and nobody is facing endless match queues or empty servers, I'll play with anyone from any console, I am not prejudiced as opposed to others.

Rare are not fixing their error, they are accommodating yours, of buying a type of game you weren't ready for, that you decided to buy regardless. You guys should be grateful to them rather than being cross with them because it's not ready yet. You should be happy it's coming at all really. Just my two doubloons.

@troubled-cells

Don't care if I am beaten fairly for any of it. But we're not!

All this will soon be behind us though, and the game will once again be worth playing.

Until then, enjoying many other games. Making the most of my game pass subscription.

But you was beaten fairly, no rules were broken.

@bloodybil said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@bloodybil

We know dear, we know.

Nothings been announced for steam as far as SOT is concerned.

Although it's the least rare can do and would be a great move for the community.

• @venvip1983
    @BloodyBil respects xbox players. I know cause i am one. Cant blame him for callin out xbox players exaggerating the advantage pc has. I could spend hours callin bull on most of the xbox fairy tales in this thread. But i work to much and this would be a part time job!

@bloodybil

We know dear, we know.

I know I'm remaining in the Crossplay pool, and many other Xbox players are too.

• K, fine but then give pc players the option to play with pc players only

• I still stand by the idea of having a large Xbox group titled SoT optiut only

• Same names, saying the same things and it is changing nothing. It has become rather sad and tired now.

Pro Opt Out Xbox players sharing their views, frustrations and experiences only to have them jumped on by the "against the opt out" folks who accuse them of over exaggerating their issues and claiming that RARE taking this step is less about acknowledging their failure to bring true parity and balance between the two platforms of Xbox and PC, but more about simply buckling under the "whining" of a "minority" of Xbox players.

Pretty much how every single day goes in this thread. Any good points are lost to bad sarcasm and condescending replies and ultimately stops being a discussion and just becomes a playground for noise and shouting. We all accept this is going to happen bar some major issues with the testing in Insiders, and the hope that from Arena it will come to Adventure and then it is done.

Whether you are happy with this happening or not, everything is just noise now, partly because its taken over 7 months almost form the point of being announced to entering testing, that is on RARE. Those for it will never have their points fully accepted and those against will not change the minds of those for it no matter now much so called 'evidence' is offered by either side whether its actual or just posturing for the sake of shouting down another user.

I honestly can't see how or why the Mods have and are allowing this nonsense to carry on further with the most part, this thread is just a hostile environment which has zero benefits on this process anymore.

For the sake of your own well being, if you feel you voice is not being heard of, just leave the thread. if you wanted the opt out then it is happening, you no longer have to justify why you felt it was needed so just leave it there. For those who feel it isnt necessary or is harmful to their own experience (mostly PC users at this point) you have said your piece and it is still happening regardless of why you feel that RARE are doing so.

Happy gaming everyone, time to go actually play games then constantly repeating yourselves on this topic until it goes through testing (which wont be allowed to be discussed here as under NDA with Insiders).

Go be a Pirate instead of Keyboard warriors everyone, your passion is a testament to this game, no need to let it turn into something more toxic than this thread as become.

• @cokney-charmer said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

Same names, saying the same things and it is changing nothing. It has become rather sad and tired now.

Pro Opt Out Xbox players sharing their views, frustrations and experiences only to have them jumped on by the "against the opt out" folks who accuse them of over exaggerating their issues and claiming that RARE taking this step is less about acknowledging their failure to bring true parity and balance between the two platforms of Xbox and PC, but more about simply buckling under the "whining" of a "minority" of Xbox players.

Pretty much how every single day goes in this thread. Any good points are lost to bad sarcasm and condescending replies and ultimately stops being a discussion and just becomes a playground for noise and shouting. We all accept this is going to happen bar some major issues with the testing in Insiders, and the hope that from Arena it will come to Adventure and then it is done.

Whether you are happy with this happening or not, everything is just noise now, partly because its taken over 7 months almost form the point of being announced to entering testing, that is on RARE. Those for it will never have their points fully accepted and those against will not change the minds of those for it no matter now much so called 'evidence' is offered by either side whether its actual or just posturing for the sake of shouting down another user.

I honestly can't see how or why the Mods have and are allowing this nonsense to carry on further with the most part, this thread is just a hostile environment which has zero benefits on this process anymore.

For the sake of your own well being, if you feel you voice is not being heard of, just leave the thread. if you wanted the opt out then it is happening, you no longer have to justify why you felt it was needed so just leave it there. For those who feel it isnt necessary or is harmful to their own experience (mostly PC users at this point) you have said your piece and it is still happening regardless of why you feel that RARE are doing so.

Happy gaming everyone, time to go actually play games then constantly repeating yourselves on this topic until it goes through testing (which wont be allowed to be discussed here as under NDA with Insiders).

Go be a Pirate instead of Keyboard warriors everyone, your passion is a testament to this game, no need to let it turn into something more toxic than this thread as become.

alt text

• @troubled-cells said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@cokney-charmer said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

Same names, saying the same things and it is changing nothing. It has become rather sad and tired now.

alt text

RODL!!!!!

• @cokney-charmer
    Finally something we agree on. At least that this thread needs to be locked.

• @blazedrake100 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@cokney-charmer
    Finally something we agree on. At least that this thread needs to be locked.

Not until we reach page 101. We can start a new chapter then. Or at least when it comes out for testing on the insider and boy what a mess that forum page may or may not be. Only time and patience will tell.

• @cokney-charmer

Most of us didn't start out as these sarcastic dinguses, it is a byproduct of the daily nonsense Pc people deal with. Specifically people using non-crossplay related things to justify crossplay. Allow me to give you some highlights and some of said nonsense:

1. Just yesterday, someone posted this little gem, "PC and Consol players should not play together it is not fair They have better modems and connection to the game and makes them a little harder to play against" Forget the fact that we all pay for internet and any person can buy a modem.

2. I've had people say Pc players have more health, forget the fact that we all have the same tools at our disposal with identical health.

3. I've had claims that our guns deal more damage, forget the fact that we all deal the same damage.

4. Having to deal with a massive amount of sore losers, forget the fact that you were full billow on your galleon anchored directly at the island. Also forget the fact that I could casually roll my ship up to your unnoticed and your entire galleon was left unmanned. Otherwise, yeah, it was only my, "Pc advantage," that ya'll sunk. The rest is just fluffer for the story.

5. Non-stop cheating accusations. Some xbox players like to think that this game is so full of hackers that they run into them daily. These people see hackers like shadows, their at every corner just lurking to sink them with their powers. Meanwhile, I've been playing since day one and have yet to actually face one. Cheating isn't a problem for this game. That isn't saying that they don't exist, but they are quite the rare thing.

6. Macro accusations. This one just annoys me, people throw this buzzword out, when most can't even tell you what it is. All they know is Pc players have it, and they don't, therefore cheating. Meanwhile in reality, this game doesn't benefit from macro use. Most of the supposed "evil" macros are brain dead easy to perform that don't even require a thought to perform. Not that long ago, I had someone try to argue that a jump sword swipe macro gave someone an advantage. We are talking a two button sequence. This person had no clue, yet was so set in his mind of the advantage.

Most of us put legitimate effort in the crossplay debate quite a long time ago. People can argue Pc advantage all day, however, dumb arguments need to be pointed out. If no one does, than people will start to believe them. This discussion hasn't moved forward since like a year ago. Its the same rehashed arguments with no ground gained. At this point, I want to have fun. So I will keep meming and mocking dumb arguments.

• @nabberwar

I'm starting to strongly agree with another, that an opt out forum section might be a good idea too.
    You log onto forum, select which device you play the game on, and there is your forum.

I hope Microsoft learn something from all of this and never deliberately force Xbox & PC's together in a game ever again.

If this thread teaches us anything, it's that we don't belong together.

• @needsmokes

I'm starting to strongly agree with another, that an opt out forum section might be a good idea too.

You log onto forum, select which device you play the game on, and there is your forum.

I will pass, echo chambers aren't for me. They also serve no good purpose in a Forum. Forums are their for the sharing of ideas, sometimes opposing ideas, but if a forum was a place where everyone just agrees, why bother having that forum to begin with?

• @nabberwar said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@needsmokes

I will pass, echo chambers aren't for me. They also serve no good purpose in a Forum. Forums are their for the sharing of ideas, sometimes opposing ideas, but if a forum was a place where everyone just agrees, why bother having that forum to begin with?

Well said, there wouldn't be any point to the forum.

• @blatantwalk4260 I'd like an inv to that club

@nabberwar

I hope Microsoft learn something from all of this and never deliberately force Xbox & PC's together in a game ever again.

If this thread teaches us anything, it's that we don't belong together.

Why don't we belong with pc players? Because Rare didn't spend their time on balancing Crossplay more? Also, why a forum split? We all affect the same game, and pc players could still go in your anti Crossplay safe space.

• Excpet pc players dont want to be seperated by xbox players thats why pc players are so mad lol. They want Sea of Thieves to be easy for them thats the only reason they are up in arms about this. They want it to be "inclusive" crossplay is another "boundry breaking". Its the exact same issues that are in other places like men competing in womens sports. SoT has unrestricted pvp so its competative in that regards. You dont let people with biological advantages compete in the same physical sports just like you shouldnt allow people with electronic advantages to compete in the same online game. Everyone thats up in arms right now against crossplay takes thier stance because they know the moment it rolls out they probably wont be able to compete against people with the same playing field. This isnt about being inclusive its thier own selfish goals and dont let them convince you otherwise.

• @blatantwalk4260
    Or maybe they actually care about the game and how much crossplay brings us togeather. Keep spreading your false ideals. The real players who love SoT know the truth.
    Statements like yours are why xbox players are looked down on.

• @blatantwalk4260
    I cannot wait to hear the xbox players excuses after the opt out.
    Oh he had a one x!
    Oh he had an external so he loads faster, no fair!
    Oh hes using an elite controller no fair!
    Blah blah blah.
    Ill be here waiting to say i told you so. Remember this post

• @nwo-azcrack said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

@blatantwalk4260
    I cannot wait to hear the xbox players excuses after the opt out.
    Oh he had a one x!
    Oh he had an external so he loads faster, no fair!
    Oh hes using an elite controller no fair!
    Blah blah blah.
    Ill be here waiting to say i told you so. Remember this post

All of those may hold true in the future other than the elite controller comment.

• @blatantwalk4260 said in [Mega Thread] Crossplay announcement in the recent Dev Update video.:

Excpet pc players dont want to be seperated by xbox players thats why pc players are so mad lol. They want Sea of Thieves to be easy for them thats the only reason they are up in arms about this. They want it to be "inclusive" crossplay is another "boundry breaking". Its the exact same issues that are in other places like men competing in womens sports. SoT has unrestricted pvp so its competative in that regards. You dont let people with biological advantages compete in the same physical sports just like you shouldnt allow people with electronic advantages to compete in the same online game. Everyone thats up in arms right now against crossplay takes thier stance because they know the moment it rolls out they probably wont be able to compete against people with the same playing field. This isnt about being inclusive its thier own selfish goals and dont let them convince you otherwise.

This drivel gets reposted constantly and is simply false.

If every self-described "meek and easy" xbox players was replaced by 1,2 even 3 "pro l337 pc playorzz" with crazy rigs, that would be perfectly fine. Again, (this seems to go above many people's head) it's not about playing with supposedly inferior players, the complaints are about wanting to keep the same size of player pool we were advertised and sold, no matter who are in it.

Keep deluding yourselves into thinking we need inferior players if it helps you justify segregating others 👌.

Views
3497 out of 3601