Looking For Group not working with SoT

• Ever since the new update that added Easy Anti-Cheat there's been an issue for me with the looking for group feature in the Xbox Game Bar overlay on PC. When I go to make a looking for group post it says "Launch a game to see available groups to join" even though I have the Sea of Thieves game open and I'm in the menu. Is anyone else having this problem? What can I do to fix it? Thanks.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • I don't use the LFG for SoT, but it's related to the game on Steam not enabling Gaming Features in Game Bar... I use Game Bar to clip gameplay and that's also affected. I wrote about the issue here:

https://www.seaofthieves.com/community/forums/topic/167134/gaming-features-not-available-in-game-bar-now-steam-version/1

It's nothing to do with Easy Anti-Cheat by the way, the timing is just coincidence (see my second comment on that thread). Rare or Microsoft messed it up.

• Ok, I see. Is there anything I can do to fix it so that it's enabled again? I don't remember changing any settings so it's strange to me that it suddenly quit working as it did. In the LFG widget there's a "Find Players" and "Manage Posts" tab. The "Find Players" tab just says "Launch a game to see available groups to join" and the "Manage Posts" tab sometimes shows the posts of other SoT players. This seems as though some others are still able to use this function with the game as before but for me it still doesn't work.

• @thoughtshift said in Looking For Group not working with SoT:

Ok, I see. Is there anything I can do to fix it so that it's enabled again?

I don't think so. As I said in my post, the enable Gaming Features setting isn't sticking in Game Bar for Sea of Thieves on Steam specifically, for some reason. Either Rare or Microsoft need to sort it out.

• Bump. Is anyone else experiencing this? Has this issue been properly brought to the attention of Rare? Have they mentioned fixing it soon? I'm still unable to use Looking For Group to find teammates in the Xbox Game Bar.

• @thoughtshift said in Looking For Group not working with SoT:

Has this issue been properly brought to the attention of Rare?

Yes, as I mentioned, it's related to the "Gaming Features not available" issue with Game Bar. I've put in a bug report and Support have said it's been looked into.

I don't expect it will be fixed until either the game or Game Bar get an update.

Publicaciones
Visitas
3 de 6