Sea of Spawns

• I don’t know what it was about today’s session, but it was an interesting one. Wondering if spawn rates have been increased.

In the space of one hour me and a friend encountered roughly 7 - 8 sharks, 2 different siren fights, 2 skeleton ships, a kraken and a meg.

I’m not complaining about this as it was nice to have the loot and the meat, but I’ve never had this much spawn on me in such a short amount of time.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    just for funcommunity
  • Mainly just where it should be imo

It was always more fun in the past to have stuff going on regularly.

It survived the first patch, we will see how long it lasts.

Game is way better with it.

• I have had far from this many spawns in such a short time since season start, but i have had megs and skele ships spawning on me at about the same rate as they used to before their spawn rates broke and they became uncommon.

The kraken of that lot is the odd man out since it only spawns on a ship if no world event is up. Its been some time since a good ol kraken came my way!

• encountered roughly 7 - 8 sharks, 2 different siren fights, 2 skeleton ships, a kraken and a meg.

Sounds like a profitable day

• @wolfmanbush I agree. At first we were just confused, but then embraced it and fought everything. It was great.

• @burnbacon It was! our bank accounts and our stomachs were full.

• @goldsmen We were genuinely excited when the kraken showed up because it's been so long since we last had one and it came straight after a skeleton ship too.

• @riftenwatcher I have seen the same; today in an hour encountered 2 emergent skelly galleons and a meg, another akelly ship tried to spawn while we sold at an outpost

• This is the best (I hope they don't change it) season for meg hunting in probably 3 years.

There is a specific reason for that, the time is carrying over.

There are 3 types of organic meg spawns. One is around 4-5 in game days, One skips that and is right around 8 days (I have a theory as to what causes this but I'm not sure) and then a more rare spawn (which might be causing the 8 day spawns for other people) which is within the first 15 minutes of a session or around 15 after killing a meg.

What is super super duper awesome this season is that they are carrying over those wait times after sinks, merges, and dives.

They could change this in the future (I really hope they don't) but as of right now feel free to take risks, get merged, and dive as meg enjoyers and/or meg hunters.

I put it to the test over the last week+ and have maintained the same consistency I always do, which was not possible pre-season 11.

Still a significant amount of strategy involved but the important part is that people can just play right now and have fun and will have more consistent spawns (if they maintain one organic session). An old school server hop is still a reset but all the in game happenings are fine now for a meg hunt/spawn.

Get after those shrouded ghosts imo. Work on those comms, get those ancient bone dusts, level that merchant.

You can also scuttle and maintain that timer on the same session right now. Can be useful for the meg hunters that want to both avoid combat and want to get outta there before a meg spawns so they don't lose it. This can help the more passive pirates that enjoy megs.

Publicaciones
Visitas
just for funcommunity
8 de 9