Frown upon or brilliant?

• So just finished playing sea of thieves today. Had 3 friends I know irl that never played and wanted to try it out. I invited them to my captained galleon. I first had them hand in the treasure to each individual so they knew what treasure went where. On the second voyage I showed them the benefit of a captained ship with the sovereigns. On our last voyage we came across a brig I checked the map they had no reaper flag. I fired myself over and explained that my crew was new. (I mean they died to skeletons, ghost, no cosmetics and just cleared the tutorial type new). They said then this will be easy I killed one before dying. I then had us set sail for the bottom of the map and headed towards the red sea. (I found that sometimes if you manually drop loot over the ship in the red sea it will stay in the red sea.) As we neared I noticed none of them where paying attention to the map or their location. One was in crows nest another on the harpoon gun and the final on helm. I had my crew load the right side with chain ball. As we got near the edge we dropped anchor but stopped it before it fully rendered and then dropped at the last moment. I did a lot of tests and knew how long each ship had before the red sea spawned. As they passed I knocked down their main mast and fired into the hull and hit the wheel several times as well. By this point our sails was up and the anchor was half way raised. I had one of the crew members keep loading the cannons and the other two watch ladder. While I kept firing at the wheel. The red sea spawned on them and with only two crew members on board. Mast just finished being brought up and wheel damaged they sunk. Their treasure spawned near us. The third person got killed on the ladder as we all shot him with our flintlocks. Took their treasure and sold it. Didn't see the brig since. So my question was that completely dishonorable and shouldn't be allowed or was it me completely outclassing them since my crew was brand new to the game? (Also when I do fight I prefer the bottom of the map as that way no island is really an issue and rowboat tactics become far harder as their is no island to prepare behind).

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    generalfeedbackjust for funcommunity
  • Nope, you took advantage of your surroundings and made the best of what you had. Excellent work. "Do you think he plans it all out, or just makes it up as he goes along".

• @spartan156555 better strat would be use a row boat load it up with your loot break line of site just long enough to get the rowboat free of the other ship and have the galleon lead them on a merry chase

• Tools not rules!

• @otherfanboy said in Frown upon or brilliant?:

@spartan156555 better strat would be use a row boat load it up with your loot break line of site just long enough to get the rowboat free of the other ship and have the galleon lead them on a merry chase

Nah, his strat was way cooler lol.

• @otherfanboy I do that from time to time. But when I have a crew that is decent and don't mind pvp then I try to brawl out at the end of the map. If we have a single random then yes we try the row boat strat. At the time this happened didn't have really any loot worth trying to save. Also it falls in line with deprive the enemy of nice things. Lol

• That's essentially peak pvp in SoT.

Experience and skill are a detriment to fun in combat. The more experienced and skilled players get the more they lean into metas and what "should be done". As fights become more "sweaty" they get less fun because they are so efficient that the "what ifs?" get replaced with predictability all around.

That fight is the kind of fight that will be some of the most fun you will have in combat, nothing wrong with it.

Do goofy stuff, try out stuff that'll probably get you sunk, make it fun and creative. Hold on to that for as long as you can because it's going to be what you look back on most often.

Most of all appreciate inexperience and people not taking the fight seriously, without them it's not possible. Takes at least 2 crews to make a fight fun, without their participation it wouldn't be possible. Have fun, lots and lots of fun.

Oh and btw, I know you learned that move from Kevin Bacon in Tremors.

• @wolfmanbush I have absolutely no idea who or what Kevin Bacon in Tremors is. Is that a movie, YouTube channel, show? I don't watch movies last one I watched was when I was 10 and I was born 2000. The only movies I remember watching is hacksaw ridge, saving Private Ryan, hitman the movie. If it is YouTube then I tend to watch Markiplier, cartoonz, spiffing Brit, stealth gaming, Selen, shenpai, the backlogs, Russian badger, fat electrician, and saruei. Yes I like anime and tubers and watching stupid things cause life sometimes be to depressing. No I don't care about flak for it as I am a weeb at hear so go ahead and give me some flak as I give myself flak as well. As for shows pretty much anything anime. Should have been obvious from last sentence.

• This is the coolest thing I've heard about on this game in a long while. Excellent play.

Publicaciones
Visitas
generalfeedbackjust for funcommunity
8 de 9