2 way mermaid statue

• The gripe that everybody has with Sunken Kingdom (especially solo players) is how it forces you far away from your ship with 0 vision for several minutes in the open sea.
    Granting the loot mermaid a second option to return to the statue you just used to leave the shrine/treasury (on a cooldown) would make them far less tedious and enjoyable to do.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    generalfeedback
  • @blu-remote said in 2 way mermaid statue:

The gripe that everybody has with Sunken Kingdom (especially solo players) is how it forces you far away from your ship with 0 vision for several minutes in the open sea.

I feel like that's kind of the point? There's a dynamic of risk/reward associated with shrines and treasuries. The gold piles are worth more than what you find elsewhere, you get a chest of ancient tribute, there's a chance that you get a breath of the sea potion if you found a coral bottle.......and that's on top of all the other loot there which sells at a premium compared to their non-coral counterparts.

It definitely affects solo players more than others, but that's true of pretty much everything in this game I think.

• @habiki The problem is, I can just stack sea forts for similar rewards in an easier manner.

• @habiki at the very least then make it available to solo players only.

• See what you do is make sure your ship is empty. They sink you? Oh well. You know once treasure is in the mermaid statue no one but the crew can get it. Even if someone else does the same shrine (they get thier own merm).

Go back when the coast is clear if you get sunk. You can even portal hop using Pirates Life or Hourglass dives to get to a new server and your loot will still be in the mermaid...

• @pithyrumble what if you are stacking in some capacity?

• @blu-remote
    If you are in a position where the risk of sinking outweighs the reward of the treasure, then maybe don’t do the shrine/treasury.

There are tonnes of other ways to get gold more efficiently than in shrines, and if you are going for the commendations then you can always start off a stack with the treasuries.

• This is a great fix actually! Yes I fully agree shrines and treasuries are simply not worth ever doing due to the extreme risk they put your ship in for no apparent reason. Now a days especially w/ sea forts that are arguably even better loot/time ratio shrines and treasuries could definitely use this change.

@pithyrumble what if you are stacking in some capacity?

Unless you're stacking coral loot, I wouldn't bother with a shrine. Specifically doing coral? 2 laps. 1st lap enjoy the shrines and load up the statues. 2nd lap collect.

You're already inviting trouble by stacking. What's a little more risk?

• @mrat13 said in 2 way mermaid statue:

@habiki The problem is, I can just stack sea forts for similar rewards in an easier manner.

I would argue that the rewards are not similar. Shrines and treasuries give better loot. You need to factor in the chest of ancient tribute, multiple emerald and ruby gems, and all treasure is coral loot that sells better than vanilla counterparts.

Plus you fight a lot of ocean crawlers and sirens, a few of which drop extra gems.

@pithyrumble what if you are stacking in some capacity?

I probably solo in this game a majority of the time. If you're stacking, especially as a solo player, you need to understand the risk you're taking on. If that risk is too much for your playstyle, I'd recommend either turning in more often or adjusting what activities you do to gather loot.

But overall, I don't think we need to have a teleport down to the shrines and treasuries to cut out half a minute of swimming.

Publicaciones
Visitas
generalfeedback
8 de 11