We need a way to export 3d models of your character

• As an artist, I have found it very frustrating to make fan art for this game since there is no way to create 3D art of my character without modeling the character from scratch. The only option really is to rip the model using an outside program which is very complicated and often doesn’t work.

Id love to see a feature that allows you to access a 3D model of your character for things like this. Many others have also told me that they’d love to have a way to access it too. I see fanart and 3D prints of our beloved characters

I have grown so much on my character even though I am someone who appreciates compete customization. It truly feels like an extension of the self when you pick a character uniquely generated for you. I know many people would appreciate having a way to easily create art this way :)

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    feedbackgeneralfan artcommunityjust for fun
  • Agreed, I've seen art from the Apex Legends community a LOT that uses 3D models of the characters. Of course, getting custom models based on what you are wearing ingame is a LOT harder than using models from preset legend skins, but I do believe it would be possible for them to consider.

• The fan artwork posted by the SOT community is truly amazing and I can't wait to see what you guys will do if this request is made possible.

• Not agathe idea, but I do worry that giving pirates this kind of access could lead to other more unscrupulous things - like figuring out a mystery by peeking at certain files. There is a fine line here that must not be crossed.

• There are ways to extract models from most games using this games engine and I have seen people pull the 3d models from SoT itself. There are alot of hoops to jump through and the end result delivers a nonmanifold mesh. This is useful in some art renders but unfortunately can't be made (to my knowledge) into a physical 3D print file.

The 2nd issue that comes up is that because of the IPG (Infinite Pirate Generator) it is really difficult (impossible for anyone I've talked to) to pull their character specifically.

If rare would provide an option for this that would be amazing. As for peeking at a mystery before it is uncovered- This way of extracting 3d models was done well before the Disney update and Rare does a very good job of separating files that are not meant to be in the game yet. None of the assets were in the game until the update itself came out!

• @mrcolin7377 Well someone I know did tell me it IS possible. The hard part is just finding the right parts and clothing.

• Been asking this for years. It would soooooo profitable if they let you step into a booth or something at the tavern (upstairs?) And the game would create a cad or STL file of your pirate, with clothes etc. They could charge $5 and send it digital to your email. Straight printing money..... but it will Never happen. Maybe end of life before servers go off line. Or some genius out there could work out how to pull them. I'd be a buyer of many asset stl's.

• I can see this going wrong in a lot of ways very quickly, that is the issue. If you know you know.

• As this thread was over a year old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Publicaciones
Visitas
feedbackgeneralfan artcommunityjust for fun
4 de 9