PvP Cosmetics, commendations, titles

• Hi, so basically PvP isn't this worth for veterans who already have everything bought/levelled up. How about having cosmetics based solely on pvp (or commendations) like sink 100 ships - you get a title or something..
    I just want something fun that would make PvP more worth the time, cause most of the people I meet on The Seas don't care about PvP and are either running away or red seaing.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    feedbackgeneral
  • pvp related rewards in adventure incentivize sinking ships not competitive fights so it would have the same issue that incentivizing player kills would have which is targeting fresh spawns and inexperienced players for rewards

• Well how about sinking 100 level 5 emissary ships? that would be a harder thing to accomplish and would give quite a bit of a challenge even to more experienced players

• Rewarding PvP isn't what will make PvP fun. It doesn't change the fact that PvP has become this perpetual meta exercise of chainshot spamming, boarding, anchoring, slaying, camping, sinking, and then rinsing and repeating.

Eliminating/changing the meta is what will make PvP fun again. If people felt they stood a better chance, they may be more interested in fighting as it would actually be entertaining instead of the "how fast can I sink/be sunk" game. There's very little strategy anymore since very rarely is there an evenly matched fight.

• @roqqu4965 said in PvP Cosmetics, commendations, titles:

Well how about sinking 100 level 5 emissary ships? that would be a harder thing to accomplish and would give quite a bit of a challenge even to more experienced players

Personally I think rewards based on the activity of others are terribly unfun and unfun leads to a lot of apathy and cheesing of the unfun activity as opposed to generating interest and activity

Ultimately the reward for pvpers is a healthy food chain which allows a lot of fun hunts. If hunters are struggling with less prey and prey that are no longer comfortable with taking risks the only way to address that is by figuring out why there is less to hunt and why they run away so often.

The solution is participating in both pve and pvp. Becoming a target so running happens less. Become a target so pvp interest in increased.

One sided fights are not appealing to a majority of the population. So hunting without something to lose only lasts so long.

Invest in the server and loot production and there are a lot less issues finding fights for a person that enjoys fighting.

Can't have the cake and eat it too sometimes. Can't just take and take and expect those that are having their stuff taken to keep participating in that process.

• Please tell everyone in the community to give the kraken boss It's a super mode to where it gets bigger and deadlier When you damage it enough and make it hostile to everyone on the game toward attacks them on site

Publicaciones
Visitas
feedbackgeneral
5 de 6