I killed the Shrouded Ghost, but...

• I finished loading the Fort of Fortune loot onto a rowboat. We only had to sail from Keel Haul to Sanctuary to sell the loot! My alliance member and I set sail, and a skeleton sloop attacked us! We sunk it quickly enough, got our rowboat back on board, and went on our way.

Then, upon a sudden, I heard an ungodly row offdeck... A megalodon! Why does the game pursue us so? My brother said: "Shrouded?" as a joke. We always say that before a megalodon comes out of the water. Then we see it... the majestic beast! I run to the capstan to anchor us, and then I... die???

Megalodons, when they spawn, rise up, then crash down. In our case, it rose up really close, then crashed down.... Right onto the four megakegs in our rowboat! I got "The Hunter of the Shrouded Ghost" while dead... as the four kegs had destroyed the Shrouded Ghost, me, and our ship. My alliance partner picked up the pieces for us.

I took a video of this encounter, but Windows did the classic thing where the video is black and all you get is audio. I can't count how many times I've fixed that error and it keeps coming back. So, I can't claim the world record for Fastest Shrouded Ghost kill.

The interesting thing is that no one actually attacked the Ghost... only the kegs did damage. My alliance members where close, and got the completion as well. So does the game just give it to whoever was close because the kegs killed it, or was it because both me and my alliance partners touched the kegs, or was it that everyone in the server got a completion?

A quite funny encounter! My brother wants a re-do...

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • @grumpyw01f said in I killed the Shrouded Ghost, but...:

but Windows did the classic thing where the video is black and all you get is audio. I can't count how many times I've fixed that error and it keeps coming back.

I have spent so much time trying to make this not be an issue.

Some of my best piratical clips are nothing but darkness and the sounds of the event that would forever haunt me if I didn't throw it in the recycle bin

• @grumpyw01f

This is like, perfect comedy-of-errors type stuff here. "What if Mr. Bean was a pirate?"

Love it! Bravo, matey.

• @grumpyw01f anyone in the area of it gets credit. People have actually gotten this while tucked on other crew's ships.

• @kommodoreyenser
    I've only seen Freemasonlive get it from tucking... And he actually shot it! Thanks for the info.

• Great story, bro! 😁

• @grumpyw01f said in I killed the Shrouded Ghost, but...:

@kommodoreyenser
    I've only seen Freemasonlive get it from tucking... And he actually shot it! Thanks for the info.

I do believe you actually have to hit it at least once with damage, just like skeleton ship sinks.

Publicaciones
Visitas
5 de 7