The Sunken Curse: AKA Killing Mermaid Statues

• Figured I would create a topic here to help people getting started or who might be starting their search soon.

1)They seem to be scattered randomly around islands/uncharted islands with a cap at 3 statues per island (from what I have seen thus far). They also have an audio cue to help locate them.

2)*Sapphire and Emerald statues are soloable, the Ruby statues are duoable they just take a bit longer.

3) Sword+Blunderbuss seems to have the best initial dmg output and there is a sweet spot you can find with your sword where the statue can't damage you, but you can damage it.

4)I have found statues at N10/K14/Cannon Cove/Lagoon of Whispers before I had to leave for work

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • Statues spawn at all the islands except the Outposts. I haven't checked the inactive forts yet.

• @melbufrauma why are we destroying them? Lore wise I mean. They don't appear to do any actual cursing. Would be cool if they caused the water to turn red, and damage boats in and around island.

• Can confirm that 1 Flintlock to the Statue and then 2 keg chain reaction kills the Emerald lol

• So I spent all day yesterday finishing that event and here is was I can confirm from my playing. 1) Blue is one player with a loss of 1/4 of your health. 2) Green is as low as one player with 2 extra bananas 3) Red is 3 players with a loss of 3/4 health. I don't count gunpowder barrels in anything because they are tough to get underwater however 5 will for sure kill anything. They spawn on every island minus the forts and outposts. They can spawn 1-3 on an island and treasure can spawn in the same locations that the mermaid statues can spawn as well. So far I have only found trinkets aka artefacts but if you watch the dev video with Joe he does say that treasure spawns there in the water.

• eye of reach baby

• Turns out you can solo the rubies with only a sword and some patience. No kegs required.

• on a duo sloop we were able to destroy all statues with no issues, The rubies were close but we would alternate who ate a banana to destroy it in time before drowning. Also, there is a sweet spot that is just IN reach of melee damage and just OUT of reach for the statue hurting you.

• @ve111a said in The Sunken Curse: AKA Killing Mermaid Statues:

on a duo sloop we were able to destroy all statues with no issues, The rubies were close but we would alternate who ate a banana to destroy it in time before drowning. Also, there is a sweet spot that is just IN reach of melee damage and just OUT of reach for the statue hurting you.

If both players go underwater with full health and start whacking right away you don't even need to eat a banana. That first red one we took down I hadn't even taken damage from drowning yet.

• @drunkpunk138 said in The Sunken Curse: AKA Killing Mermaid Statues:

@ve111a said in The Sunken Curse: AKA Killing Mermaid Statues:

on a duo sloop we were able to destroy all statues with no issues, The rubies were close but we would alternate who ate a banana to destroy it in time before drowning. Also, there is a sweet spot that is just IN reach of melee damage and just OUT of reach for the statue hurting you.

If both players go underwater with full health and start whacking right away you don't even need to eat a banana. That first red one we took down I hadn't even taken damage from drowning yet.

It's hard to tell sometimes with the sounds if its statue damage or drowning damage lol. I'm just happy we were about to destroy them with

• @dragonsire2016 said in The Sunken Curse: AKA Killing Mermaid Statues:

@melbufrauma why are we destroying them?

Speciesism.

• @semperletalis I have also found skulls underwater now, but it is definitely mostly trinkets

• @nofist420 said in The Sunken Curse: AKA Killing Mermaid Statues:

@semperletalis I have also found skulls underwater now, but it is definitely mostly trinkets

I have experienced the same thing.

• @nofist420 That's good to know. I've been done with this since day two, but I still go looking for the loot when I hear the noise. Now I will just need to look for skulls too, thanks.

• What's the reward?

Go back to the tavern and talk to the guy there? We get gold?

It'd be nice if when you killed them treasure appeared right there to sell, even if only a chunk of change.

Also, why are the Meg and Kraken not set to drop loot when they are killed? What's the point of dying to them over and over again and wasting resources? I know, OT... but it's a burning question hahaha

Publicaciones
Visitas
2 de 15