Pet functionality

• It would be nice to see pets do more than just be cosmetic. they should have the ability to sniff out enemy crews who might be on your ship, and help you sniff out the X marks the spots if you are really close. to make it more balanced, maybe your pet will be mistaken every now and then just to keep us guessing if there is really someone on your ship, or if they are just "barking up the wrong tree" so to speak

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    just for funfeedbackgeneralwindows 10xbox one
  • @purplejoeler Nah. They are a cosmetic, leave them as such.

• @purplejoeler becomes a pay to win structure when players would feel the need to spend irl money to have the same advantages as other players, and that’s not fair on those who can’t afford it.

Yes everyone could be given a pet each of the types we have in the store now, but that would impact on their emporium sales, so there’s no point messing with what is already working as is.

• @tesiccl said in Pet functionality:

@purplejoeler becomes a pay to win structure when players would feel the need to spend irl money to have the same advantages as other players, and that’s not fair on those who can’t afford it.

This is the real reason, but thanks @captain-coel for sharing your succinct opinion on the matter.

• @lordqulex I've gotten cynical about explaining it. 😀 Also everyone knows about my hat comment as well.

• they should have the ability

Pay to win. Not gonna be

• Since the majority of the pets are a real money cosmetic item, this can dangerously come close to a "Pay to Win" feature.

Note that while the majoirty of the Hide emotes cost money, two of the most useful ones are entirely free, with the third most useful one just a handful of doubloons from Larina.

• @lordqulex i would agree if they didnt already have paid emotes for tuckers, pets being able to sniff out those tuckers would make it balanced. and pets finding an X marks while you are near isnt that much more of an advantage

• @purplejoeler said in Pet functionality:

@lordqulex i would agree if they didnt already have paid emotes for tuckers, pets being able to sniff out those tuckers would make it balanced. and pets finding an X marks while you are near isnt that much more of an advantage

All the good ones are free... no one tucks with the "deck hide" emote.

• @lordqulex said in Pet functionality:

@purplejoeler said in Pet functionality:

@lordqulex i would agree if they didnt already have paid emotes for tuckers, pets being able to sniff out those tuckers would make it balanced. and pets finding an X marks while you are near isnt that much more of an advantage

All the good ones are free... no one tucks with the "deck hide" emote.

I believe Flotsam does :).

• @purplejoeler If you want to add onto pet functionality, you could add pet personality meters. Where how you interact with your pet will change its personality stats and thus change its behaviors. Making each pet more unique and accustomed to your play style.

• @wungchang said in Pet functionality:

@purplejoeler If you want to add onto pet functionality, you could add pet personality meters. Where how you interact with your pet will change its personality stats and thus change its behaviors. Making each pet more unique and accustomed to your play style.

Or hear me out, leave them the same. They don't need to do anything more than they currently do. Some people don't like the pets and find them annoying. If you make them functional they become a requirement for equal footing.

Let's leave all cosmetics equally useless and there for decoration only.

• @captain-coel If you cannot read or add anything new then don't reply because I dont want to deal with correcting people. If you do not like pets, then that's you. But for a lot of people, pets could be a huge thing for them. And making pets a more personal companion with its own personality would really make a lot of people happy. When they were introduced I was expecting them to be like this since they tried to advertise pets in this way. You pet your pet, they get happier. Simple stuff.

• @wungchang said in Pet functionality:

@captain-coel If you cannot read or add anything new then don't reply because I dont want to deal with correcting people. If you do not like pets, then that's you. But for a lot of people, pets could be a huge thing for them. And making pets a more personal companion with its own personality would really make a lot of people happy. When they were introduced I was expecting them to be like this since they tried to advertise pets in this way. You pet your pet, they get happier. Simple stuff.

They are intended to be a useless cosmetic. Thats all. They dont need to be more.

• @captain-coel Yes. Absolutely.

• @captain-coel there are cosmetics that already give you a boost to the gameplay already though, for example the sail that gives you a better view of the horizon thats locked behind pirate legend and is super expensive gold wise, or any of the ripped sails you can purchase in the emporium, and the skele curse which you could argue being unfaire to those who dont have a lot of time to play the game but those would be silly arguments. again, we also have the hide and seek emote bundles which i saw someone use (one of the purchased ones) to make themselves disappear on a brig. adding functionality to the pets doesn't make it a requirement for equal footing either, we are talking about 2 small things here. 2 things that hardly make it unequal footing except maybe to those who dont like to work for their own loot. the pets are also only 499 ancient coins, which is only $5 real world money, a few lucky ancient skeleton spawns and you have it. if you find pets that annoying, dont equip or buy it, its not gonna be as game breaking or pay to win as you are claiming it to be. they could make a simple pet available to buy via gold too and then the whole pay to win argument goes away.

I'm confident Rare could implement (at least the finding tuckers part) a way for it to be barely noticeable and also balanced. maybe the pets could do their normal thing but if there is a tucker tend to do those normal things around that player but only occasionally.

as for the pointing out the X marks the spot thing, i think its perfectly ok for people who spent real money to get a tiny quality of life advantage that doesn't affect other players, especially when that quality of life advantage doesnt break the bank. you obviously dont have to agree with me on this, but i still think this would be cool and im not gonna change my mind

• @purplejoeler said in Pet functionality:

@captain-coel there are cosmetics that already give you a boost to the gameplay already though, for example the sail that gives you a better view of the horizon thats locked behind pirate legend and is super expensive gold wise, or any of the ripped sails you can purchase in the emporium, and the skele curse which you could argue being unfaire to those who dont have a lot of time to play the game but those would be silly arguments. again, we also have the hide and seek emote bundles which i saw someone use (one of the purchased ones) to make themselves disappear on a brig. adding functionality to the pets doesn't make it a requirement for equal footing either, we are talking about 2 small things here. 2 things that hardly make it unequal footing except maybe to those who dont like to work for their own loot. the pets are also only 499 ancient coins, which is only $5 real world money, a few lucky ancient skeleton spawns and you have it. if you find pets that annoying, dont equip or buy it, its not gonna be as game breaking or pay to win as you are claiming it to be. they could make a simple pet available to buy via gold too and then the whole pay to win argument goes away.

I'm confident Rare could implement (at least the finding tuckers part) a way for it to be barely noticeable and also balanced. maybe the pets could do their normal thing but if there is a tucker tend to do those normal things around that player but only occasionally.

as for the pointing out the X marks the spot thing, i think its perfectly ok for people who spent real money to get a tiny quality of life advantage that doesn't affect other players, especially when that quality of life advantage doesnt break the bank. you obviously dont have to agree with me on this, but i still think this would be cool and im not gonna change my mind

the da sails were nerfed to square. rare is if anything attemtping to balance any of those in game items that are odd like that, they were also purchaseable with gold and not real money.

if your pet gets to detect tuckers, I want my magic hat to do that as well.

• @captain-coel I personally dont have a problem with that, the main reason I'm focusing on pets is because I'm suggesting things normal pets can be expected to do. I like pets, but i hate that they are useless. they are different than the other cosmetics in that you can interact with them in a more personal way so they are harder to ignore. most other cosmetics you see you can actually use for something (other than your clothing) you buy sails, you get to use those sails, you buy cannons you get to use those cannons, you buy a bucket you get to use that bucket etc.. sure, they dont give you any actual advantage but you get to interact with them in a useful way, but not with pets. you can interact with them, but not in any useful way. if getting pets to have some kind of usefulness means making it available another way without paying, I'm all for it. i mostly want my pets to be useful in some way, and these are the ideas i had to make that possible

• @purplejoeler pay to win. The only thing I would like to change about pets is the way they cry when guns or cannon are shot. It's not fun having a whimpering pet when pirating.

• Ironically pets can be the opposite, if a tucker were to have one equipped it can give their position away etc.

• I agree that it would be nice for animals to have more functions, they have become obsolete, they don't need to give advantages, maybe subtle things like seeing some dog enemy barking, monkey screaming, or even funnier, parrot talking, and everyone could have free access to at least 1 standard animal, it would be cool, and would bring more fun to the game, small details, which if by any chance player chooses not to use would bring little or almost no impactful change.

Publicaciones
Visitas
just for funfeedbackgeneralwindows 10xbox one
8 de 22