ipg problem

• I´ve spent so much money and time to get a pirate i like to play as but I cannot get one I´m happy enough with. I get you have to spent money or time to get one you like but I don´t understand that no matter if you pay real money you are not able to get what you pay for. I´ve spent hundreds of hours on ipg. I´ve reached the support site asking for a solution and the only answer I´ve got is essentially: [Mod edit]. Idk if someone that has power over this I´m just asking for help, having the pirate i like does not give me any avantage over anyone just give a little help pls

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • @absenteebadge12 help with what? It’s a randomly generated pirate. Their hitbox, aesthetic, height etc isn’t going to change.
    We have what we have with the generator, and spending hours in it and loads of money is obsessive.
    Pick a pirate, move on.

• [Mod edit] I´m just asking for a solution, and it´s not obsessive, it´s a pain I don´t wanna go trough, but i have to no matter what. Hacker can get the pirate exactly as they want but not the average customer, we have to go trough a pain, also idk where do you get I wanna fetishise my character and all that nonsense but ok. I hope you are not from support bc u are pretty rude lol, I´m not creppy I´m a normal guy who loves sot and just wants to not waste more time on ipg to have a DECENT character. I really hope you are not part of the team bc saying those things to ppl who you donñt even know is very... idk. Also I´m on my home playing a game I´ve paid for, I think I´m allowed to do what I want to but I mean calling me a creep looks like a good way to handle it thank you very much

• @absenteebadge12 None of us in here are part of the support; this an open forum and when you post a query you will get different feedbacks.

For the moment the randomly generated characters are fine Imo, as there are other issues with the game that require attention. Just take your time and pick the character you prefer the most. We all did and most of us still play with the same character since day one.

As for what you purchased that is the experience of a sandbox live service pirate fantasy and SOT delivers in spades!

• @metal-ravage that´s more like a decent answer ty, the other just enjoys shaming ppl on the forum whenever he does not agreed with them. I´m happy enough with your answer ty very much, I´m just used to play rpgs like the elder scrolls,fallout etc, and i just feel more comfortable with a character creation menu but oh well, ty very much again.

• This is not exactly an issue. Its supposed to be randomized because the devs did not want people to have perfect characters. In the devs own words they were worried if people could create their pirates, people would not make their characters quite ugly enough.

The devs want pirates to have a bit of wonkiness to them, and when you buy an appearance potion, you do get what you pay for, even if you arnt happy with it. They never claimed you get more than another chance to generate a new look, which is what you get from it. You dont have to accept a choice, if you arnt happy with a selection you can just leave the generator, play a bit, and try again the next time you get on.

If you are patient you can get a number of choices you may end up happy with, just dont stress over them being exactly as you imagine your perfect character to be, because it is unlikely you will ever get a perfect generation.

• i kinda have got a decent one I´m happy with but it took a lot of time but ty either way for shraing you opinion and thoughts I can see the point

• Buy the potion, start rerolling. If you don't find something you happy with, you can just cancel it and keep playing as your original till the next time you feel like re-rolling

• I´ve spent so much money and time to get a pirate i like to play as but I cannot get one I´m happy enough with.

I´ve spent hundreds of hours on ipg.

That a player issue.

I get you have to spent money or time to get one you like

You dont "have too" spend any money.

I´m just asking for help, having the pirate i like

What is the help question here? Your wanting the perfect barbie pirate? A pirate avatar you will only visually see 2% of the time (Shopping or Emoting)

Hacker can get the pirate exactly as they want

Who said this? Im not a hacker or a modder, but I got a pirare and never once bought a potion to remake him. Is he ugly? To some yeah. Is he perfect? No.

I´m just used to play rpgs like the elder scrolls,fallout etc, and i just feel more comfortable with a character creation menu

those are a nightmare to find a perfect character, nothing ever turns out right and they always appear 'goofy' compared to SoT characters. Nothing pleased.

• no mate u are going way over the topic I´ve never said i want a barbie pirate those are just guessings that you are making, i just want the option to create my chatacter I get that ppl like you are ok with what ever or are less exigent than me. And hackers using third party software are able to create his own pirate exatly as they want. I get rare wanted players to have ugly pirates but there are some very cool pirates out there both female and male pirates i don´t think I´m crazy because i don´t want to play as a asian fat old woman ( nothing against asian, old or fat people). As i said I´m a guy that plays mostly rpgs and I´m very used to create my character so at least they look kinda like i want them to look like, I don´t think is a big deal but I think it would be awesome if they added something like the potion but with more control over the character creating maybe just size and face, something like potion but more expensive. That way ppl that hasn´t a lot of time to hang on ipg can have a better chance to have something they are more happy with.

• And hackers using third party software are able to create his own pirate exatly as they want.

If you have the proof, link it here or send it as a report to Rare.

The IPG has a limited number of combinations it can make, using only the assets within the game. Players cannot create pirates outside of the boundaries of the character models created by Rare.

Publicaciones
Visitas
1 de 14