Cannot turn off narrator/text-to-speech

• Through an online search, I see that there has been a problem with turning off the narrator / text-to-speech in this game. Well, I have just entered the game for the first time and I am encountering this problem myself.

Nothing I do turns off the narrator / text-to-speech.

I’m on an Xbox Series X.

The Narrator in the Accessibility settings is turned off.

The Text-To-Speech Override in Language is set to Disable. (There is no Ease of Access setting anymore.)

Every single Narrator option in Language has been set to Off.

I have exited the game and restarted my console after making the above changes, but the narrator / text-to-speech still persists.

I am not going to play this game if every single movement of my controller is spoken back to me. I can’t even get to actually play the game without being berated by the annoying voice with every single selection or movement through the menu I make.

How do you turn the thing off?

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • @Cronniss I believe it's "game transcription override", needs to be set to off.

• @unleet1 said in Cannot turn off narrator/text-to-speech:

@Cronniss I believe it's "game transcription override", needs to be set to off.

Wow. That did it. Thank you!

I don’t know why they had to set that irritating and frustrating setting to be defaulted to on, but at least it’s off now.

• I’m
    On pa5 and I have text to
    Speech on and I want it off .there is no option to do so .I know open bata atm but man it’s annoying HELP !!!

Publicaciones
Visitas
3 de 4