Mystery, exclusivity and feeling alienated

• Warning: rant coming

First off I dont care what your toxic opinions are on this, I know I'm not the only one that thinks this way, and I can only hope someone from Rare can relate to my frustration

After spending over 5 hours working on this second mystery clue, I've not made any further progress than I have when I started.

And I started to think to myself why does Rare have such an insatiable desire to make things like this "exclusive"? All it does is upset and alienate the rest of the community. The average person will never win an obsidian capstan or serpents lie sails, or golden hour sails, so why bother with odds so ridiculously small? Release them to everyone instead of doing 1,000,000 variations of the Eastern Winds set (which by the way NOBODY WANTS ANYMORE) for twitch drops.

They're digital sails youre not collecting 1950s automobiles. And I know what you're thinking "then it wouldn't be exclusive" good. It shouldn't have to be. Sinking 500 skeleton ships in game to earn a pair of cannons and killing a white shark that probably doesn't even exist is challenging enough without making people waste five hours trying to figure out what two parrots are saying in a 20 minute video. Release everything to everyone, or don't make it at all.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • @hrubixcube There are several valuable prizes for those that solve the Quest soonest, of course it was never going to be easy for everyone.

As for cosmetics, how is it any different to "1950's Automobiles"? If those were still made and available freely to all, they wouldn't be nearly as valuable/sought after.

As you have indicated you wish to not hear any other opinions, I'll be dropping anchor here. If you wish to contribute to or get involved with the current mystery, you can do so in the Mega Thread

Thank you.

Publicaciones
Visitas
1 de 2