New weapons?

• I often wish there were more weapons in sot and I know others do as well, so this is a list of my IDEAS!

Sawed off blunderbuss - a closer range blunderbuss that is shot twice in quick succession. If both shots hit it would do approximately 2 third health. It has really short range and can be reloaded slowly. (Cite cod sawed off shotgun)

Dagger - it's a pirate game it needs pirate tools. Daggers would deal low damage, but attack fast. idk about throwing them

Bayonet - bayonets would be fixed to the end of a musket or eye of reach, but idk about how good this idea is because it would overhaul most of the eye of reach skins

Triple barrel pistol - shots are mid range and fired in rapid succession. A full magazine shot to the chest would do almost entire health. About a fifth of a second between shots, so they can move out of the way so the gun isnt broken/rly good. (Bayonet could be added to this gun for melee purposes to finish off a kill?)

Club - roughly made the club deals low low damage, but can make the enemies screen shake when hit, and knock them back. A defensive weapon, it would push someone away or off the ship. Imagine the anti-boarder club. Would also be a way to get out of being spawn camped.

Melee/fists - will always be option to use, deal low low low damage, but kill snakes on first hit. Basically the snake killer cuz they're annoying, also you could punch trees and coconuts could fall??? (Could push players back just slightly when punching them. Maybe a last ditch effort to fend off a sword attack??)

Double barrel pistol - similar to triple barrel, but is held in one hand, and can be fired while on a ladder. The anti-anti-anti-boarder weapon. While climbing a ladder or on a ship fire on of these at close range for some quick damage. The shots will deal medium damage but takes a long reload.

Weapons I don't think should be added:
    Rifles - ITS A PIRATE GAME
    Staffs or long spears - were not wizards were pirates
    Axes - it could be cool but it makes gameplay weird and clunky (i.e. a long charge up to swipe would make it a glorified sword lunge, if it does high damage it would need to have a long windup so kinda makes it useless)
    Shields - clumsy, huge, and makes fighting ppl annoying. Imagine coming up on a tucker in a corner with a shield? Ew.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    generalxbox onecommunityjust for funwindows 10
  • I have always and will always have an incomplete character without a bow

• Fun fact: Historically, the three barreled pistol would be called a “duck’s foot”. Have an upvote.

• @wolfmanbush
    Whoops forgot that one

Bow - used deals damage based on how far arrow is drawn back. Lines can be attached to an arrow and maybe be like a personal harpoon for loot? Idk just theorizing

• @HoneyCrisp1 1st I would like to applaud you for your contribution - but don't be so quick to judge or assume how a specific weapon might work. For example, you make the assumption that an axe might be slow and powerful. It could have other potential uses - like destroying ship components. Keep your mind and ideas open (especially to change and/or feedback), and continue sharing your thoughts and ideas with us. 😉

• @galactic-geek
    Tysm! I love that idea! I'll try not to be so quick to judge next time!

• I would be careful with adding new guns as it would immediately break the balance that we currently have, which could be good or bad.

At the moment we have

Sword - melee
    Pistol - short/medium range
    Sniper - all ranges tbh, but best at medium/long
    Blunder - short range only

Although not perfect, it is a very good balance.

If Rare went the route of adding new weapons, I would like to see something with a bit more rapid fire, but damage would be similar to pistol or less and obviously other features to improve balance like very long reload time, heating up,etc.

The only 'weapon' I would like to see which could not be used for PVP, is something to scale heights quicker. I forgot what its called. But similar to harpoon so you could zip up or zip line across. But then again, if you can use it in naval combat this would break the delicate balance and having only Rare employees or even insiders testing it would not be enough.

Publicaciones
Visitas
generalxbox onecommunityjust for funwindows 10
6 de 7