Pvp should mean KOS in outposts

• Pvp players needs a reality check. For some great realism outposts should not trade with pvp players for a countdown.

Y? Because this game has a very toxic community. People see pirate and think that means be a #### to everyone as often as possible. I literally cannot open matchmaking without being intentionally sunk by my own crew within the first 5-10 players in about as many minutes.

In reality if you went around attacking every other crew around no one would do business with you. Even pirates have to have people to trade with. So you want to be PVP, go to reapers only! Every outpost should treat you like a criminal.

Some crews are going to be pvp, but every player on the server constantly screwing every one else is killing the game. The few times I've managed to convince friends to try they have the same complaints, none of which will bother with the time any more. Two hours down the drain with no progress is ridiculous, but that's Sea of Thieves almost every time it seems between random monsters, pvp, and server switches that keep you from getting back your loot

Rant done, please add KOS!

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    feedback
  • Thats a long post to rant about being sunk in a PvEvP game. You know the drill when you start the game, and you know Rare is not gonna add some system to instakill players who ever sunk any ships whenever they get to an outpost.

• Two hours down the drain with no progress

a tale as old as time

aim for the 20-25 mark for selling, even if it sacrifices some bonus or gets annoying, stick to it and work your way up from there.

sovereigns make selling a breeze for even a solo

• This game isn't about realism if you noticed, from the whole world events, Flameheart, Kraken, megalodon, Ferry of the damned, living skeletons, siren Shrines and Treasuries, Devils Roar erupting every half hour or less...

There should be no penalty for the way you play the game, you can run, you can chase, any of that, but adding a penalty for attacking someone at an outpost is not only a bad idea but a flawed idea too.

1. What's stopping me from going to the outpost (as the defensive player) mid-fight and getting them screwed over from that outpost just because I ran straight there first thing
    2. What's stopping me from going to another outpost (as the aggressive player) post-fight and selling there?
    3. What are you supposed to do if someone is just camping at the outpost and not selling? Say you get sunk, they just sit there and you come back again and again, they're not moving and have all of your loot below deck, they're not selling it either, but if you attack them you get banned from the outpost too. This will just further spread unsporting behaviour that ruins your session with your own plan more than anything.
  • @gallerine5582
    Actually this sounds perfect. Has no one ever played another open world game? It works in every single one of them.

Skyrim is a great example. Start problems in a town and you can't do business in that town. And actually I meant all outposts except Reavers

As far as a pirate staying in a town so they are not attacked what exactly is wrong with that? If someone does not want to participate in pvp then why do they have to put up with anyone's aggressive nonsense? You really going to get mad if you can't kill one player you come across? If so you are proving my point

• @wolfmanbush

And it makes a large open game time consuming and tedious and highly unenjoyable. So what's the point? Sorry but their are better solutions than deal with it

• @hefty-henri
    If it was occasional it wouldn't be so bad. But they are currently encouraging this behavior with no consequences. Add to that people tendencies to already be childish in video games and it has gotten out of hand

I belive I stated that I cannot even open a crew without being sunk by my own crew more often than not. The aggression needs to be addressed. I did not say instakill. I said be treated as you would by even fellow pirates if you went entirely rogue against pirate you saw

• This is the most toxic game I've ever played and it's fueled by THIER streamers that they support. So until they start banning them for being toxic everyone will copy them.

• @usher2hell
    I've been banned and blocked from these threads bro. Rare doesn't care. They support toxic streamers that do that all the time. When I did It I got banned. The game changes front the top and they won't scold one of thier own streamers.

• @usher2hell yeah honesty there’s nothing worse than meeting pirates in a sailing simulator, that’s why I avoid playing pirate games and only play sailing simulators like sea of thieves

• @usher2hell JAJAJAJAJAJ CANONS GO BRRRRRRRR

• @p4l3ryder Rare do care about toxic behaviour within the game, and if you believe any player has been toxic you can report them to Xbox Live here. You can also submit a support ticket via Rare Player Support.

• @usher2hell

• What if a crew at the outpost successfully defends themselves from an enemy ship? Then there's just more time for their fallen foe to sail back and try again while they aren't selling. In addition, this is detrimental to the trading companies as it takes longer for their loot to reach them (And you know how the merchant alliance is about wasting time).
    • If someone comes along and sinks a gold hoarder emissary and sells their loot at an outpost, it is in fact beneficial to the gold hoarders as they don't need to pay as much to a non-emissary.
    • We're pirates. The trading companies are pirates. And everybody is immortal. Think about this.
  • @mr-whaletoes
    it's been repeatedly stated in lore drops that gold hoarders couldn't care less where their gold comes from

• @scheneighnay
    So we agree.

• Let me guess, you lost your gilded voyage of restitution?

People have been ranting about pvp on the forums probably since the day one. Especially after they got sunk and are still frustrated about it. Yet the game is still here.

Everyone complaining they get sunk all the time at outpost, or within the first 5 min of leaving and can’t level up an emissary to more than lvl2 probably all play in the same timezone, that is also different than mine, because i do not have this problem. Yes i get sunk from time to time but its life.

• @Usher2Hell
    you need a reality check
    if pvpers went to reapers,
    for fishing get call of the angler
    for hunting get way of the hunter
    toxic community is not the pvpers.
    I will explain it.
    There are many players in this game who pve and pvp. The ones who sink end up crying and being toxic. That is the pver's always, and sometimes mid pvper's. The ones who end up spawn camping, bucketing, doing emotes on the fallen soul, and saying bad things to demotivate are toxic players. You can say the tdmers somehow are toxic, because due to their skill, they think they can show it off and laugh on your bad skills.
    I do tdm, but i don't do any of that. I only do this when one guy takes advantage and i enter god mode and camp him till he becomes toxic.
    So this is the way, somehow i find it ironic that a pvper will go to a noob and spawn camp him till the noob becomes angry and says toxic words to him, and the pvper records it and reports him, making the noob banned from the game. I cannot even think of a solution to this, i have seen this happen by noobface and his crew.

• Pvp players needs a reality check.

I think the only reality check needed here is understanding that this is just a game. Creating arbitrary rules that detract from one of the big selling points in this game, stealing, is stifling to the community. This isn't reality, its a game. Rare sets out for players to have a literal sandbox with no rules besides very basic TOS stuff. Why stifle it? Sometimes I want to play as the big baddie, the terror of the seas, the ultimate threat to every player on the server. Other days not so much. Its nice that I'm not getting punished for doing pirate things in a pirate game. We are all criminals already.

Two hours down the drain with no progress is ridiculous...

And this here is the crux of the salt. Just bitterness in the face of defeat. We've all been there at some point, the majority of us don't feel the need to rant about it on a forum. We just accept the game for what it is, you won't always be on top and its ok to lose.

• Sea of thieves traders are diffrent. They accept every loot as long as it comes into their hands.

That's why Grand Maratime Union is a hated company. They are the traders you are talking about.

• pirate game, sink or be sunk

• This game has so much to offer outside of the PvP parts. So the people saying, "doNt pLaY it ThEN" are being small minded. I think the idea of having a choice of logging in to a pvp or a pve server would be genius for Rare. Sometimes I get on solo and just want to do the tall tales, or complete some quests, having every fully crewed reaper kill me over and over when I don't even have anything for them to take is trash. Ruins the fun of the rest of the game. The game is so fun to play and toxic pvp players completely ruin it.

• @lilwitch87 said in Pvp should mean KOS in outposts:

This game has so much to offer outside of the PvP parts. So the people saying, "doNt pLaY it ThEN" are being small minded. I think the idea of having a choice of logging in to a pvp or a pve server would be genius for Rare. Sometimes I get on solo and just want to do the tall tales, or complete some quests, having every fully crewed reaper kill me over and over when I don't even have anything for them to take is trash. Ruins the fun of the rest of the game. The game is so fun to play and toxic pvp players completely ruin it.

Except Rare has stated numerous times that pve servers will never be a thing. That when private servers do happen they will be progressionless. No gold. No comms. No rep.

• Then I’ll hold them at gunpoint and get even better deals than normal. Beat that!

• @beefbeeefbeeef well said

• @lizalaroo said in Pvp should mean KOS in outposts:

You can also submit a support ticket via Rare Player Support.

No I can't! I can't submit a support ticket! The site won't let me! It automatically signs me out! 😭

• @usher2hell Ah yes killing one player is such an issue.

Across hundreds of servers
    Thousands of players
    YES, IT ADDS UP.

I personally don't do PvP that much anymore and I find myself strategically escaping aggressive encounters, so it's not me trying to kill everyone in sight, this is me saying that the game should not compensate for YOUR inability. Why should Rare make the game harder for someone else because you simply couldn't keep an eye out better, why should it be less fun because YOU lost...?

The Reapers didn't exist for a very long time in the beginning, and people were FINE with how combat worked, so I don't see why because a new faction was introduced, players should be forced into using it. Everything is optional in this game: emissaries, PvE, engaging in PvP, there are options, and you only seem to want to make it worse for those doing a different part because it doesn't benefit you.

• skill issue tbh

• @usher2hell said in Pvp should mean KOS in outposts:

Pvp players needs a reality check. For some great realism outposts should not trade with pvp players for a countdown.

Y? Because this game has a very toxic community. People see pirate and think that means be a #### to everyone as often as possible. I literally cannot open matchmaking without being intentionally sunk by my own crew within the first 5-10 players in about as many minutes.

In reality if you went around attacking every other crew around no one would do business with you. Even pirates have to have people to trade with. So you want to be PVP, go to reapers only! Every outpost should treat you like a criminal.

Some crews are going to be pvp, but every player on the server constantly screwing every one else is killing the game. The few times I've managed to convince friends to try they have the same complaints, none of which will bother with the time any more. Two hours down the drain with no progress is ridiculous, but that's Sea of Thieves almost every time it seems between random monsters, pvp, and server switches that keep you from getting back your loot

Rant done, please add KOS!

Sea of THIEVES. It is a game about a SEA FULL OF THIEVES.

• Sinking some one at an outpost and not being able to sell seems like more of a hassle, some one comes at you and you defend your self, and suddenly... "Oh! well... now i have to wait for a cool down just to sell my loot because i was in combat, and hey... now that ship is coming back to try to sink me again, time to reset the timer!"

• i agree the game can be harsh and toxic at times, but the "spawn camping after i just started" is not a thing.
    I almost never experienced it in 1k hours playtime. I can probably count the times on one hand, and where is the deal, so u just either

• relog
    • or go to ur ship on the new spawn location and start from there
  • Watch your horizons. And don’t expect other people to play the way you want them to and you’ll be fine.

The game is that much more rewarding once you embrace and survive this stuff.

• It’s called sea of thieves. I think crime is excepted by everyone at this point.

• @lilwitch87 a dit dans Pvp should mean KOS in outposts :

The game is so fun to play and toxic pvp players completely ruin it.

And yet when you go on the game Steam page you find less than 10% negative reviews (and not all of them are about the existence of PvP).

I don't think the PvP aspect of this pvpve game is as big of a deal breaker for the overall community than you think it is.

Publicaciones
Visitas
feedback
3 de 90