New Ocean Based Boss: Leviathan/Sea Serpent/Sea Dragon

• I'm a fan of the Kraken and Megalodon fights in Sea of Thieves, but I wish there were more ocean giants you could encounter on the ocean. I think it'd be neat if there was some kind of sea serpent boss you could encounter in the Devil's Roar as either a world event or maybe a random encounter, would seem like a fitting location. It could have a nesting ground that if you sail to close it gets aggravated and the fight begins, but there is a time limit between encounters, and a world event were it swims to a spot of the Devil's Roar indicated by a serpent cloud.

I imagine it as an extremely long sea snake/eel covered in a bunch of flamming scales and fins with glowing orange eyes and a bunch of teeth to make it intimidating. It would headbutt, chomp and coil around your boat causing damage and have some fire based attacks like lighting your ship on fire via its breath, and maybe some charged attack too that if you don't shoot a cannon at it in time it incinerates you and deals massive damage to the boat.

It would be a hassle to handle the boat repairs and putting out the fire as well as trying to land shots on it, but once you kill it it would either drop some kind of treasure exclusive to it or just a hefty load of normal treasure to pay off for the hard fight. And if you don't want to fight it you can just sail away from its general spawn area and it will leave you alone, but that's no fun! Just an idea 💡

Publicaciones
    Visitas
    just for fungeneral
  • I really like your idea. I'm all for adding a variety of world bosses to the game. An eel is unique and would definitely fit in with the theme of the game. I think it should be a random encounter similar to the kraken and meg though.

I still want to see a new swamp area that includes a massive crocodile world boss. Another option might be to add random patches of seaweed and kelp around islands. You could have the salt water crocodile hiding amongst the patches.

• @hudcini09890

Maybe something like this?

• Been asked before.
    Someone even made a video/actual gameplay of what IF and how Rare could do it.

• @limbicfanatic
    Great minds think alike 👌

• @burnbacon
    Oh cool, what's the video?

• @jester1027

Thanks, and yeah I think a better variety of world bosses would make the game more fun and more challenging depending. I like your idea though of the swamp. I never really thought about that kind of environment being in a game like this but I imagine it would be like more densely packed with islands and harder to navigate the ship, and a crocodile boss would definitely fit that place.

• @hudcini09890 said in New Ocean Based Boss: Leviathan/Sea Serpent/Sea Dragon:

@jester1027

Thanks, and yeah I think a better variety of world bosses would make the game more fun and more challenging depending. I like your idea though of the swamp. I never really thought about that kind of environment being in a game like this but I imagine it would be like more densely packed with islands and harder to navigate the ship, and a crocodile boss would definitely fit that place.

I imagine the swamp being something along the lines of what was seen Captains of the Damned, the third Tall Tale in the A Pirate's Life Arc (https://seaofthieves.fandom.com/wiki/Captains_of_the_Damned), some scenes portraying Jack and Barbossa in a swamp in Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirates_of_the_Caribbean:_On_Stranger_Tides) and all the scenes in Pirates of the Caribbean movies portraying Tia Dalma's shack (and the surrounding swamp).

Dense foliage, dark atmosphere (partly due to shadows cast by the trees), lots of winding and intertwining rivers and lots of willow trees hanging over the water. Most of the rivers would be just deep and wide enough (like in the tall tale) for you to sail your ship through slowly, although I imagine some would need a rowboat for further exploration. There would also be many remains of dead pirates and pieces of ruined structures (most made of wood) and crashed and sunk ships and rowboats.

• @jester1027 said in New Ocean Based Boss: Leviathan/Sea Serpent/Sea Dragon:

I really like your idea. I'm all for adding a variety of world bosses to the game. An eel is unique and would definitely fit in with the theme of the game. I think it should be a random encounter similar to the kraken and meg though.

I still want to see a new swamp area that includes a massive crocodile world boss. Another option might be to add random patches of seaweed and kelp around islands. You could have the salt water crocodile hiding amongst the patches.

I already have enough, I don’t need more crocodiles in my life 🐊❌

• A Crocodile would certainly go a long with the potential Captain Hook/Disney rumours....

• @hudcini09890 if love a new sea monster to fight but honestly I’d love to see a rework of the kraken fight it needs to more of a threat and better reward cuz as of right now it’s worth the cannon balls to fight and it’s way to east of a fight

• @longjohnnova said in New Ocean Based Boss: Leviathan/Sea Serpent/Sea Dragon:

A Crocodile would certainly go a long with the potential Captain Hook/Disney rumours....

That's what I was thinking too. If they do it, I hope they add a sound effect where you hear ticking when you get close.

• @otherfanboy said in New Ocean Based Boss: Leviathan/Sea Serpent/Sea Dragon:

@hudcini09890 if love a new sea monster to fight but honestly I’d love to see a rework of the kraken fight it needs to more of a threat and better reward cuz as of right now it’s worth the cannon balls to fight and it’s way to east of a fight

I agree. The kraken should get a slight upgrade. The loot needs to be buffed a bit for the amount of resources required to defeat it. I would also really like to see the head of the kraken make an appearance during the fight. Rare's kraken has such a cool design. I just think it would be nice to see more of the kraken than just the tentacles. I know this goes against the lore, but I would love to see different variants of the kraken, similar to the megs. I'm not asking for a shrouded kraken or anything, but hey, I wouldn't complain if they decided to go that way. It's just one more thing to chase.

Publicaciones
Visitas
just for fungeneral
12 de 13