Playstation port

• Hello. I was wonder if you could port Sea of Thieves over to Playstation consoles. The system would benefit out of the online multiplayer ratio, and introduce a much larger fanbase. Most family homes play on a console instead of a PC, and not all homes own an Xbox. The Xbox system is very popular to the US population, but worldwide the Playstation brand is more recognizable. There are a number of Microsoft IPs that made their way to other systems, such as Ori on Switch, Psychonauts 1 and 2 on PS4, Minecraft Bedrock Edition on both Switch and PS4 (and uses a Microsoft account), Minecraft Dungeons, and Cuphead. Please do this. This could boost the overall sales of the game, and putting in native PS5 features could look really could for a game so impactful as Sea of Thieves.

Publicaciones
    Visitas
  • @arcticphantom01 They won't.

• Sea of thieves is an Microsoft exclusive, so it will never be on play station, if you have play station I can suggest getting xbox game pass and you can use xcloud on a phone or tablet to play the game!

• @arcticphantom01 Never going to happen. SONY probably wouldn't allow it anyway even if Microsoft did try or at least slap on all these additional charges for them to "enable" cross-platform play as they have been exposed of doing to other developers seeking that function.

And a little clarification - Microsoft does not own either the developers or IPs of Ori or Cuphead, they were only limited time exclusives. Psychonauts 1 was already a multiplatform game long before Microsoft bought Double Fine. Psychonauts 2 was a crowd-funded game via Fig before the Microsoft acquisition which already promised a Playstation version (may have even been the lead platform too at that time) and deals were already in place so contracts couldn't be cancelled to make it exclusive without a lot of lawsuits coming to bear. Minecraft was already on other consoles (PS3) before Mojang was bought and frankly bigger than a single console so makes sense to keep it multiplatform. Minecraft Dungeons is not a huge, system selling title like Sea of Thieves so benefits from mutiplatform release.

You don't put your best games on the competitors' system, and Sea of Thieves if definitely one of Xbox's best franchises.

• @arcticphantom01 And since it is a multiplayer game that is not a Free to Play game, you'd have to have a PS Plus membership to play anyway if it were to ever happen (since you whined about the Gold requirement for the game in another thread), which complicates it even further and pretty much cements the fact it will never happen.

• @luke-bot19 last I heard there are also plans to bring xcloud to smart TVs via an app and/or low cost dongle.

And who knows, somewhere down the line there might even be an xcloud app on PS. Only downside is it'll be streaming and you'll have to subscribe to Game Pass.

• @thagoochiestman said in Playstation port:

@luke-bot19 last I heard there are also plans to bring xcloud to smart TVs via an app and/or low cost dongle.

And who knows, somewhere down the line there might even be an xcloud app on PS. Only downside is it'll be streaming and you'll have to subscribe to Game Pass.

Actually you'd need the Game Pass Ultimate subscription as that is the only one that includes cloud gaming. But he's already complained about the Xbox Live Gold requirement that is included in Ultimate so unlikely to support the extra charge.

I think you can cross off any possibility of xcloud gaming coming to SONY or Nintendo as those talks have pretty much ended. And SONY is least likely to play ball anyway as that arrogant streak they had beginning with the PS3 launch is rearing its head once again.

• PlayStation users can already play it via xcloud game streaming.

No need to port anything, just use Google and you could be playing today!

• Sony doesn’t like to share. So why Microsoft?

The system would benefit out of the online multiplayer ratio, and introduce a much larger fanbase.

Funny.

• @luke-bot19 said in Playstation port:

Sea of thieves is an Microsoft exclusive, so it will never be on play station, if you have play station I can suggest getting xbox game pass and you can use xcloud on a phone or tablet to play the game!

Or wait out the new Steam deck!

• @burnbacon said in Playstation port:

Sony doesn’t like to share. So why Microsoft?

The system would benefit out of the online multiplayer ratio, and introduce a much larger fanbase.

Funny.

Also giggled...

• Wow, this is the second post of this kind I have seen in two days!
    I get that MS allow it on Steam, but that makes sense as it's already on Windows PCs (so their "platform")... but why are folk suddenly asking for it on PS5?

• @sshteeve Because there aren't many good games on PS5. 🤣

• @needsmokes aye, a year on and things are looking grim on both sides... so glad I got a next gen console early in the cycle!

• @sshteeve

Still yet to get my hands on the series X. But i'm in no hurry.. Been burnt with Launch consoles before and the terrible memory that comes with them. Holding out for the next batch that arrives.. Kids however are super happy with the series s's they have.. But i might need to upgrade sooner than i had hoped after watching lots of content about Riders Republic.. There's a game i'm itching to get my hands on next gen.

• @needsmokes my buddy rocks a series s and loves it. he only has a 1080 TV so it's perfect. for a 300$ box it's a pretty awesome toy

• @captain-coel said in Playstation port:

@needsmokes my buddy rocks a series s and loves it. he only has a 1080 TV so it's perfect. for a 300$ box it's a pretty awesome toy

Have one myself, as it was much easier to get than the Series X and like your buddy am limited to 1080p projector or TV at this times so wouldn't get the full effect of the Series X. Great little system with the only drawback being the smaller SSD and no optical drive. The latter part recently has become a greater issue since my One stopped reading Blu-Ray discs so can't play any of the handful of games I have on disc. At least it still reads DVDs so I can still play some 360 games on it that i don't have digitally, but I still have a few 360s for that as well.

But overall no complaints about the Series S (other than the 2 mentioned above, which I knew before I bought it), runs what it is supposed to with good performance.

• @dlchief58 while the drive situation is much harder to fix, hopefully they add more storage options. I'd love to see a 500 and 2tb model of the memory card for the series systems available. They might be expensive but pcie 4.0 nvme drives are similarly expensive.

• @arcticphantom01
    More platforms = more builds that need to be made = more work = development takes longer.

I would want Sea of Thieves on PS/Switch only if there were no drawbacks.

But xCloud will work for people who don't want to own an Xbox/play on a computer.

• @needsmokes, @Captain-Coel and @dlCHIEF58 I hear all of ya!

Mine is a Series S. I wasn't going to be able to justify the cost of a series X (not to mention availability) and I only have 1080p TVs at home, so when GAME in the UK offered a series S for £50 when you traded in a Switch it was a no brainer for me.

Its quick and goes toe to toe with its bigger brother on loading as I have tested it with friends on the larger console.

• @sshteeve if anything the Series S has the opportunity to be faster. The S|X run similar drives one being 500gb and one being 1000gb, how ever the Series S only loads the 1080 assets and the X has to load 4k assets. Im really considering building a mobile gaming rig with the Series S

• @needsmokes There are good games on PS5. Ratchet and Clank Rift Apart, Astro's Playroom, Demon Souls, Returnal, and classic PS4 games like God of War, Horizon Zero Dawn, Spider-Man, etc.

• @paparug420 sagte in Playstation port:

PlayStation users can already play it via xcloud game streaming.

No need to port anything, just use Google and you could be playing today!

Just PS4...on PS5 Sony disabled the browser (probably because of this)...

• @dlchief58 That is not my issue. I am not complaining about Game Pass Ultimate. I used it, I enjoyed it, but I don't want to spend a subscription just to play a game that I own (I OWN a copy of Sea of Thieves, physical). Believe me, I don't make a lot of money, and I had to really save up when I got my PS5, so I could not buy any games for several months, including any subscriptions. I got it, and I enjoy it. I use my Playstation just to play exclusives and single player titles. I did not get the Series X because there was nothing worth buying on that system, I already can play them on my One S (which is better than the original One). I believe an online subscription should be applied on games that do offer a single player mode, with a seperate online function. If the game is entirely focused online, then I don't see why a subscription should be in place. Remember when at the Xbox One lauch Microsoft was going to require a subscription for almost everything (for streaming, playing games, etc.), and it took them a long time to remove the subscription requirement for free-to-play games like Rocket League or Apex Legends. Even if you were to play alone, the game will still require people to own Xbox Live Gold, and I don't do online games enough to warrant getting a subscription.

• @arcticphantom01 Servers for online games cost money so it makes absolutely no sense for them to have a Live requirement for games that have online multiplayer as an option opposed to games that require it to just play the game (online multiplayer only). That is why a subscription is in place, because these games have a continuous cost associated with their operation. Would you rather every game have a separate subscription model (like a lot of MMOs) instead of a blanket one covering all of them? Because that is likely what would happen - either that or more predatory micro transactions would be added in their place.

Where are you getting the idea that Microsoft was going to charge a subscription for everything at the launch of the One? Hmmm? There is absolutely no evidence to support that. Sure they were late to the party regarding Free to Play games but they did get there finally.

As I said, many other online only games are still out there and fall under this requirement such as Destiny, Rainbow Six Siege and a host of others. If you can't afford a Live subscription it is relatively simple to get it for free by using Microsoft Rewards as well as Game Pass quests if you are subscribed to that. I haven't paid for Live in several years now. Your financial situation is irrelevant as it comes down to priorities as well as ingenuity. You want the pleasure to play Sea of Thieves online, is $5 a month too much for you (based on a year subscription at $60...which is often on sale for much cheaper)? If so then perhaps you chose the wrong hobby.

• @galactic-geek

They did.

• As this thread was years old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Publicaciones
Visitas
26 de 27