Merchant Sunken Manifest voyage

• Can anyone confirm that the merchant manifest voyages are bugged at the moment? The last four I have done have failed to spawn the ship at the end. Have the keys, but definately no wreck spawns.

Aufrufe
  • @endoftheline72 said in Merchant Sunken Manifest voyage:

Can anyone confirm that the merchant manifest voyages are bugged at the moment? The last four I have done have failed to spawn the ship at the end. Have the keys, but definately no wreck spawns.

Perhaps someone can correct me but I am pretty sure that if the shipwreck does not spawn, you won't get a key.

You might have just missed them. The birds do not stand out from previous, it will just be near the end point SOMEWHERE and sunk.

• They have had inconsistency issues since they were released

if I had to guess that inconsistency increases with more ships per server and their changes to shipwrecks in the last patch

between random shipwrecks/reaper chest shipwrecks, merchant, and athena shipwrecks there are a lot of chances for location clashing/bugs

@PersonalC0ffee

the key still spawns, that's sellable loot

• @wolfmanbush said in Merchant Sunken Manifest voyage:

They have had inconsistency issues since they were released

if I had to guess that inconsistency increases with more ships per server and their changes to shipwrecks in the last patch

between random shipwrecks/reaper chest shipwrecks, merchant, and athena shipwrecks there are a lot of chances for location clashing

@PersonalC0ffee

Thank you, Wolf. I guess it was just happy accidents that every time my shipwreck did not spawn, I could not find the key.

• @personalc0ffee said in Merchant Sunken Manifest voyage:

@wolfmanbush said in Merchant Sunken Manifest voyage:

They have had inconsistency issues since they were released

between random shipwrecks/reaper chest shipwrecks, merchant, and athena shipwrecks there are a lot of chances for location clashing

@PersonalC0ffee

Thank you, Wolf. I guess it was just happy accidents that every time my shipwreck did not spawn, I could not find the key.

yeah the key has a fairly inconsistent history too but it did improve over time

a lot of what was happening with the key is it was getting put in weird spots and it often had clipping issues to where it wouldn't shine

like no shine in the water, stuck in the wood on seaposts, on posts without shine on forts, etc so a lot of the time people were missing them due to that.

• @personalc0ffee I searched the area very thoroughly , it was pretty small area between last clue and destination and ive done a bunch of them before no issue, but this season all the other parts work fine but the ship doesn't seem to spawn or if it does its hasn't been within a bulls roar of said destination

• Hmm, it must be the spawns overlapping. Fix one thing, break another.

SIGH

• We've done a lost shipment today. Found the key, found the wreck .. just as intended.
    I suggest to cross search near the destination. The wreck can be waaay away from the last clue, as if the captain was drunk, sailing the longest possible path to the destination. No wonder he wrecked.

• I did a couple of lost shipment voyages yesterday, everything worked like normal. The only oddity I observed was that for one of them, the wreck was farther from the destination than the final clue ("We have no choice but to beeline for our destination", after which they apparently turned around and went the opposite way).

• @eldritchbear said in Merchant Sunken Manifest voyage:

I did a couple of lost shipment voyages yesterday, everything worked like normal. The only oddity I observed was that for one of them, the wreck was farther from the destination than the final clue ("We have no choice but to beeline for our destination", after which they apparently turned around and went the opposite way).

This is probably one of the issues that causes people not to find their wreck. I’ve had multiple that put the wreck so far from the destination, on the complete opposite side from the last clue. If I hadn’t learned a long time ago to circle all the islands pretty widely until I find the wreck, I would have thought it never spawned. Plus the birds for it aren’t like normal shipwreck birds. It looks more like flotsam birds, while the first clue always looks like wreck birds.

One cool thing I learned in a captaincy ship is if you sail over the wreck it will +1 to your shipwrecks visited. And also your wreck will show on your route paper if you find it.

Aufrufe
9 von 10