Missing or Corrupt Data File

• I have been having the "missing or corrupt data file" error for the past month or two. I have run through every step on the support page dedicated to this issue. I have submitted a ticket to SoT support where they had me run through a number of additional steps. They finally told me "Sorry, we have tried everything, we are out of ideas" and closed the ticket. Has anyone had this issue before and successfully resolved the issue with a step other than those suggested on the support site? It is incredibly frustrating because not only does the game crash (which I could easily recover back into the game and session quickly from in a matter of seconds), but it forces a full integrity check via Steam, which takes ~5 minutes, so I am sunk by the time I get back in (hourglass).

Aufrufe
  • The Data file referenced is always LZ4_CC_PV, but the referencer changes every time (and I have deleted the referencer multiple times as is suggested by the support site).

• I have the same issue. Support exhausted all possible resolutions.

I have to live with the crashes… losing 4 streaks in hourglass because of a game crash is really frustrating :(

• I used to have this problem in the start of Season 8
    Only way to fix it was removing 8gb of RAM

It was a specific module of RAM when beeing acessed by the game, corrupted the data files.

• @capitao-w1ll
    Thanks. I ran a memtest and it found a failure. Working on replacing the faulty stick now...

• I have the exact same issue and I have contacted Rare mustiple times and they eventually dont know what to do. Does anyone have a solution?

• @im-booni

Read the 2 posts above. Sounds like they figured it out.

• As this thread was almost a year old and revived today, it will now be locked.

A general reminder to all, please avoid reviving threads aged past 30 days, as it is considered a necro, and is against our Forum Rules.

Bumping Threads
    Bumping threads with content that is not providing additional information to the original post is not permitted. Resurrecting very old threads is also not permitted. A warning will be issued and the thread locked. Ignoring the warning will result in a temporary ban from the Forums and a final warning. If the action continues, a permanent ban from the Forums will be issued.

Aufrufe
4 von 8