When I come around, I don't shoot my cannon first, but when I do...

• It's normally because you have decided to shoot nearly a dozen shots at me and my son sailing to an island.

My son and I were playing, and we just got done with an undersea treasury and were looking for an island to sell our stuff on. The first one had a galleon, I'm like "There is a whole lot of nope there."

2nd one was a sloop just starting out, and I decided to sail to the other side to not cause a fuss. The crew on the other ship decided to attack, well, I let them attack and miss grandly on us... not one shot was even close.

I sailed around the ship and decided to go to another island, they decided to let another volley of rounds at us. I got to the cannon, aimed a fire shot at them and let loose a single shot. It arced in the air and I smiled as I new it was going to hit their mast. I didn't expect much but they were carrying around a few explosive barrels, and all my son and I see are two random explosions... and a ship caught quickly on fire.

My guess was that they both died in the explosions and didn't come back until their ship was engulfed in flames, I just sailed past and let them deal with their actions.

My son asked me, "Why did you only shoot them once, why didn't you sink them?"

I said, "That was a learning shot."

He asked, "Learning shot?"

I said, "Yup, they learned to not shoot at someone just because they could."

He asked me then, "What happens if they follow?"

I said simply, "They learn what it means to be sunk."

We had a full round of ammo that could have put them to sleep, unable to repair their ships, dropped their anchor and raised their sails...

After we went to the Sovereign, we saw a ship just starting out, we had two crates for general supplies, I filled one up with our food, and wood. I put all the ammo we had and special shots into the 2nd one.

I dropped them off with my son on the ship and had my Mic on. I didn't see them on the ship, but I said as we were walking past the tavern, "We let something on your ship, have fun!"

My son asked me, "Why did you do that?"

I said, "Why not? We are leaving and it's better someone else can use it, than it being lost after we leave. That plus it's good to be nice sometimes."

Aufrufe
  • "why"
    "what happens..."
    constantly pressing for understanding

youthful curiosity that is far too often lost at sea during the journey between inexperienced and experienced adventuring

if he retains anything from your adventures, hopefully it's his curiosity and fearless approach to questioning the unknown.

• @wolfmanbush said in When I come around, I don't shoot my cannon first, but when I do...:

"why"
    "what happens..."
    constantly pressing for understanding

youthful curiosity that is far too often lost at sea during the journey between inexperienced and experienced adventuring

if he retains anything from your adventures, hopefully it's his curiosity and fearless approach to questioning the unknown.

He hasn't lost it yet; between COVID learning, and everything else, doubt he will any time soon.

• This is why when possible I scout first and if they turn out to be the aggressive ones even after I tell them I have no interest in what they have whilst I am just sailing about between my commendation completions I will lay into them with long range cannon fire especially when I see they can't shoot far with theirs.

If they have kegs I will aim for them with sniper fire and firebombs, or I will find a way to swim out a keg to them to deal with them that way before continuing where I left off or if its a persistent crew I would just portal hop (done this to a salty sloop twice because I did not want to deal with them on low supplies).

Aufrufe
1 von 4