Buff Old World Events

• Ok Rare, a buff is very much needed for old world events like the OG skull fort of even fleets. Ik fleets are better, but the payout could still be better. And skull forts desperately need either a rework or massive overhaul. The loot is just not really worth it compared to every other event. Either increase the payout of the items or just add a lot more loot inside the vault. I absolutely hate to see that this event has nobody doing it other than my crew. Rare, overhaul old content to better compete with new content. No one really does old skull forts, so it kind of kills pvp.

Aufrufe
    feedback
  • @mrclutchyking06 i agree with og skull forts needed a buff but ive found skeleton fleets give a good amount of loot (around enough to get reaper to grade 5 most of the time and if you get all the loot) + its a nice variety of loot apart from merchants since there isnt really a skeleton captain version of a merchant item and that would be my only suggestion to add. but i completely agree that the vault needs some more loot but not too much

• Simple fix: Have each Skeleton Fort have a Chest of Legends as loot. More people will flock to that event then.

Most of the other events I think are pretty balanced, except FOTD. That needs a buff for as tedious as it is to start. Although it's easy to stack, soooo... maybe that one is fine.

What event needs a major buff is OOS Ghost Fleet loot. Maybe higher level voyages should drop more than one Captain of the Damned Skull, and just more loot in general. Also maybe up the chance that it is a Flameheart fleet, especially for the higher tiers. I'm maxed on OOS and have done 20 Ghost Fleet voyages and have never had it be the Burning Blade.

• I think old world events, mainly forts, simply need to consolidate their loot value into easier to carry treasures; at least in terms of making them worthwhile from that perspective. More high value trinkets that can be stashed in chests, and more high value chests instead of loads of less valuable treasures. Also, provide more empty treasure chests to speed up transferring to ship.

The slow speed of looting discourages players from partaking in these events, particularly sloops. It also makes these events very easy to camp as you know how long it takes the crew to loot up after.

From another perspective, these events are kind of obsolete too because they are simply just more boring and easy. Maybe beyond gold, there should be more reason to partake in old content, or the content itself should be updated to be more fun and interesting.

I envision a sort of "living" treasure map that multiple crews can possess and compete over, in which doing world events would be one way to help reveal the location. The treasure could be tied to cosmetics / titles or ship decorations or maybe would be required to enter a special dungeon in the sea of damned through the portals in which you compete with other crews who have also "solved" the map. This is the direction I hope the game goes in, getting away from gold inflation that ruins the economy and obsoletes old content, and more toward unique content and rewards that ties this content together into a more cohesive experience that differs every session, or even can be maintained between sessions. The open world becomes the way to "farm" for the materials and treasures needed for the more competitive and challenging "instanced" content. I'd prefer to see something like this over gold increases, but more gold is a good stop gap in the meantime to bringing these back to life.

• Yeah this is sorely needed. Right now the only world event that feels worth doing is the Fleet. OG skull forts suck, the Ashen Winds sucks, FoF takes way too long and is tedious... fleets are still enjoyable and give great loot. The world event rotation feels especially bad ever since they removed Flameheart.

• @maximusarael020

It's been typically 1/4 for me, or 1/6. I do a lot of them, though, when I'm in the mood.

• Loot buffs only serve to make more gold for the same people that are already doing/stealing those events...they don't attract everyone else to do them with regularity. The FoF is a great example of that fact. It IS a loot-buff version of a regular skull fort...they sit idle and despawn just as often (if not more often) as regular forts.

The reward in this game is cosmetics.

-Raider of Cursed Strongholds
    -Hunter of Fort Skulls
    -Legend of Black Powder
    -Golden Legend of the Strongholds
    -Mystical Legend of the Strongholds
    -Legendary Merchant of Bone
    -6 different commendations for Humble Gifts
    -6 different commendations for Generous Gifts
    -10 different commendations for Rag & Bone Crates
    -9 different commendations for defeating the various Skeleton Lords

That's THIRTY SEVEN commendations related to loot that can be acquired from regular skull forts...aside from a few titles, there's not a single cosmetic reward for any of them.

On top of that, they watered down skull forts by no longer making the loot exclusive to Forts.

Maybe forego a full Twitch Drop set and introduce some cosmetics for actually playing the game.

• Aren't events set to different levels so more players can work their way up? For example, Spanish Forts are the easiest and are great for new players. Then step up to Forts?

• @rikjaxx said in Buff Old World Events:

Aren't events set to different levels so more players can work their way up? For example, Spanish Forts are the easiest and are great for new players. Then step up to Forts?

While that's a good point I feel like seaforts are what rendered the other events irrelevant to begin with.
    Why go under the big beacon in the sky everyone can see when you can hit a couple of seaforts faster for more loot.
    Granted nobody cares about stealing an event that isn't a FoF, FotD, or LotV anyway. Usually. Last weekend we had the entire server fighting over an ashen winds for some ridiculous reason.

• @sweetsandman said in Buff Old World Events:

Loot buffs only serve to make more gold for the same people that are already doing/stealing those events...they don't attract everyone else to do them with regularity. The FoF is a great example of that fact. It IS a loot-buff version of a regular skull fort...they sit idle and despawn just as often (if not more often) as regular forts.

This is reductive though, there's a loot to effort ratio for every event and voyage in the game and both the FoF and OG skull forts suffer from a different problem. The FoF just simply takes too long and has too many waves (and usually attracts the whole server if you actually try to do it), the OG skull fort just gives such terrible loot (yes even after the buff) that it's not worth doing.

• Every skeleton lord should drop their skull as a high value item to sell the price let's say at least the same as the ashen wind skull maybe more I don't know. Plus add commendation and cosmetic to them you have a nice month or two of OG skull fort fight and in the long term maybe more people doing them because they are the easiest event.

• @moogbeard said in Buff Old World Events:

This is reductive though, there's a loot to effort ratio for every event and voyage in the game and both the FoF and OG skull forts suffer from a different problem. The FoF just simply takes too long and has too many waves (and usually attracts the whole server if you actually try to do it), the OG skull fort just gives such terrible loot (yes even after the buff) that it's not worth doing.

While it is reductive, it's a fair comparison of time vs reward. Maybe a better comparison would be to the Ashen Winds Event since they're both shorter events.

A regular skull fort being done by a good duo sloop will take about 15 minutes depending on the wave RNG. It'll net you about 30k in base gold value.

An Ashen Winds event being done by a good duo sloop will take about 10 minutes and net you about 40k in base gold value.

Ashen Winds = 40k/10mins = 4k gold per minute

Skull Fort = 30k/15mins = 2k gold per minute

So, If the time vs reward was more equalized, the Skull Fort should have 60k base value in gold. I'd agree that the skull fort could use a buff to get it in line on principle...but I'd still stand by my overarching point...

Do you really think buffing the loot from 30k to 60k is going to attract more people to do it with more regularity? Unlikely.

• i did 2 days ago fof really fast (solo) with 70 firebombs 60 blunder around and two disney sticks , it just annoyed me a ashenlord spawned at the end i got into a fight with another crew n sunk ,how much loot is in fof? is it worth doin it with other emissarie flying than reaper? i think seaforts n shrines ruined a much balance i just do them mostly cause they are even better than emassary voyages, voyages i just do for milestones.

Aufrufe
feedback
12 von 13